“disappointed with staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Benners Hotel

Benners Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tralee
Benners Hotel
You added Benners Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castle Street, Tralee, Ireland   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Tralee
Abbeyleix, Ireland
“disappointed with staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Hotel looks good and inviting. Had lunch there yesterday 13.06.12 which had good taste & presentation. Down side was staff member who was not friendly, careless with hot tea, and refused to accept any debit or credit card for payment and we failed to see any signs displaying this information before we ordered any food.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Palermo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel is very good. Rooms were clean ,tidy and perfect for all our needs..it is in centre ,we walk to museum and lovely park just behind our hotel. Car park is small but cars are safe and secure..staff were very helpful and gave us good advice about ring of Kerry etc.
The bar area is very nice,modern but friendly..food also perfect.
In the morning staff for breakfast very cheerful. Plenty of food on offer plus coffee n toast..
All In all Benners was a good choice for us. Very good value for money.thanks for good stay.

Room Tip: rooms at back are quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed in Benners for three nights over the June Bank Holiday 2012.
It has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.
Firstly on entering the room I noted that it was in serious need of a lick of paint. There were stains all over one of the walls. Also, the plugs and light switches were either upside down, or didn’t leave enough room between the plug and dresser to plug anything in. I knew the hotel was booked out as we were in Tralee for a very big wedding, therefore knew there was no point in trying to get another room (although I imagine they could all do with some paint)

On our last night in the hotel, having been at a barbeque to celebrate a friends wedding, we arrived back late at night. We were left standing outside in the rain waiting on someone to answer the door. On entering the reception, there were at least 10 members of burly staff/security (very intimidating) in the reception area. Makes me think why we were left waiting outside for so long..but besides that..when we tried our key card in the room door, it didn’t work (it didn’t work all weekend). So my partner had to go back to reception to get the key set back up. On his arrival in reception he was jeered, abused and even cursed at by the security guards. Their behaviour was disgusting and intimidating. I was advised the following morning to send an email of the issue as opposed to letting me speak with the manager.
I would not recommend any one stay in this hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed over on a Saturday night. This is quite a good, basic 3 star hotel. The best feature is its location - on the main street and just 5 minutes walk from the train/bus station. Unfortunately, this location also means that outside noise can be a problem, especially on a busy weekend night.

The room itself was good. There were nice touches, such as an ironing board and tea/coffee facilities. Staff were nice, particularly at breakfast which was nicely served. The cereals, tinned fruit etc were fine. The cooked breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My sister and I visited this hotel on 5/24/12-5/25/12 as it was part of our Trafalgar Budget tour of the UK. The hotel is in a nice area with plenty of restaurants, pubs, and shopping. Our room was very clean with very nice decor. I think we had a double bed and a twin bed (three people can really share this room). The beds were fairly comfortable. There was enough space for us to walk around comfortable (we had two large suitcases and also two carry-ons). The bathroom had a nice tub and complimentary shampoo and liquid soap. The tv was a nice and worked properly. There was a hairdryer and also extral towels, pillows, and blankets.The hotel offered a nice English/Irish breakfast with a good selection of food. The hotel is in a safe area and we felt comfortable walking around in the evening.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I never write reviews but this place has pushed me to !! .... I stayed here on a saturday night. The nightclub is so loud I could not sleep. I complained and they could not change my room - not that it would make a difference as I was on the 3rd floor and could hear screaming and the words of the songs it was so loud. It did not stop until 2.30am! The next morning when I was checking out I met with the bar manager and the receptionist to complain and both were aggressive (they did appologise afterwards but it was a bit late) the first thing the manager said to me what 'I am busy I don't have time to deal with this' ? They then went on to say that I was lying saying they told us in the booking there would be loud noise until 2.30 - they obviously didn't as if I knew that I would not have stayed there. They were so aggressive my heart was thumping, and the reception was full of people watching. Awful experience. Also a couple before were just complaining saying the doormen were very intimidating during the night.!

There was not hot breakfast either when I went down.

Do not stay here if you want to sleep.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Night club/bar so loud the walls shook.
No one in the hotel cared, why would they? Even the night porter had 2 pints on the go.
Disgrace to the Hotel industry.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Benners Hotel? Share your experiences!