“Good place for excursions in the beautiful surroundings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fels Point Hotel

Save Saved
You added Fels Point Hotel to your Saves list
Fels Point Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dan Spring Road, Tralee, Ireland (Formerly Carlton Hotel Tralee)   |
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Tralee
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good place for excursions in the beautiful surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is a really good hotel with good standards. The breakfast is absolutely great. It's in a rather central location in Tralee but the area around it is a bit empty (which is probably why they have good parking). The bed was ok but a little bit hard. My only complaint is that they let some really loud kids run around screaming in the inner yard for hours so we had to close the windows even though we were on the 3rd floor. Sure the parents should have stopped the kids but since they didn't the hotel should have (it was very loud and rather late and happened 2 days in a row).

• Stayed July 2014
Denis D, General Manager at Fels Point Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Jennie 1972,
Thank you for your kind comment regarding our standards and service.
I promise to attempt to address to situation with regard to unruly children creating noise,
Denis Deery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Attended a function recently at Fels Point Hotel, the welcome from staff was first class, the food exquisite and the rooms were spacious and extremely comfortable. Full compliments to the chef-we were blown away with the standard and array of food during the buffet. Well done to all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Denis D, General Manager at Fels Point Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Geraldine H,
Thank you for the fabulous feedback !
I am delighted that you enjoyed the event so much and hope to meet you in the hotel on many occassions in the future,
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed in Fels Point Hotel last weekend and found it very comfortable and an excellent base for the many activities in the area. I played golf in a brilliant 9 hole links course at Castlegregory and swam at Banna strand where the water wa warm. They hotel had a very warm and welcoming atmosphere The food was very good with very pleasant service..

Room Tip: The otel is located in a very quite area of tralee and all rooms are quite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Denis D, General Manager at Fels Point Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Gerald D,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback which was much appreciated.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future,
Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was recently at a party at Fels Point Hotel and thought the whole evening was amazing. The hotel staff were brilliant and so helpful. We had a buffet which had a great selection of food and was delicious. I would recommend it for any large party - they easily looked after over 200 of us really well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear RebKemp,
Thank you so much for the great feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed the party.
Look forward to welcoming you back to Fels Point Hotel soon.
Waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here to celebrate our youngest first birthday. From check in to check out, was almost perfect, will get to the 'almost' part in a bit but all the good points first. The staff were extremely helpful especially the lovely guy on reception to which i forget his name. The family room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The first night we stayed there seemed to be a party of some sort on but while you could hear some noise, it was so faint that it didn't bother us at all. The ensuite was spotless and all facilities within the room worked perfectly.
Now the 'almost' part, the only let down was the food. We had the buffet breakfast which was fine but the sausages, puddings and bacon were like they were used from the day before. Not a problem as such as the fine scrambled egg made up for it. We had an evening meal on the 2nd night and while my partners steak sambo was perfect our oldest had a bowl of soup, again notting wrong, but I had the fish with mash and veg. Now I never complain about food, i just eat and get on with it, but this was the worse fish i ever had, it was so over cooked it was like rubber and mash and veg were over cooked and dry. I ate what I could and that was that, we did say it at time of paying and thankfully didnt have to pay.

I wish I didnt have to mention the food, because we had a lovely time and very happy memories. And no doubt we will return, as its perfect, I might have been unlucky and just got the short straw. But we hope to be back before school starts and have a great time again.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to families, with the added bonus of getting into the Aquadome for €20 for 2 adults and 2 kids, through here.

We will be back, see you all soon and thank you!!!

Room Tip: Family rooms on the 2nd floor are perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Denis D, General Manager at Fels Point Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Deiselad07
Thank you for your kind comments which are much appreciated,
I look forward to welcoming you back before the summer ends and i promise to provide a perfect fish meal.
Delighted that all other aspects of your stay went well.
Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my three young children and my grandmother on the 11th & 12th July 2014 in two inter connecting bedrooms. I had stayed there 2 years ago when it was a Carlton Hotel and could not fault it, so we were really looking forward to staying there again, not aware that the change in ownership would have made so much of a difference!
I made my reservation a few days before our trip and was quoted €407.90 for the 5 of us to stay there for 2 nights B&B, one kids club session for the children, one evening meal for the 2 adults and one entry for the family to the Aquadome. We arrived on the 11th and the rooms were nice, however there was a stench in one of the rooms, which I reported to reception, and there was bits of biscuits on the ground in the other room when i pushed the single beds together for the kids. That night there was a party on in the hotel and there was a band playing loudly late into the night. Breakfast Saturday morning was average, they were slow to refill the buffet and the hot food was cold. Saturday evening we wanted to watch Tipperary v Offally match in the bar at 7pm and were unable to as there was NO WORKING TV in bar or any other area of the hotel. They put a small make shift TV in the bar at 9pm for The World Cup game.
Our meal in the restaurant on Saturday evening was very nice. Breakfast on Sunday morning was better, more food available and good service. On checking out at 11.45am, I was told the accomodation cost was €457.90, €50 MORE THAN QUOTED!!!!!!!! I spent 30 mins trying to argue my case with zero satisfaction and had to pay €50 more than agreed, I was furious.
In saying that, we had a nice holiday, the Aquadome was fab and we had a very enjoyable excursion to Dingle via The Conor Pass, breath taking views.
The trip did not put me off returning to Tralee but I will definitely source alternative accommodation next time

Room Tip: Make sure to get a confirmation email when making your reservation with the cost of the accommodatio...
Dear Anita,
I am in receipt of your comments which gave me cause for concern.
Firstly may i apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and assure you that this is not indicitive of our normal standards.
I understand our reservations department has rectified the error in rate for which i am sorry.
I do hope you will return to Fels Point Hotel so that we may demonstrate our true capabilities.
Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed just one night at Fels point passing through on a tour. The gym closed at 7pm and didn't open until 8:30am. I found this quite impractical, particularly as a traveller passing through for the night, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The food in the restaurant was also pretty average. They did not have a very good gluten free selection of food, and we're really slow at table service for dinner. Not a very enjoyable experience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Annabelle A,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay,
Our gym times ore based on historical demand but i am happy to review these to provide a better level of customer satisfaction. We will also address our gluten free options to satisfy the growing trend in this area.
Yours SIncerely
Denis Deery

Been to Fels Point Hotel? Share your experiences!