“matched our needs” 4 of 5 stars

31 New Street, Killarney, Ireland   |
Cobh, Ireland
“matched our needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

last week we went to a concert in Killarney and we were looking for a place to stay over night. I dont feel very comfortable in small bed & breakfasts and I didnt want to spend much money for a hotel room. just before Christmas I was looking for a cheap stay.

I booked a private double room with breakfast.
I have stayed in Paddys Palace before and I know what I can expect of a hostel. a hostel is no hotel so I expect a bed and a bathroom. I found both in there :D so it mached my needs.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, again the room was clean, enough space, the bed comfi enough, the heating worked which was important as it was a very cold night,
the location is perfect......

if you are looking for a high quality accomodation, do not book a hostel, if you expect hostel quality then you will be happy with this Paddys Palace.

just make sure you bring a towel, or be prepared to rent one for 1 Euro.

I would stay again

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

After having missed our bus connection in Limerick, my friend and I were waiting for the next bus knowing that we would arrive late in Killarney. I tried to call NINE TIMES before someone finally answered. I explained the problem and the hostess just told me "Actually, no, you can't arrive after eight. You have to find another place to stay." and basically hung up on me. I understand that check-in times have to be respected but I have never met yet a receptionist less helpful than this one. Not a word about other places where we could stay (it was almost 8pm), not even a sorry. In the end we did not go to Killarney.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Colombo, Sri Lanka
2,000 helpful votes 2,000 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Stayed in a 10 bed dorm room. Plenty of room and had two en suite bathrooms. The heating was a bit wonky, which was a problem but otherwise the room was great. Basic breakfast, which was more than adequate. Found it a bit odd that the reception is on the first floor. This is probably why the front door is left open during the day.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Chiba, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

The staff at the hostel were very fun, and even helpful with the cooking in a pinch! The rooms are simple but clean, and the bathrooms were also very well maintained. The location is right next to a supermarket and the national forest preserve, which made it easy to save money on food and entertainment!

Room Tip: The bathroom assigned to room 1 is quite clean, but the there aren't many outlets.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

There was only one outlet in the room (for 10, I think), but there was a power strip attached so personally I never had an issue charging my electronics. I was in the room on the ground floor that does not have an ensuit, and the closest toilet/shower was on the first floor (second level), but it wasn't a big deal and even when the hostel was full, I did not have a problem using the toilet or shower ever of my four nights there. The only down side to the first level room is being able to hear the front door slam late at night, but for 9 euros a night, it wasn't a big deal for me. Breakfast was fine, the location was great, the staff is super friendly and accommodating. Will recommend to family and friends!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Kočevje
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Really good place in Killarney. Clean room, you get also breakfast. I get all informations from very friendly personal. Near is big grocery store. Paddy can't disappoint you. Let's stay like that in future.

• Stayed August 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm with my Paddy Wagon group (only 9 of us in the room) - the room was HUGE with 2 ensuite bathrooms. No storage lockers in the rooms. I couldn't get WiFi anywhere except next to the router but my friends were able to get a little bit of signal in the room and in the kitchen/breakfast room. Included breakfast was good, standard cereal/toast/coffee/tea.

Location was spectacular - just a few steps to the main street and to lots of other attractions like the Killarney National Park.

Security was great, there is a night porter who not only lets you in after 11pm but also confirms who you are and that you are not trying to sneak in or something shady. Felt very safe. Hostel was clean enough but I wish the showers would drain better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Paddy's Palace? Share your experiences!