“Fun day out.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kinsale, Ireland
“Fun day out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Took my 3 kids and my niece (13-5 yrs) here for my daughters birthday yesterday and they had a ball.We travelled up from Cork for the day and we weren't there more than an hour when my accident prone husband managed to hurt himself so he had to come out of the pool,which dissappointed the kids but Niall the duty manager very kindly gave us a complimentary family pass for another day so we are looking forward to going again.We spent about 4 hours there and felt it was well worth the money.
The only down side was the crazy golf course which we played too was littered with rubbish some of which were beer cans so that do with some attention but on a whole really enjoyed the pool.

Visited October 2012
Aqua D, Manager at Aqua Dome, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for visiting the Aqua Dome and thank you so much for your comments. I hope that your husband has made a full recovery. I apologise for the state of the Golf Course but I had explained to your husband that you were welcome to play free of charge but that it was not currently open to the public over the winter and had not been cleaned. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Níall.

• Polish first
14 attraction reviews
“Expenisve, dirty, cold...but kids had fun”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Aquadome needs a major revamp and clean up. We were there end of August 2012 and us adults were not impressed. Eur52.80 for a family is expensive....but we'd be willing to pay that if we got good entertainment. However, it's dirty, the changing rooms are tiny...almost impossible for an adult + child to manage....what do you do if you have two children?? Why can't they have family changing areas? The pool itself is ok but not too well supervised, I think. The young lifeguards who were being ignored by some of the patrons (!). It's very easy to get swept away in the rapids...I'd be very concerned for any child that isn't under their parent's supervision. I doubt any of the lifeguards could closely monitor these rapids. They day we were there it was very crammed. We wanted to go on the outdoor slide but it was closed (why?). We had to queue for ages (could be > 20min) to go on the other large slide....that's 20 minutes in wet togs on a freezing set of stairs...while looking at peeling paint, chipped tiles, etc. I think the Health & Safety Authority could do with paying this place a visit. Mind you....our kids loved it despite the grime.

Aqua D, Manager at Aqua Dome, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments and I'm glad your kids had fun in the Aqua Dome during their recent visit.

I regret that you found the admission prices high but prices are based on operating costs which unfortunately are very high. The Aqua Dome is operating only at a break-even scenario. There are always special offers available every month along with 20% discount for families and a further 50% discount when a 2 visit family ticket is purchased.

In relation to the family changing areas, the Aqua Dome converted several of its single cublicles to double cubicles to accommodate families.

With regard to pool safety the Aqua Dome provides approx 7 lifeguards on duty during the peak times and operates an under 8 year rule which states all under 8's must be accompanied by an adult at all times and wear armbands. This under 8 rule is in the interest of child safety (1 adult : 2 children under 8).

Cleaning schedules are maintained on a daily basis. During the busy months of June, July and August when there is peak traffic through the changing area, cleaning schedules are on-going.

I would like to thank you for visiting the Aqua Dome and hope you will return again another day.
cork
“Brilliant Family Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just back from a weekend in Killarney and stopped off at The AquaDome for a couple of hours. Staff were very friendly and helpful from the lady at reception, to lifeguards and catering staff. Neil the duty manager was there at all times to help out and answer any questions. Changing area and toilets were clean and user friendly. Needless to say we really enjoyed the pool, lazy river, whirlpool spa, (my fav) jaccuzi and my daughters favourite the flume slide. She also enjoyed the wave machine but the highlight was the rapid river. I must say everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves- parents and kids alike!!! Also a huge Thank You to Mags and Neil, who gave us a Family Pass for a fundraiser I'm organizing( when they heard the cause they were more than happy to help). So definitely worth the stop, a great family day out and great value for money.

Aqua D, Manager at Aqua Dome, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the Aqua Dome and I hope your fundraising went well :-).
Cornwall
“loved the river rapids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Happily passed a morning at aquadome in Tralee with an 8 year old boy. He loved the flume, river rapids and the waves. Was a bit cold for the flume that travels outside the building but it looked fun. Highly recommended, and to get best benefit, its worth being there early as it gets busier later in the day.

Aqua D, Manager at Aqua Dome, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the Aqua Dome.
London, England, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
“Kids Swimming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Children really enjoyed the Aquadome, The slides were really fun and whirlpool kept them entertained for ages. The facilities were very clean and place clearly looked after.

Aqua D, Manager at Aqua Dome, responded to this review, December 12, 2012