“excellent hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Killarney Royal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   College Street, Killarney, Ireland   |
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
LIMERICK
“excellent hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hotel and its staff makes this boutique hotel an excellent place to stay in Killarney. Catherine Maura and Nicola who are in reception go above and beyond the call of duty to help and advice visitors as to what to do while visiting KIllarney. As i have said in previous reviews about the bedrooms they are are so large and comfortable. Breakfasts cooked freshly.My husband and myself ate in the bistro for the 3 nights. Again this bistro is graced with its excellent staff namely Billy Mike and Dayna They will answer any question or again advise on dishes. They seem to just love what they are working at as this comes across in their personalitys. But then they rarely have to listen to cmplaints about the food as the hotels CHEF is in the royal for 27 years so that speaks for itself Compliments to you and congratulations. Brian the manager oversees everything in his own quiet way .John comes in everynight for night duty at 11 o'clock .This hotel consists of one big happy family who love what they work at.Thank You for a great stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear MEABH10,

It is with pleasure I read your wonderful review. I am delighted you both, once again experienced the kindness and hospitality of all my staff. I will certainly pass on those lovely comments to each and every one of them. I rely on all customer feed-back at all times to help us maintain standards to ensure you our 'Guests' receive warmth, hospitality and service during your stay.
Again, Many Thanks you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

Brian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Spent 3 days in Killarney. It was quiet as it was the beginning of winter. The Killarney Royal was a perfect base. On the edge of downtown so mostly away from the fray, though it did get a little loud on friday night. The room was beautiful and the bathroom large and luxurious. Nice lobby and bar for a drink after dinner. Had dinner there one night and it was very good. Overall the staff in both the hotel and the bar/restaurant were great. Would definitely recommend the Killarney Royal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear subienj,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to read. I am heartened to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in Killarney Royal. I will certainly pass on your great comments about all our Staff. We do rely on all customer feed-back to help us continue improve our services to all our Customers. Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our door in the future.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a Great hotel as its situated 2 mins walk from train station and ideal for pubs, clubs and shopping. They have a fantastic bar food menu and serves to 9pm. very friendly staff throughout hotel freom once we checked in till we checked out

Dear MartinaD95

Thank you for posting such a lovely review. It is always a pleasure to read how much our Guests enjoy their stay. Also, I am delighted to know you enjoyed our food in our Bar/Bistro.
We do rely on customer feed back to help us maintain standards to ensure our Guests leave with wonderful memories of the Killarney Royal.
I do hope to welcome you back through our doors in the future.

kerry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

we stayed overnight in killarney and stayed in this hotel. it is just on the edge of the town about a 5 minute walk. the staff at this hotel are very pleasent and helpfull. we had the evening meal with a wide range of fish ,meat and chicken dishes on the menu. there was 8 of us at the table (family) and no one had a bad word to say about their food. the rooms at the killarney royal are at a very high class ,very clean and lots of space. a great idea that the royal have come up with is there is a putter a golf ball and a putting machine in all bedrooms ,who ever came up with that idea should get a medal, (something for the man to do while herself is in the bathroom putting on the makeup)... great staff,great hotel and great food.. will be going back this summer.... also may i add the cost for bed and breakfast with evening meal was only 129 EURO for 2... great value

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear flah27,

Thank you for taking time to post such a lovely review. I am heartened to know how much you enjoyed your stay and especially the golf putter. Also, I am pleased to know you and your family enjoyed your meal in our Candle Room Restaurant.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have been having lunch in this hotel for many years and we have never been disappointed with our lunch and the service we have got by Margaret and Eveyln nothing is ever too much for them always a smile food always very good I have had food in the bar and restaurant and have never to complain I have also had tea and scones by the fire wonderful I have sent many of my friends for dinner and to stay there they as we'll we not disappointed all I can say is it is well worth a visit and someday I will definitely stay there .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DonnchaCork,

Thank you very much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read. I am delighted to know our Food lives up to your expectations. I do rely on Customer feed-back to help maintain standards. Also, Thank you for the lovely comments about Margaret & Evelyn, I will certainly pass on your kind words

Regards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited ireland and had a great stay for 3 nights magnificent meals and evenings in the elegant bar of the royal hotel ,billy the manager that night was highly welcoming and a gentleman at what he does would recommend anyone from all parts of the world to visit the royal and have a laugh with billy while he delivers a high level of expertise in the hospitality trade !!!

• Stayed November 2012
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Mikedehne,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read.
I am heartened to know you enjoyed all aspects of your stay in the Royal, and my Staff especially, Billy who is such a valued member on my team excelled your expectations.
I will pass on your lovely comments to all my team, and maybe, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Regards
Co. Clare
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently purchased a voucher on Living social which specified availability on all 7 nights of the week. On my attempt to book I was informed that the hotel had reached their quota for Saturday nights and refused to take my booking. After numerous attempts to explain the validity of my voucher for any night it was suggested that I look for a refund as they would not take my booking.
Very poor organisation and customer service. I'm sure I am not the only person who has run into this problem.

Dear Noel-Emma,

I was very disappointed to read your review. It is very unfortunate that you were unable to avail of this exceptional offer as it sold-out very quickly, and unfortunately the remaining dates were not suitable to you.
The Killarney Royal do offer some very competitive rates throughout the year, hopefully you will get an opportunity to avail of them and visit Killarney in the future.

Brian

Been to Killarney Royal? Share your experiences!