“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 65 Activities in Killarney
Type: Farms, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Great for children, this farm has a collection of animals that youngsters can interact with.
pembroke
37 attraction reviews
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is definitely a low key attraction.Very nice to see animals wandering around but so few! The whole place is shabby and quite run down. Large signs tell you to wash your hands if you have handled the animals,at other places this sign is next to a hand washing facilities here you have to search out a sink, again very shabby and not very hygenic. The day before our visit we had paid 35euro to visit another attraction and were there all day and could have stayed longer, at the Pet Farm we paid 32euro and the children couldn't wait to leave after twenty minutes. Very disappointing.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Day Out!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

After visiting Killarney for 12 years, I can't believe we haven't been here before!!! We visited with my sister and 2 boys (5 and 7). On first glance we weren't expecting much, but we were sooooo wrong. The staff were so, so friendly and having the animals roaming around free around you was amazing. During our visit with lasted about 3, 3.5 hours ( would have been longer if it had been a bit warmer!) we got to hold puppies, rabbits, baby goats and bottle feed some lambs. You can touch all the animals, getting into pens and cages. With a wooden play area for children to run around in, which is indoors. If it is a nice day I urge you to take a picnic, to make the most of the day. Cannot recommend enough.

Dublin, Ireland
8 attraction reviews
“Lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Loved this place. I was afraid we'd be the only people without kids there - but gladly we weren't :) such a great chance to unleash the animal lovers and kids in us! All of the animals were so sweet and friendly, and lovely to cuddle :) We spent about 3 hours there, however the place isn't huge, and I would say some might only spend an hour, depending on the person I guess. I must say it was one of the best experiences with animals I've ever had, you could walk into their pens and just sit with them, and others were just roaming around freely. I'd highly recommend!!

Reno, Nevada
“This place is a treat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently visited Ireland in the beautiful springtime. My teenager kept saying throughout our trip that she wished she could get close to and/or touch the new lambs in the fields we saw everywhere. I saw a flyer for this at our hotel and it was the last excursion of our trip. It was a wonderful treat. Even though I'm 45 and my teen is 15, I'm sure we enjoyed ourselves more than the little children. We held lambs, kids, puppies and kittens. There were baby deer and calves rubbing up to us and all the animals were relaxed and cuddly. The parent animals were friendly and not protective at all. It was a blast. We truly enjoyed ourselves.

3 attraction reviews
“Loved the farm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Excellent family fun! The kids had a blast interacting with animals such as goats, deer, lambs, rabbits, Guinnea pigs, puppies, a kitten, chickens and even a one day old lamb. Luckily we happen to go at the beginning of Spring and timed it perfect for the babies. The owners were great! Very friendly and made sure we had a great time. The whole Killarney area was great and the Kennedy farm just made it perfect. Do yourself a favor and stop by!

Visited March 2014