“Great quality fresh fish” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 148 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish, British, Fish & Chips
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Tucked away on New Street in Killarney Quinlans Seafood Bar may be one of the most satisfying dining experiences around. Quinlan's is unique in Ireland as it serves Fresh Fish and Shellfish from its own boats, landed daily in County Kerry. Quinlan's Killarney and Quinlans Tralee) tempt diners with fresh seasonal fish and seafood in a casually elegant setting. Fresh Hake, Cod, Haddock, Whiting and Plaice,from Dingle bay are available throughout the year and each day a range of specials depending on what and has been landed that morning is available. If you love your seafood you must visit us to sample the best and freshest Fish and Chips, shellfish specials and 'the catch of the day'. We also do take away (order by phone) and courier delivery of smoked salmon and fresh fish (from our website). All trip advisor customers can avail of specials by quoting the TRIPADVOR1 voucher code.
York, United Kingdom
“Great quality fresh fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We walked on spec and had superb fish. My wife had battered Cod and I had unbattered Dover Sole - both excellent.

I thoroughly recommend to anyone who loves good fish and chips.

One thing - no alcohol licence.

Visited June 2013
Hello phidibbsy,
Thank you for your review.
Glad to see you enjoyed your experience with us.
Regards,

Cahersiveen
“fish heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant last Tuesday with my husband and daughter. it was truly excellent all round.
I ordered the panfried John dory, which was fantastic, three beautiful small plump fillets arrived with chips and a large salad. The freshness of the fish and the cooking to perfection, made this one of the best meals i have every had, and at a price of €15.95 this was truly exceptional value for money.
My husband had prawns, again beautifully cooked and plenty of them, my daughter had the fish gougons which was cod on the day and they were delicious.
We had a very pleasant waiter by the naming of Jason looking after us and made us feel very welcome. Overall the service, atmosphere, food and value for money were outstanding and this a must stop if vising the town of Killarney

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hello andrewcahersiveen,
Thank you for your kind review.
John Dorey is one of our best sellers and is fantastic value,
Thank you also for your kind comments Jason makes everybody welcome.
Dublin, OH
“Best squids "calamary" ever in Ireland so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for FRESH, catch of the day seafood, don't look any further. The setting suggests a fast-food quality fish& chips, but it is safe to say that you will not find this quality seafood for these prices any where else. The fried wild squids are second to none.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hello Abuyousuf,
Thank you for posting your review.
Our Squid takes some beating even if I say it myself.
Don't forget to have it with our own homemade chilli jam.
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Lucky Spur Of The Moment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Four of us American tourists were looking for a place for lunch and picked Quilans. Thank goodness we made that choice! Best fish and chips I have ever had. If I could cook fish like I had, I would have it often. Do you share your recipe? All of us agreed it was one of the best meals we had in our two week tour. Peggy and friends

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LIAM Q Q, Owner at Quinlans Seafood Bar, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello peggy s,
Our recipie is easy THE FRESHEST FISH AND OTHER FREST INGREDIENTS.
Glad you enjoyed your visit.
Regards,
London, United Kingdom
“Seafood heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in Killarney as part of our 4-day tour in Southwest Ireland, and the manager at our hostel recommended Quinlans when we asked her where to get good seafood. The whole menu is all about seafood, and the only thing my vegetarian friend could find was a salad and chips, which fortunately worked out for her as she didn't want to eat much that night. I had a Dingle Bay seafood chowder and a pan-fried sea bass fillet which came with a salad. It was simply divine!!! The chowder was one of the best I had tasted during my trip to Ireland, and the sea bass was really succulent, fresh and well, just as fresh as seafood should be! Our neighbouring tables were having fish and chips, and the look of the fish was definitely something to yearn for! Good value for money, no doubt!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LIAM Q Q, Owner at Quinlans Seafood Bar, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello Thien Trang N,
Thank you for your fantastic review we really appreciate that you took the time.
You chose well as our SEAFOOD CHOWDER is a big seller and is fantastic value.
Sea Bass is also a good light alternative to fried fish.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Irelands south west.