“Leisure ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tralee Central Hotel

Tralee Central Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tralee
Tralee Central Hotel
You added Tralee Central Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Maine St., Tralee, Ireland (Formerly Abbey Gate Hotel)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Tralee
Limerick
“Leisure ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While competing the cycle against suicide a fellow cyclist had booked into the Ashe hotel and decided to join her for Breakfast as they did a buffet breakfast for €15 and we had one of our longest toughest days ahead so a good breakfast was called for .
The service and treatment left this hotel down with a bang .
Table was not set correctly as we had to ask for milk and sugar , and as for the breakfast itself there were no yoghurt or no bananas available .
The porridge was inedible , it was so bad the waitress had to ask us what it was but apparently it was flavans porridge . I am just disappointed I didn't take a photo of the porridge
A fry up is not ideal for heading off on the bike but I did availed and ate the sausages and bacon which were lovely.
That was all ok until we went to pay and mentioned to the waitress that I was not 100% happy with the breakfast and felt it wasn't worth the €15 . With this she just walked off and returned with a gentleman who didn't even introduce himself but who I am now aware was the General Manager . His customer care skills certainly leave a lot to be desired as he was rude and abrupt and said that was the cost of the breakfast and that was it , I paid the €15 for a sub standard breakfast which not only left a bad taste in my mouth it left a bad bad impression of the hotel.
The rules of customer service are simple LISTEN to the customer , identify the main points , Thank the customer for bringing the complaint to your attention , solve the complaint .
All I wanted was acknowledgement that the breakfast was not up to standard instead I was made feel as if I was totally in the wrong and a cheap skate for brining it to their attention and that certainly was not my intent
Really really disappointed with the service it really let the hotel down with a bang

Stayed May 2015

1 review from our community

Been to Tralee Central Hotel? Share your experiences!