“Great but a few bits need sorting” 4 of 5 stars

Dromhall Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Muckross Road, Killarney, Ireland   |
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
“Great but a few bits need sorting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010 via mobile

Still here now, everyone very friendly. Spa great, food was fab my issue here is the standerd of the cleaning it's just not up to scratch it's my no means mega dirty nothing near but as an example there is carpet in the lift which was dirty when we arrived and the same 24 hours later, the bathroom needs to be grouted properly as it makes the bath area look dirty even though it's not, it's not a 4 star a good 3, I'd come back no problem I just feel with a hint more effort this place could be so much more

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
Southlake, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We had been to Killarney a couple time before but we never crazy about where we stayed until this place. We were traveling with our children aged 16, 13, 11, and 6 and needed two rooms at a reasonable price. Went inside and priced about 10 hotels before the Dromhall. The Holiday Inn about a block down the street wanted almost the same price for rooms that smelled like an ashtry. The Dromhall is an older but well maintained, elegant hotel. We had two non-smoking rooms. They had free wifi in the lobby which we appreciated and breakfast was included (as with many hotels in Ireland, but with 6 of us, it can be a big expense). It was lovely inside and within walking distance to the downtown area, but more reasonably priced than many less elegant hotels that are right in the middle of downtown. Has a leisure center with a lovely indoor pool. We ate from the bar menu --the fajitas were surprisingly yummy (as Texans we are finicky about our fajitas) and breakfast was included and great.
The staff was very helpful, especially Lucien at the front desk. Lovely man, helpful, courteous, and had good sense of humor. He made several calls for my husband and I when we checked out, to hotels in the next town helping us to locate a suitable hotel for the us and our 4 kids and helped us negotiate the price for the rooms. Above and beyond. When we go back to Killarney, I know where we are staying. (Dromhall Hotel).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I really enjoyed, my stay at the Dromhall hotel in Killarney. The room was decorated nicely and had a realxed atmosphere. There was a swimming pool and spa there but we didnt try them out. What i liked best was the staff were so friendly and helpful. i would recommend this hotel to everybody who is looking for somewhere to stay in Killarney.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed in the Dromhall during 9 day trip in Ireland. It was clean, good sized rooms and had very accommodating staff. I would definitely recommend the Dromhall to any Killarney travelers

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I had booked a two night stay in this hotel with my girlfriend but after the first night we had to check out! There was a very large wedding on on the hotel when we arrived and without asking whether we were at the wedding the hotel gave us a room directly above the ball room. We could hear the music all night! The room was a good size, however, it was very dated and the walls were in dire need of a coat of paint, the bathroom was filthy as well and our toilet did not flush.

At 7:00 am we were woken up by the sound of furniture being dragged around the place, in setting up the room for breakfast they were shouting and dragging furniture each and every way. When I rang to ask what the noise was, I was told that it was just people checking out, I told the woman it had been going on for an hour, but she told me it was only going on for 10 minutes. The noise continued and I rang again, the same unhelpful member of staff answered and I then spoke to the manager who told me that he would walk the floors to establish what the issue was.

The noise continued and at this point we decided to check out. The only positive of the hotel is its manager. He was very apologetic and extremely understanding. I would not recommend that hotel to a soul and I hope that the manger moves to a hotel more suiting to his abilities.

This hotel was overpriced and is definitely not a 4*, it delivered 2* performance and a 2* room, romantic weekend ruined!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Co. Louth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Our Active Retirement Group of 30 had a wonderful week. Service was excellent.
Staff most efficient. Accommodation was very good. Our group was very pleased and want to return. First class Hotel, I can recommend it to any age person.

• Stayed May 2010
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

My husband & I stayed here on the 6th June which was the day of the Kerry v Cork match and also the night before the Bank Holiday Monday and the Bike Fest - so town was very busy. The hotel was very easy to find and in a perfect location that is walking distance from town but not too near so there is no noise from the pubs.
The lady on reception was very helpful and friendly. Also My husband was having some problems with locking the car door - as it was a hire car and not central locking - now in Ireland you dont really need to lock your car but with it being in town and a busy weekend there are alot of people there that are not locals, so its better to be safe rather than sorry! One of the lads from the hotel went out to help him - no luck - another lad still no luck then another man came out to help and just took one look it and had it locked - what a great service at 1130pm on a Sunday night 3 hotel staff out to help us lock our car!

The room was lovely very spacious and a great view. All clean and tidy. Breakfast was very nice also, buffet style for juices, cereal, fruit and bread and then the choice of a full irish fry up or other options.

The same lady checked us out as we had been there less than8 hours!

There is also a bar, a spa, swimming pool, steam room and sauna, which we did not get round to using but I have used on a trip last year when staying at their Sister hotel next door - Randles - had a lovely facial - great place to relax!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dromhall Hotel? Share your experiences!