“Great food, great value, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 148 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Vegetarian, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We work hard and strive together to make our customers happy.Live music 7 Nights a week
“Great food, great value, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner in the porterhouse recently & was very impressed with the food, device & overall experience. I had the chicken fajitas & my friend had the lamb cutlets they were both to die for. A special mention to Damien behind the bar who looked after us so well. We will be back. Keep up the great work

Kilkenny, Ireland
“Crab Claws to truly die for!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Ate here for a friends bday at the weekend. Table of 6 of us and it was a really enjoyable meal. The staff are fantastic, really friendly and know the menu from back to front. Really warm and cosy atmosphere too. I have never tasted crab claws like it in my life. Fat and juicy and just so tasty. I had the cajum salmon for dessert and it too was truly enjoyable. Would have no problem recommending The Porterhouse to anyone going through Killarney.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Limerick, Ireland
“we will return.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

we went to porterhouse last night with some friends, I loved the atmosphere, casual, cosy and comfortable. Old style inviting decor with character. I noticed the manager, Aidan(I think) spent alot of time visiting each table . to ensure everyone was happy. Our waitress, trish was efficient and friendly but more importantly the food arrived to alot of ohhhs and the presentation did as much to please us as the flavour.
The fillet steak is VERY large but worth it, I loved the tomatoes cooked in pesto, the whisky pepper sauce and crispy onion rings. but I did save room for the homemade banoffi pie, also worth the extra trip to the gym!
we will be back.....

• Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“FAB FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Visited the Porterhouse at the weekend, we managed to get a table late in the day even though it was nearly fully booked. Staff were very friendly and the food was fab. The atmosphere was electric. Our waitress was great as I am little a fussy with food and this didnt seem to phase her at all, she checked on us throughout our meal to make sure everything was ok. The manager Aidan had a chat with us at the table and again when we were leaving . The Porterhouse is definitley on my list for the next time I visit Killarney.

• Visited January 2013
ireland
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Good food great service. Very busy and good atmosphere. Worth a visit - 25 euro for starter main dessert with a very large glass of wine

• 4 of 5 stars Food