“Counting the days til I can return!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leebrook, Tralee, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Tralee
Wexford, Ireland
“Counting the days til I can return!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Firstly I have to say that this was not a planned weekend away. We received a voucher for 3 nights B&B and one dinner for a ridiculously low price when we bought a new washing machine!!! As it happened to be my husband's birthday, we booked this hotel on an impulse.
Well, what a great impulse. Everything was excellent about this hotel. Every single member of staff that we had anything to do with was polite and helpful. Our bedroom was quiet and comfortable and 'attended' to twice a day: the last time with a chocolate and a statement on a card to make you think.
The inclusive dinner that we had was delicious and as our son and his girlfriend joined us at this meal I know what such a dinner would have cost had it not been part of our package.
The spa was clean and the staff very welcoming. Lovely to sit in a hot tub outside when the temperature is actually quite cold.
The hotel is within walking distance of Ballyseedy Wood and is a delightful walk amongst really old trees.
If I had one, tiny complaint it would be about the breakfast on our third and last morning. On the other mornings our cooked breakfast was prepared to order and was delicious. Our last night two coaches had arrived and were breakfasted and gone before we were at breakfast, but it was a buffet style and quite honestly not the freshest tasting.
A very small gripe about what was overall a most enjoyable stay.
Thank you to everyone at Ballygarry House

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Just returned from a midweek break at Ballygarry House Hotel with my husband. We could not find a single fault with this hotel. Every single member of staff we encountered were friendly and could not do enough to make your stay more enjoyble. It is such a cosy hotel but at the same time, the staff give you privacy. Bar is lovely, food in restaurant and bar are top class, breakfast homely yet great choice. The Spa is one of the best I have been in, both decor and staff, our treatments were amazing and the staff again so friendly and made you feel so welcome compared to some of the bigger spas I have been to. You cannot help but relax in this hotel and they have so many nice little touches like turndown includes a chocolate with a bookmark. If you want a few days of pure relaxation, excellent food, friendly staff then this is the place. We cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Fourth time to visit this wonderful hotel and Nadur Spa. The superior double rooms are very comfortable, food is excellent, staff are friendly and spa staff are extremely professional and talented! Would recommend this hotel for couples who want to get away from it all and enjoy a quiet, relaxing few nights. Well done for keeping standards high.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Just back from a short trip to Ballygarry and can't wait to return. Went on a spa break to treat myself and I have to say it was perfection from start to finish. Check in was fast and efficient. The room allocated was excellent. TV, DVD player, Stereo system...........it would be hard to beat the comfort. The bathroom was spacious and spotlessly clean.

However, it was my trip to the spa that was the crowning part of the trip. Just one thing there is no pool but to be honest it made no difference to my trip.

The staff were just so friendly, professional and efficient. Other spas could take a leaf out of how customers are treated at Nadur. Aoife, Claire and Miriam are all great ambassadors for Nadur and Ballygarry!!! My treatment was excellent and the relaxation room was bliss at dusk.

Food was first class ........Breakfast was good and the staff were most helpful. The food in the bar was superb. However, I felt that the bar could do with extra staff ............It seems a very busy spot and having sampled the food I can see why!!!

On leaving, checkout was efficient and everyone was so helpful.

Overall, I would recommend Ballygarry to anyone...........In terms of customer service and quality, Ballygarry is a top class hotel. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I recently stayed in Ballygarry and can honestly say it is onr of the nicest places I've stayed in, I genuinely could no find fault with this hotel. Food was superb, spa experience was glorious, staff were so nice, room was lovely and spacious (decor was a tad old fashioned but it was still ok. The spa was possibly the nicest I've ever been in and I would recommend this hotel to anyone,

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

We went to a wedding at the Ballgarry and I can tell you that this is one of the best hotels I have ever been to. I have stayed at a lot of hotels for both business and leisure around the world and the Ballygarry sets the benchmark for service. The food was superb in every aspect and I had a well cooked steak for the main course. The rooms and bathrooms are very spacious. The hotel is so clean with staff all over the place making sure everything is attended to. The hotel grounds are well taken care of and there is ample parking. The restaurant is excellant and there is a very nice bar. The Nadue Spa is simply amazing and a real treat. The hotel is four star but is better than any five star I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Co. Kerry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Stayed recently with my best friend for a spa day/night. Paid E150 for 1 night Bed, Breakfast & Dinner plus a 45 minute treatment in the spa and full use of the spa facilities to include outdoor hot tub. Fantastic value. Food was just gorgeous, ate both in the bar and restaurant. Service was great but staff in the lovely restaurant were just rushing about the whole time so not very relaxing and not enough time between courses. There was a wedding there the day we booked in so it was hectic at reception with only one poor frazzled receptionist on duty so we couldn't check in when we arrived but were quite happy to go into the bar for lunch as our treatment wasn't booked until 3. Our room was lovely, very big with a very spacious bathroom and robes and slippers for the spa. The staff in the spa were just lovely, in particular Bridget, and the treatment rooms were very relaxing and dimly lit. The relaxation room was really nice but would have been so much better is that was also dimly lit as a big glass window overlooked a garden where people could walk past. After my teatment I got offered the usual herbal teas but also I was offered a smoothie or a cup of tea or coffee which was nice with a few chocolate mints on the side of my cup! Situation wise its ideal if you don't want to move outside the hotel but if you want to go shopping in Tralee you'll have to drive as its alittle distance away from the town but much closer to Manor Shopping Park. Overall a lovely stay and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!