“Clean & Well-Kept” 5 of 5 stars

Bishop's Lane | New Street, Killarney, Ireland   |
Saint John, Canada
“Clean & Well-Kept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed for 1 night in a 6 bed mixed dorm, and it was very spacious. We had 2 bunk beds and 2 single beds, and an en suite bathroom. The beds were comfortable and the room was large enough to accommodate all of us and a few others staying at the hostel. Hostel staff were friendly and welcoming as well! It's down a side street/alley next to a chicken/burger take-out place, and super close to all bars, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

A reasonable comfortable hostel which is very well located, close to supermarkets and restaurants as well as the entrance to the National Park. The rooms are not too large and kitchen is more utilitarian than large. But overall, its decent place for staying a night or so.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Centrally located in the town, rooms were clean as was wash room. Kitchen area and lounge were fine, friendly staff. It was pretty much what I expected. Shower drains weren't taking water away quick enough and the bathroom area got a bit flooded with several showers on the go. More toilets would be good too, but would stay again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ahmedabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

we asked for budget accommodation and got suits and double bed on ground floor. No steps to climb. Kitchen and dinning were large, clean and inviting. The staff was very friendly and helping. That day was cold and rainy. We asked for extra blanket and we got them also started heater for us. Good thing is individual heaters made easy for us to adjust to our comfort. When we came wet in the hostel, staff offered us to dry our clothes in dryer. The hostel was very clean and nice. It is in a alley but very centrally located. The town got award of cleanest town and all citizens were helping to keep it clean. I like it and worth my money and safety when only ladies traveling.

Room Tip: take room on ground floor, only 4 rooms are there.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I rented a room for myself, which ended up being a bunk and a bed, but this was fine. Cheap and right in the middle of town, a little hard to find in a back alley but it is a small town. The door was hard to close and made a big slam whenever I came and left, sorry neighbors! Private attached bathroom was decent, had to get my own towl from downstairs. Common room is cozy with couches that are falling apart and which you can sink through to the springs on the right spot. Wifi in common area only. Breakfast area decent with cheap breakfast food. Friendly staff and well run.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Cork
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed here with some friends (we booked into the 8 bed dorm ensuite) for a Saturday night. The room and facilities cannot be faulted and it was nice to have a coffee in the morning, however, I was quite annoyed with the fact that we had to produce a cash deposit on top of paying for the room in advance (I appreciate the need for a deposit so I offered my laser card no. but they insisted on a cash deposit). Be warned there is a 3 am curfew if you stay here... although considering the fact that you need to check out by 10am the curfew at least guarantees some sleep!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here on our Shamrocker tour, and i had a private room. It was small with a double bed / single bunk bed on top, and even though I'm short I kept hitting my head on the low alcove ceiling getting when getting stuff out of my bag! I had a private bathroom which was clean and functional, although I had trouble getting a balanced shower temperature and scalded myself a little.

It was comfortable though, no wifi in the rooms but free wifi downstairs and a basic breakfast.

No complaints, just cheap and average but good location with cheerful staff.

Room Tip: Try not to get a corner alcove room and knock your head repeatedly!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Neptunes Hostel? Share your experiences!