“Mixed feelings!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Tralee
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Mixed feelings!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great location, had a lovely meal and drink in the hotel and the staff in the hotel part were lovely, as they were on reception. Great price too! However, the room wasn't as clean as desired with someone else's hair in the bathroom and the bathroom a bit old and worn. I cut my foot on some worn out part of the shower and it was quite a deep cut. Also, I had an early bus to catch and breakfast was served late on Sunday's so I left an order for breakfast on my door the night before and thought I would treat myself with room service. However, breakfast never came and by the time I realised it wasn't coming, it was too late for me to have it in the restaurant, I had to leave to catch my bus. And there was my order still hanging on the door, it hadn't even been picked up. I was annoyed because I paid for breakfast and had to to travel all the way to Galway hungry. There were a few things that weren't up to standard, therefore would prevent me from going again, nor would I recommend.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have stayed in The Imperial on many occasions and I keep going back, because of location, friendly staff, comfort and value. I would highly recommend it as a good place to stay in Tralee. They have parking behind the hotel,which for me was an added bonus. The hotel is in the town, close to everything. Geraldine O'Brien

Room Tip: I like the front rooms, they have lovely big windows looking out on Denny Street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was on holiday with my family? And we traveled down to Kerry to visit. The drive from Derry took much longer than we thought, and so we decided to find a B&B for the night. When we failed to find one that looked half decent, we stumbled across this place. It was 10:45 pm, and they luckily had 2 rooms left. The service was fantastic, and we were immediately given help getting our bags from the car. We were even given a discount on the price of the rooms! The rooms were lovely, and the decor was lovely. The bar was our next stop (which we needed after our long journey) and the staff once again looked after us. We then has a fitful sleep in a very large comfortable bed. The next morning, breakfast was a made to order service, and was delicious! Check out wasn't until 12pm, so we were able to take our time and get ourselves ready to leave without rushing. This was a lovely stay that I would happily do again. I stop on a lot of hotels and this was one of the best.

Stayed June 2014
OliveSheehan1, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Amanda

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. It was well deserved after your long road trip!
We strive to ensure on a daily basis that guests feel at home while with us and I am glad this shone through for you. I have passed on your feedback to all the staff and thank you again for this review , trip advisor is a vital too in our industry and a review like this is invaluable.
I hope you enjoyed your time in Ireland and hope we might see you back at The Imperial some time soon.,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My great grand mothers moms sister was born here in tralee and So was my great grand mother So i had to come and visit it is really in the Center of the town and close to all major excursions clean very friendly Stay i have reccomended the imperial to my family in alabama and we will be returning

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
OliveSheehan1, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Bob

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us ., I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our constant goal is that all our guests leave happy.
It is great to hear as well that you would recommend us to other people , word of mouth is so important.
Sincere thanks again, I hope you enjoyed your time in Ireland and look forward to maybe welcoming you back again sometime in the future.
Traverse City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel was OK. There was nothing that made it very memorable in a good way. People were nice, however, and they allowed us to leave a day early, but, the parking was absolutely horrible. With the one-way traffic in town, and the narrow parking alley, it took nearly an hour to get checked-in and parked. Getting our luggage up into the room was a challenge, too, given the location of the parking, which was in the very rear of the building. Again, nice people, price was OK, but not a good location for us.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
OliveSheehan1, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Mr Sean D
Thank you for submitting your review on your stay with us.
It is with customer feed back we can learn and improve.
I am happy to hear that you found all the staff nice and were accomodating to you.
With regard to our parking situation , as you know we are a located in a very busy town centre, our location being a big plus for a lot of people as everything is within walking distance. We have a small car park at the rear of our hotel that is accessible through a laneway. We feel though that it is best to at least have this available to guests should they wish to park there rather than pay €1.20 an hour on the street. In an ideal world we would have a larger space for guests to park but our location in Tralees town centre unfortunately dictates otherwise..
Once again thank you for submitting your review , where possible we always try to improve in order to enhance a guests stay with us and feedback helps us do this.

If you are in the area again , I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back
Regards
kerry,ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

i have had reason to dine here twice recently through work and after the first visit i was more then happy to return. The food was some of the best i have ever had and the service was excellent. I live in tralee but had not been to the imperial for many years however i intend to visit more in the future as i am responsible for entertaining clients for work and i would feel very confident taking anyone here for a meal. keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
OliveSheehan1, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Hotelspy1

Thank you ever so much for your glowing review of your experience with us.I am delighted to hear such great feedback.
It is very satisfying to hear that you returned to us based on your previous experience and even more so that you would feel confident returning to entertain important clients..This is our daily goal that customers leave our hotel happy.
I will be passing on your feedback to all the staff. Trip advisor is a vital tool in gaining more business so thank you again for your positive review on here.
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here one night at the start of our hike around the Dingle Peninsula. The staff was friendly and welcoming and the room was clean and comfortable. The building is in the historic district and well-maintained. The hotel is a short walk from the train/bus station and is near the Kerry County Museum and the town park and rose garden. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the hotel restaurant at a very reasonable price. I had the baked salmon and my wife had the Cajun chicken salad and both were delicious.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!