I'm shamefully late in writing this review - we actually stayed at the Ballygarry for our honeymoon in March 2010, and perhaps judging by the number of other great reviews it has, this one is not entirely necessary, however, I'll write it anyway.
Firstly, when we stayed there (and I don't know if it has since changed) the Ballygarry was officially a 4-star hotel. I don't say this lightly, but it easily deserves five stars, much more so than the alleged 5-star we later stayed in in Cork (avoid the Hayfield Manor at all costs).
At the Ballygarry, we were given the biggest hotel room I have ever stayed in. It was clean and comfortable and I could not fault it in any way. The hotel staff were absolutely superb, and made us feel like really valued customers. On one occasion, one of the bar staff lit the fire for us in a private lounge and brought our wine through so we could have a bit more privacy.
The food was delicious, though I must say (and this would be my only criticism, if you could call it that) the portions were absolutely enormous. My husband and I have huge appetities but often found ourselves defeated half way through the main course.
The spa in the hotel was fantastic. We went in early March and were lucky enough to have the spa to ourselves for the vast majority of our stay. Bizarrely, we got five days of glorious sunshine, and I have to say, there are few moments of my life which measure up to sitting in the outdoor hot-tub on a chilly but sunny evening and watching the sunset.
A belated thank you to the Ballygarry for giving us such a wonderful honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Ballygarry House Hotel in Tralee Co. Kerry has been in the same family for over 50 years & owner Padraig McGillicuddy knows how to make you feel at home. The hotel's warm interior offers plenty of corners to hide away with a good book to indulge in afternoon tea, and Brooks restaurant serves modern Irish cuisine using the best of local Kerry produce This Kerry Hotel provides visitors with the perfect base to explore Kerry with plenty of attractions and activities nearby. No visit to Ballygarry Hotel Tralee is complete without a visit to Nadur Spa which offers traditional Irish Seaweed Soaks as well as hot tub, thermal suite & rejuvenating mud wraps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygarry House Hotel Tralee
- Ballygarry House Hotel And Spa
- Ballygarry Hotel Tralee