“Spacious family friendly hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Meadowlands Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oakpark, Tralee, Ireland   |
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Tralee
Dublin
“Spacious family friendly hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Called in late with tired kids and the friendly staff rescued the weekend break. Great service, great breakfast and excellent staff. Very child friendly. Great pub with nice music. Next time I will be here in time.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Meadowlands2014, Director of Sales at Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to review the Meadowlands Hotel and for your lovely compliments about our staff and child friendly hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and do hope you will return for a longer break with your family!
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here on a work trip a few weeks ago. Since I have been back to Ireland to Cork, Shannon and Dublin and not one of the other hotels come close to this one. At each hotel we used the function room for training to about 60 plus people each day. At the meadowland the attention to detail was fantastic and the staff here did everything to make sure the day ran smooth. The room I stayed in was very large and very clean the on-suite with Whirl pool bath separate shower and two sinks was a nice to have to unwind after a long day. The hotel has a restaurant and a bar area with it own menu. I choose to just eat in the bar both nights. One night had the steak which was so nice I had to put it as my Facebook status as it was the best steak I have ever had. The seconded night I had the seafood platter as I was told the owner of the hotel was also a fisherman. This was very clear when you tasted the quality and freshness of the fish. Nice people, amazing food great hotel. Would with out a doubt stay here with the family. P,s thanks for the loafs of soda bread the wife loved it as much as I did.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Meadowlands2014, Guest Relations Manager at Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
As a family run hotel we strive to provide a quality and friend business and leisure service to our guests. We appreciate your amazing review as we very much enjoyed accommodating your group. Thank you for your compliments. We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Meadowlands Hotel.
County Meath, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

we stayed for 1 night during the stop off in tralee.. fab hotel with v friendly and helpful staff.
THANK YOU so much to the management for their substantial donation to The Friends of St Lukes Charity fund...
We also spotted some celebs enjoying the fab hotel bar..
KERRYMAN JOKE... A man asked the barman" Is that the Bomber Liston in the bar??
The barman replyed in his strong kerry accent...."Ahh nooo thats actually Alan Quinlan"!! We laughed all night.. so funny...as he was serious... mr quinlan was also there..2 sound fellas who gladly posed for photos..
we will stay longer next time..
jenny

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Meadowlands2014, Director of Sales at Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Jenny,
Thank-you very much for taking the time to review the Meadowlands. We were delighted to accommodate you while assisting in the fundraising for such a worthy cause. We wish you the best in your fundraising efforts and do hope you will visit us at the Meadowlands in the near future!!
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Walking down the hallway of the Meadowlands hotel I found myself feeling a wonderful sense of peace and calm. Ahead of me was a glowing fire that said "Welcome!" in it's warmth. On the hall table the beautiful aroma of fresh flowers lifted my spirits and the smiles and genuine warmth of the staff made me feel that I was truly welcome here!
I have been using the Meadowlands Conference facilities and meeting rooms for over a year now and every experience has always been first class! My work matters to me so it is vital that the spirit, professionalism and ambience of any facility I use reflect my own ethos for providing a top notch service. Thank you to all the wonderful staff and to the owners Peggy and Paddy for everything you have done to make me feel so welcome! I highly recommend the Meadowlands! It's simply MAGICAL! Thank you for making business such a pleasure!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Meadowlands2014, Director of Sales at Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hi Sunny D,
Thank-you for such a glowing review. It is always a pleasure accommodating you for your meetings and events. It is lovely to be viewed as "Magical" . We look forward to continuing to work with you.
Heather Maciver
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Meadowlands Hotel is a really nice hotel. We were a party of six including a toddler, and we had a really good stay. The rooms are a lovely size and very clean. The food and service in the bar were excellent and the staff were very obliging and friendly. Would be happy to stay here again if I visit Tralee in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
thank you so much for choosing the Meadowlands Hotel. We are all delighted to read your review and thank you for your lovely comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have been to hotels all over the world and in my opinion this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and also the friendliest staff, the most amazing food and the homeliness of this hotel I would most definitely recommend it.Also a massive thanks to Áine who was amazing

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Meadowlands2014, Director of Sales at Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear John,
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review and your compliments of our staff and food! We are also happy to hear your mention of Aine who we are proud to have on our reception team! We hope you will return to stay with us in the near future!
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was booked into this hotel by j murphy and sons, me and two other colleagues were presenting conferences during the day ... we were looked after like kings !.. we could not want for anything at all.. the hospitality of this this hotel is second to none ,
the rooms are beautiful and this is not even the best bit !....you must go here and eat !!! OMG!! I had the steak here , this steak was the best steak I have ever eaten full stop, it melts in the mouth sooooo tender...(drools) the food portions were so good once I'd finished my meal I was like a balloon , again the staff are second to none, they could not be more polite and helpful , and the second day was the same I ate like a true champion , so much flavour in the food ....the last day we asked if we could have a loaf of their home made soda bread to take home :)... they were delighted to bake us some , and right now I have a few slices here in front of me whilst I type this up here ,home back in the UK Kent. I enjoyed my experience so much that my wife and I and the kids are 100% going to have a long weekend here.
Before I go I just want to say thank you to all the hotel staff at Meadowlands you guys made us feel at home and I will be back ,
thanks

Paul H

Room Tip: at for swimming pools I didn't look nor did I look for a fitness room ... I recommend the family...