“Superb stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Wales UK
“Superb stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Enjoyed our stay, sampled a few in Killarney over the years, all been good but this one was extra special even though no parking facilities on site. Good breakfast and room was 5 star!! We will be back that's for sure. Diols hymn fair I chi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Planned on staying four nights as I was in the area for a running competition and it's much easier to stay in one place than move from hotel to hotel. The evening I arrived the wireless internet would not work in my room and had to sit in the lobby area while trying to communicate with those back home via video chat, not very private to say the least. Room was not swept as previous guests receipts and wrappers were laying on floor near bed. Bathroom counters were not wiped down and very dusty on shelf behind toilet, spots of mildew in tub along with other guests hair that I wiped away before using. Bed not so comfortable. Room was a bit stuffy so left a window open overnight (as happens very often in Ireland) only to be awoke at 5 a.m. by the staff preparing breakfast in the kitchen below me. They too must have had their window open ...loud voices and presumably every pot and pan in the kitchen was clanked. Could hear even with it closed. As I mentioned, was in the area for a race and this was unacceptable as that and my jet lag required good sleep. When I attempted to check out I was advised that the cancellation policy was one of 72 hours and I would be responsible for the rest of the charges of my reservation. While I was retrieving my bags to leave I attempted to make a few phones calls only to find that there was no service in my room. As I officially checked out, bags packed and by my side, only then was I offered a different room. Rather last minute but I guess I should lower my expectation to at least they tried. I was refunded two of my nights charges but not the third which I still do not agree with and have had to pursue through my credit card company. As I mentioned in the title, disappointed to say the least as I have had many other lovely stays in Ireland and intend to have many more, just not here.

Room Tip: Ask and avoid the rooms above the kitchen/dining area...bring a dust cloth and a sponge
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
doolin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I have just returned from a truly wonderful stay at this hotel, so centrally located, extremely comfortable and wonderful staff to take care of your every need,

We brought our dog along with us and it was so nice to have him stay with us at the hotel,

I highly recommend the Fairview for a family break in Killarney,
Susan and Paul and Family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just back from an eight night stay at the FAIRVIEW, KILLARNEY. What a superb boutique bed and breakfast, its more like a five star Hotel. James, Shelley and their wonderful staff cant do enough for you. Rooms are superb and breakfast to die for. The Fairview is close to all amenities. I cannot wait to return next year.

Room Tip: Choose corner room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chantilly, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Location was great, room was comfortable and clean. The wifi was weak in the rooms; had to go to common area to ichat. The parking is offsite just up the street at a public parking area. The people checking us in were very nice. All and all, this is a good place to stay. Again, we chose not to purchase their breakfast and instead walked to a place near to eat for less than what was offered there.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay in. Very central to the town. Lovely rooms. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Ticks all the boxes. Well done to all

• Stayed October 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had two rooms for one night (14 Oct 2013). Arrived 3 hours prior to check in and Les was very accommodating. He stored our luggage for us and gave us very detailed instructions on what to visit while in the area (Muckross House & Gardens - nice cafeteria for lunch, Torc waterfall, Ladies View and Ross Castle). Upon our return he had several suggestions for dining. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Breakfast in the morning was great - suggest going before 0900 when it gets busy. If you drive in you can unload in one of the few short-term parking spots in front of the hotel; parking is a two minute walk up from the hotel. Les gave good advice on how to get your best value for parking since it is only free parking between certain hours. If I were to visit again I would stay at the Fairview. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Fairview? Share your experiences!