FOUR STARS AND RISING
We had a two night stay recently because we were guests at a wedding and the reception was held in Ballygarry House. As Tralee is a long way from our home base we decided to stay in the hotel the night before the wedding as well as the night of the wedding. It was a great decision!
Ballygarry House is simply outstanding – from the staff at reception, to the staff at the bar, the waiting staff in the restaurants and dining room and the domestic staff – we were met with genuine warmth and hospitality. The staff impressed at every turn – this is a well drilled team – what better ambassadors could a hotel have.
On the first night we decided that we were two tired to go to the Dining Room for a formal meal and instead opted to eat in the bar. The menu was excellent with sufficient choice to meet any demands – to call it bar-food would be to do it a disservice. This was casual dining but with first class quality food. We knew very quickly that we were onto a winner.
Our rooms (we were a party of six occupying four rooms) were excellent: spacious, stylish, well serviced and very comfortable. The showers were excellent and the attention to detail was everything (and more) than you would expect from a Four Star hotel.
The breakfast was buffet style but with extremely helpful and attentive waiting staff. The cooked breakfast was very adequate, the brown bread was wonderful the croissants as good as I have ever tasted in an Irish hotel. Overall it was a very good breakfast experience – the additional options of mushrooms / baked beans and/or potato-cakes would have made the cooked breakfast superb. But the hot food provided was cooked to perfection and was extremely tasty.
As guests at a wedding I have to admit I have NEVER experienced such a well-run event. From the drinks reception to the meal itself – everything was done with military precision. The skill with which orders were taken and service was delivered was a joy to behold. Ballygarry House is an Irish hotel which really has its act together – congratulations and a thousand thanks to all concerned. I feel I can recommend it to anyone safe in the knowledge that they will too will have a great hotel experience and from the moment of their arrival they will be in the skilled hands of true professionals.
The grounds are beautiful as is the nearby Ballyseedy Woods (which are well worth walking through) and its convenience to Tralee make it really special. We didn't get to sample the hot-tub or spa but given the quality of everything else I have no doubt they are excellent.
Whenever the opportunity arises I will be more than happy to return to Ballygarry House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Ballygarry House Hotel in Tralee Co. Kerry has been in the same family for over 50 years & owner Padraig McGillicuddy knows how to make you feel at home. The hotel's warm interior offers plenty of corners to hide away with a good book to indulge in afternoon tea, and Brooks restaurant serves modern Irish cuisine using the best of local Kerry produce This Kerry Hotel provides visitors with the perfect base to explore Kerry with plenty of attractions and activities nearby. No visit to Ballygarry Hotel Tralee is complete without a visit to Nadur Spa which offers traditional Irish Seaweed Soaks as well as hot tub, thermal suite & rejuvenating mud wraps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygarry House Hotel And Spa
- Ballygarry House Hotel Tralee
- Ballygarry Hotel Tralee