“Little gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just five minutes from the town centre, IL Pomo D’Oro restaurant brings a taste of the Mediterranean to Tralee. With a wide variety of dishes to choose from, we specialise in home made pastas, risottos, pizza, and all our sauces are prepared daily from the freshest and finest ingredients. You’ll also find fish, beef and lamb on the menu, sourced locally, but prepared with an irresistible Italian flavour. Our wide range of Italian and world wines provide the perfect compliment to which ever dish you choose.If you believe that dessert is the best part of the meal, then Il Pomo d’Oro will not disappoint. combined with the rich smooth flavour of our freshly ground Franck coffee, it’s the perfect end to any meal.Il Pomo d’oro offers an Early Bird menu every day with great value specials at weekends.
Cork, Ireland
“Little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were getting dinner in Tralee and came across this little place. We got the early bird menu prices at €14.50. This was for a starter, main and a tea/coffee or else a choice to add a glass of wine for an extra €2.50. All I can say is WOW! I was really impressed. The food was so fresh and refreshing. We got the Italian sausage and Caprese salad for starters. They were both so good. I order caprese salad a lot while I am away and this was by far the nicest and most fresh I have had. For mains we had the chicken and I had the salmon spaggetti, this was in a white wine sauce with sun dried tomatoes and I wanted to force myself to finish the plate it was so nice! The place had a really nice atmosphere and there were people coming and going to eat which was really nice to see. We were so impressed with this place that we will without a doubt be back very soon!

• Visited December 2012

“Lovely place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've been with my husband a couple of times in tralee and every time I come now I can't leave without stoping and having a meal at -il pomo d'oro-
I just love the place, it's so cozy , the waitresses are so friendly, And what's most important the food is just Delicious !!! I had pollo di Parma and my husband had Duck , just gorgeous ! I would recommend to anybody , as it is for me I will go anytime I'm in Tralee ! Best of luck !!!!!!!!!

Paris, France
“Good food at an even better price...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Dined at your restaurant last night with some friends, I must say it was an outstanding meal served by most efficient and courteous staff...Excellent Wine List also with a wide variety of Wines from around the world.. I would thoroughly recommend it and will deffinatly return again real soon....

• Visited November 2012
dublin
“unpretentious restaurant - excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was recommended by friends, who we took for lunch. They had had great experiences there before, and I must say we were not disappointed. The food is excellent - freshly cooked and with fresh ingredients. It has a real Italian flavour, the staff are very friendly and the prices are reasonable. Because we were having lunch, we didn't get to try any of the wines, so can't comment on this aspect of the menu. However, we'll be back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Real food in a real restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have just spent a coupleofdays in Tralee as I was accompanying my wife who was having her tonsils removed in the Bon secour hospital there.
I stayed at the Brandon , which whilst good value was average at best. Anyway,
Whilst waiting for my good lady to get the all clear, I went in search of a good lunch meal with a book and a few hours to kill.
Il Pomo Doro struck me and was delighted to find a warm casual friendly atmosphere with locals and and a few business types., and a feel of a restaurant in a much warmer climate.
I had the prawn risotto which was absolutely excellent and put me in mindof one I had had in a back street bar in Venice . Wonderfully el dente.
Followed by an expresso or two. The service was absolutely excellent and wonderfully warm.
It is run by a husband and wife team who really understand the principals of restaurants are based not in lengthy menus of poor standards and stereotype looks but flavour, culture, friendship and skill.
I can't rate this place highly enough, thank you and good luck. You deserve continued success.