“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 52 Tralee B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed for two nights during a local festival. It was easy to find and very comfortable. The girls that work there were lovely and so helpful. One even insisted on carrying my bag up to my room when I checked in. My room faced the street but it was quiet and had beautiful curtains that kept the room dark for sleeping. The bed was firm with loads of pillows and nice linens. There was a kettle with shortbread biccies, and the small telly had lots of channels. The shower was great with lots of hot water and the towels were lovely and soft. It felt as comfortable as home. The wifi was straight forward and quick throughout my stay.

Room Tip: There is no dedicated parking but there is (paid) on street parking directly in front of the hotel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. Comments from guests are so so helpful to us in showing us what is working for our customers and what needs to be changed.

Thank you for the comments about the decor, we do try to keep the place as classically orientated as possible to do justice to the period of the house but we are always conscious of maintaining 21st century standards.

As you stated about the lift, most Georgian building's don't have them because in the last ten years or so the planning and regulations governing protected buildings has become very limiting (although that's not a bad thing because it's about preservation) so as this house was a private home until recently no major structural work like putting in elevators is possible.

I hope that you enjoyed your stay in the Kingdom and we look forward to being in a position to welcome you back here again some time in the future.

Martin Bonner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Limerick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on Friday May 31st and could not have asked for more. The staff were lovely, the room was very nice. Only thing that could have been better was a bigger TV but for the price I couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views of The Park Georgian Guest House.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry I didn't get to meet you myself as I was away that weekend but I see that Annmarie and her staff looked after you well.

I just took the place over and opened it at the end of July 2012 so there are things that still need to be upgraded and yes the small television sets are amongst them, they are due to be replaced this year.

I hope you had a safe trip home and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Georgian some time in the future.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We recently stayed in the Park Georgian Hotel. After a days walking we wanted somewhere central and easy to walk to dinner/drinks in the evening. This B+B was certainly central, it was right in the centre of town so really good for that but parking could be problematic - we put it on a meter as we were leaving relatively early the next day but if you were staying longer you'd want to park somewhere cheaper.

Martin welcomed us and was such a good host. He was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. He told us about the local area, where to go and what to do and gave us some tips for the rest of our trip and time in Tralee.

The B+B is a beautiful building, very grand and had a warm, friendly atmosphere. The reception is just the front hallway and there are no communal areas but our room was large so that was fine. The only thing I would say is that the bathroom was tiny and needed some modernisation. You could barely move in the shower it was so small and there was some water damage through the tiles in the shower area which was a bit off-putting. The room was so large the bathroom could have been extended. Also the wardrobe rail/shelf was inconveniently placed right by the bathroom door, every time we walked out we would have to duck to miss our heads on it!

Apart from that, the room was clean and warm, if basic (ie no clock on the wall/a tiny tv) but Martin's welcome and the breakfast make up for everything else. His food was great, the breakfast was the best we had - a selection of homemade bread, jams, cheese and hams with fruit too then a cooked breakfast of your choice. Large portion sizes and the offer of refills of juice and hot beverages.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your views of The Park Georgian Guest House.

I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the breakfast to be of such a high quality, we do try very hard to ensure that as much of our products as possible are home made and locally sourced as I do feel it makes a big difference.

I do agree with your points about the bathrooms and the wardrobe space. I took the place over in July/August of last year and we did not have time to redo the bathrooms but that is a number one priority this winter, also the wardrobe and dressing table furniture is going to be replaced with items more suiting the style and age of the house.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Ireland and that you had a safe trip home.

Donegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We recently spent our 1st Anniversary in the Park Georgian Guest House and have to say it was 'A real Treat' On our arrival we were greeted by Martin & Ann Marie who were so pleasant & helpful, the ambiance of this beautiful house meets you as you enter the welcoming hallway and continues throughout, the decoration is so warm and inviting, We would highly recommend the Park Georgian for everything it has to offer including its central location and we will be revisiting it very shortly! Thanks Ann Marie & Martin for making our Anniversary so memorable, Donna & John

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences of the Park Georgian Guest House. I am delighted that Annmarie and myself were able to be of some help to you and that you enjoyed the hospitality here.

I very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Tralee and to the Park Georgian in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My mom and I recently stayed one night on our way north from the Ring of Kerry up to Doolin. I admit that Tralee was just a convenient stopping point and I hadn't read much to make me excited for the town but we both felt it was a really cute small city and we loved the Park Georgian. Martin was super helpful and responsive in getting things arranged before hand and while he was unable to be there during our stay his staff were all very helpful. The house is a beautiful typical Georgian. The room was large, clean, and modern - more of a hotel size than B&B sized. Good bathroom too. We asked for a recommendation for a place for dinner and they pointed us down the street to Darcys where the owner will always take a Park Georgian guest even if it's packed. This dinner was DIVINE (see that review). Breakfast was good and the location right smack in the center couldn't be beat. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of The Park Georgian Guest House (and D'Arcy's Restaurant which is one of my own favourite places to eat)

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here. I am only sorry that I wasn't here to meet you myself but am happy that Annmarie was so helpful to you.

I hope that you and your mother enjoyed the rest of your stay in the country and I hope you had a good trip home.

Donegal, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights with a friend, at The Park Georgian. From arrival to Departure it was First Class all the way. Ann-Marie on Reception was Courteous and Efficient. Our large room was Tastefully Decorated and Included Lots of Home Comforts. With Manager Martin and Assistant Ann-Marie going the extra mile to ensure our needs were met, we had a most pleasing stay. (We enjoyed some very Fine Dining locally, on Martin's Recommendation's).The Central Location makes it the ideal spot to check out Tralee Town. The Breakfast was 'A Gastronomic Experience', with Fresh Homemade Bread and Jams,and no rigid rules about time. We Loved everything about The Park Georgian, and it's very Pleasant Staff. We will Certainly return in future. I would Recommend this establishment Most Highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your views of the Park Georgian Guest House.

I am so glad that myself and Annmarie were able to make your stay so comfortable and that you enjoyed the accommodation and breakfast options.

I hope that we will be in a position to welcome you back to Tralee and to the Park Georgian at some stage in the future.

Donegal Town, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

On arrival we got a warm greeting by Martin and Annmarie we were asked if we had a good journey and if we got parked ok. We were shown our room which was like something out of an interior decorator magazine.
The room had everything we needed and after unpacking we decided to explore our surroundings. When we arrived down at reception we enquired where were the best places to go to eat and go out, we were given directions to every where we wanted and they suggested a few other places for us to check out during the day. The breakfast was excellent nothing was too much trouble and fresh tea and coffee was offered without having to ask when we had eaten. I honestly could not fault our stay except for the weather, but sure it is Ireland after all!
I will definatly be back and a huge thank you to the staff for their warm welcome and helpfulness you made our weekend see you all very soon I hope

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. It is always so good and so helpful to have feedback from our guests.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the accommodations and breakfast options so appealing.

I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back some time in the future.

Martin Bonner

Been to The Park Georgian Guest House? Share your experiences!