“Best dinner I've had in forever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 80 restaurants in Tralee
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Best dinner I've had in forever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 NEW

Beautiful place with stone/brick walls. Great atmosphere! When we arrived , they were packed but they made room for us. We started off w Bruschetta and wine - fantastic! Our main courses were amazing - knee buckling even. My husband got salmon/sea bass special and I got the Carbonara. THE BEST MEAL! Go!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Cork, Ireland
“Early Bird - Superb!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I recently ate at this restaurant with by boyfriend and I have to say I really loved this restaurant! We chose the early bird menu and the choice of food on this menu is really good. We both had the steak for main course and it was divine, so much so, I was unable to finish mine and on requesting if I could get a doggie bag, I was told it was no problem and it was wrapped up for me in no time.
The ambiance in this restaurant is really nice, it was nice and quiet when we were here which is what I love but it was just really comfortable and relaxing.
The staff are very professional and I was interested to know what the tapenade was made of and they got the information from the chef very quickly for me, the tapenade that comes with the bread is beautiful!!
The price for early bird menu is very reasonable also.
All in all, it was a lovely experience and would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and familiy.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tralee, Ireland
“Great surroundings & fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Went to the Stonehouse with 9 family members, including children. For the main course I had the lamb tagine... one of the best meals I have ever eaten! Everyone was very impressed with the quality and quantity of the food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. A+.

• Visited June 2014
Limerick, Ireland
“Too much going on”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Ate here twice, beautiful restaurant and good service but there is way too much going on in the menu from morrocan to Irish to Italian and a lot of the items dont marry together.Want to like this place but can't just yet.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
StonehouseTralee, Manager at The stonehouse, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hi Conor ... thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I appreciate your comments on the menu we have to offer. Since opening over a year ago we have tried and tested a variety of dishes and in doing so we have learned what appeals to our customers the most . While it is true there are a number of different cuisines on our menu from Morroccan to Italian and Irish, our aim is to provide a menu that caters for all tastes. We have narrowed our menu down based on what has proven been to be more popular with our customers. I do hope you will try us again as I dont like to see any customers leave disappointed.

Kind Regards,
Fiona R.
Restaurant Manager
Galway, Ireland
“Warm & inviting with brilliant service and quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a typically wet, dark Irish evening - it was warm and inviting and the menu presented something to everybody in our party.. Great selection - my monkfish was one of the finest I have ever eaten -it was wiled in parchment with a splendid selection of vegetables and potatoes included - the service was excellent. We left with a feeling of warmth and a longing to return on our next visit - wine lustrous and well priced!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much Mary for the lovely review of our restaurant . We like to keep a varied menu with daily specials at affordable prices in order to cater for everyone's needs. I am delighted you enjoyed the fresh Monkfish ... this is one of our most popular dishes on the menu. Thanks again for taking the time out to review us and hopefully we will see you dining with us again shortly.

Kind Regards,