“Outstanding in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Ballycasheen, Killarney, Ireland   |
Ranked #15 of 141 Killarney B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baton Rouge, La
“Outstanding in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Comfortable beds, attractive and spotlessly clean surroundings, excellent food-- factor in a friendly and knowledgeable hostess who was quick to offer advice and maps. Easy access to Dingle Peninsula and to Ring of Kerry, on the very edge of Killarney National Park. Loved the area, loved the place-- hard to imagine a more ideal set-up for touring the beautiful Kerry region.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

We stayed three days at Shraheen House and it was by far ....by SO far the best hotel experience we had in Ireland. We stayed in Ireland two weeks, stayed in several B&Bs and hotels and Maureen's home was the best. The room was the largest and the quality the best we experienced during our stay in Ireland. The food was exemplary. Her baking just the best. She puts out a breakfest menu ( the most extensive we experienced ) the evening before and it is ready ready for you when you sit down in the morning. I can't say enough about Shraheen House. READ my previous reviews please! I am A TOUGH CRITIC. I will slam a bad hotel/guest house if it is deserving, but the other less than exeplary reviews are wrong. They haven't stayed in enough other B&Bs in Ireland is what I expect. The internet complaint ...wrong.. there's a little card in reception which states the internet connection is protected, you must use the password provided on the card. I had no problem with the high speed connection. I emailed notes home and pictures and emailed the next B&B to confirm my reservation no problem. Maureen provided a call for pickup for tours, a taxi when needed and most important fresh baked blackberry muffins ( picked from her garden the day before) in the morning. Her baking was the best of our trip. When we return to Ireland we will schedule a stay at Shraheen House for sure. It is about a 25 minute walk to town center ( we walked it to and from ) Or an 8E taxi ride but the home is QUIET repeat quiet and the grounds are beautiful about 2+ acres and off the main road. Ay questios please email me for a personal recommendation I would be happy to acommodate.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Lovely home with a warm welcome. Best B&Bof our trip.
WiFi available
Highly recommend if staying in the Killarney area

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Strasbourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

We spent 2 nights in Shraheen House. The house is very nice, with a large veranda and sitting room. The bedrooms are fine, the beds as well and the bathrooms very suitable. Breakfast is great with wide choice and cooked with art.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Kent, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

We stayed with Maureen for two nights and wish we had planned our journey to stay longer. Upon arrival Maureen made us feel very welcome in her beautiful home. The rooms are tastefully decorated, large and spotless and the ensuite, squeeky clean. The breakfasts Maureen served were beautifully presented and tasted wonderful and in particular the delicious home made breads - a selection of scones, soda/yogart bread and fruit bread. It was better than a 5 star hotel! I cannot rate Shraheen House enough - everything was pristine and Maureen was so helpful and informative. The location is ideally based for Killarney National Park and is close to the Town as well as being situated in very pleasant and peaceful gardens. Thank you Maureen for making our stay so pleasant, we shall certainly be back if we're able to visit Killarney again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

Seven of us recently had the pleasure of staying at the Shraheen House and what an excellent choice we made!

Our gracious hostess Maureen, gave us a warm welcome and a generous serve of Irish hospitality.She was always willing to answer any queries or offer any help if required.

The location is ideal ....peaceful and quiet while being an easy drive to the Killarney town centre.

The guesthouse offers good size bedrooms and bathrooms, comfortable and clean with a beautiful ambiance.
The sun drenched conservatory and lounge rooms provided comfortable areas in which to relax after adventurous days exploring the peninsulas.
Loved the book exchange idea Maureen...take one and leave one

The superb breakfasts offering choices, quality and quantity were magnificent.
The various home baked breads and scones were enjoyed by all.

Overall a top quality guesthouse and we highly recommend it if you are planning to stay in Killarney

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

While I was able to make a last minute reservation, my room was adequate, the setting is picturesque, and the value was good – honestly I'll personally not stay here again. This was not entirely a holiday for me; I had work that needed to be done in the evenings and selected this home because it offered internet connectivity. I tried logging in from my room, my coffee area, the sitting room, the foyer, and even in the entry by the pamphlet display; the advertised Wifi is none-existent. In fact, my laptop could "see" the server but I could only log in long enough to see a list of e-mails I had received and then the system would disconnect. I was never on long enough to open or read my messages, and certainly not long enough to respond to any of them. The home-cooked breakfast was my favorite; probably one of the best of anywhere I’ve stayed but the host/hostess never had even 3 minutes to interact with me and/or make me feel welcome – I had the feeling that I was a bother rather than a guest.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to Shraheen House? Share your experiences!