“good value earlybird.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ristorante Rinuccini is a family owned and run multi award-winning Italian restaurant located in the heart of Kilkenny City for over 25 years. Specialising in classic Italian cuisine, Ristorante Rinuccini boasts an extensive menu selection, catering for lunch, dinner, group bookings and private dining in our city-centre restaurant. We also hold one of Ireland's most extensive Italian wine lists and invite guests to visit our custom-built wine cellar at the restaurant.
Dublin, Ireland
“good value earlybird.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2015 NEW

My partner and I dined here midweek.We had not prebooked but were accommodated at a nice table at the back of the room .Food was typically Italian and very good.Service was ok,the waiters were rather starchy and not very attentive,but in fairness the resaurant was busy and we had not booked.We enjoyed a pleasant evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“A taste of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

A very good start..I asked for a corner table and that was exactly what I was given.
A truly atmospheric Restaurant with superb friendly and knowledgeable staff and a wine list of Italian delights for the average customer as well as those with deep pockets !
The food is genuine Italian cooked with flair...my Canneloni was absolute perfection and accompanied by parmesan grated at the table..a lovely touch.From the breads and starters through to the pudding I was in a euphoric state..maybe helped by the wonderful Chianti Riserva!
To see a top restaurant full on a Thursday evening says more than a thousand words...Rinuccini is a Kilkenny treasure.

Visited April 2015
Kilkenny, Ireland
“very little bread on table for large group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW

Pate was very strong flavoured , bread with it was lovely and buttery and garlic . The ravioli filled with spinach and gorgonzola was very hard around edges and no flavour of the strong cheese . All agreed soup good, my son came out hungry as three meatballs were not enough for him , and no he is not fat , just a big six footer, the cod was very nice and again a little portion , and the deep fried broccoli was good. All the men said they could have did with a bigger portion of food . Service was cold and brusque and because everyone seemed under pressure and it was so noisy I felt overall it was not an enjoyable night out , as also I was at edge of table and anyone who passed me , brushed off me. Bread was brown soda bread with little bits of white breads and a packet of bread sticks, which really should have been a good range of good quality breads, good thick bread sticks and how about a taste of Italy. No olive oil on table for white bread, and please why go around with a chunk of parmesan wrapped in a white cloth and a rushed waiter flaking it over our meals.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin Ireland
“Seems frantic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015 NEW

In fairness I was there with a large group and it seems there was a lot of large groups. I felt for the smaller tables that seemed crammed in. I found the menu very large and the dishes similar. Food was nice, okay price, the service seemed frantic and quite intrusive at times. Overall it was fine, pleasant, old world feel to it, I think a lot of their clients are regular which is nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice but pricey !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015 NEW

We picked this restaurant just because of its reviews on trip advisor and its location. We were in Kilkenny for one night so we decided to treat ourselves, We both had the pate for starters which were great, although the portions were a tad small. I ordered the duck which was amazing and my girlfriend ordered the pasta which was pretty dreadful. She sent it back and got a fish dish instead which to be honest was fairly average. There deserts were also quite standard, not really up to scratch for such an expensive place. We spend over 115 euro and were not even offered a drink for our troubles. Needless to say a little disappointed !

• 4 of 5 stars Food