“Lovely place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Sligo, Ireland
“Lovely place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We were just passing though Killarney on a day trip and just came across this place and needed something to eat so we went in. Very nice pub and old style pub and nice atmosphere and the food was lovely and very tasty and not dear either. Staff friendly and welcoming. Glad we came across it.

• Stayed February 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had to pay upfront, which was kind of surprising. The key to the door is like an old fashioned skeleton key, and will require lots of time and patience to actually maneuver it around in the key hole. The rooms are nothing special. When I called to ask about internet access, they gave me a password that didn't work. When I called back, the lady on the phone was extremely rude, and basically said for me to leave if I don't like the way she's doing things. Well, that's exactly what I did. I packed up my bags and wheeled them to the Killarney Royal Hotel down the street, and had a wonderful experience there. Stay away from the Failte though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We eat here on the 27th Oct .Seafood chowder was of the highest Quality.Followed by the t bone steak which left me struggling to finish,and at 23 euro was reasonably priced.My wife wanted a sea food salad which was not on the menu,but the propreitor arranged for a selection of different seafood with a side salad which was huge and my wife struggled to finish it.Overall a plesant dining experience with friendly staff and great atmosphereThank you all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere in this place is second to none, the bar is amazing with live music from 7.30 and the staff are out of dis world so friendly and fun. Dis is the place in killarney where all the locals make off i was told and i can't blame them, it really is a special place with special people. The rooms are cheap and cheerful couldn't fault. Can't wait for my next night out here.

• Stayed August 2012
Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Went to the Failte for some dinner last weekend and got 2 starters and 2 main courses and 2 minerals. The staff were really nice and chatty and gave recommendations when asked and the whole experience was good until we got to the paying part, €75.70 for 2 mains, 2 starters and 2 drinks now if it had been Gordan Ramsey making me the food I might understand it better but i thought that was dreadfully expensive. Such a shame too as the place was nice but i would not be willing to pay that again so I will not be going back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Washington, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Pub across the street sent us here, since they were no longer serving food. A recommendation is a good sign, I thought.

Nice atmosphere, when we walked in.

But we thought we should stick to basic pub food. Wife ordered a hamburger, then she made the mistake of asking for it to be cooked "medium." Cook doesn't do that, we were told. So she ordered soup and salad, which she was ended up being delighted with. I ordered wings. They came, and I was very dissapointed. Don't they have Frank's hot sauce in Ireland? These wings were spiced with mayonaise. At best. Can I have some blue cheese dressing? Sorry, we don't do that.

And, remember that nice atmosphere? The bus left about halfway through.

Room Tip: This is really about the restaurant that's under this hotel. But the restaurant is not recognize...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at the Failte for just one night and found the staff and family who own the Hotel extremely accomodating. The rooms were clean and well kept, the breakfast was great and the service was impeccable. The noise from the night club across the road can't be helped and is to be expected when you stay in the center of a busy town in Ireland, it is rather unfortunate that Killarney has a parking issue however I managed to park my van 10 minites walk away from the hotel for free. I can't wait to come back and would recomend any one of my friends to stay at the Failte. Thank you Eileen, Paudie, Valerie and Bernadette for making my stay so enjoyable.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Failte Hotel? Share your experiences!