“Only time has passed!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Tipperary, Ireland
“Only time has passed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I'd stated in this hotel for the first time in 2001, 12 years later on return the reception area has been very tastefully upgraded and gives it a really nice and modern feel to the hotel. That's where it ends, the rooms are exactly the same, very late 90's style. Big clunky tv, far below standard ensuite and generally very poor decor.

We where staying to attend a corporate function and one of my main issues was the soundproofing of the doors. As party revellers made there way to rooms at all hours, you where awakened on each occasion.

The view from out room on the 5th floor was amazing, onto the lake. You could sit for hours just taking it all in!

• Stayed April 2013
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction on your recent stay with us. We have in fact just completed renovations on 4 floors of bedrooms and have long term plans to continue with this refurbishment.

The lobby refurbishment was also one of our priorities also and are very happy with the finished result as it has a lovely feel to it now.

I am sorry that you were disturbed in your room with noise from other guests on this particular night. It was a corporate event and everyone in the hotel was also here attending this event which was a huge success. Just a shame that those who enjoyed themselves more so caused disturbances to you.

I hope this does not discourage you from returning to us one day in the future and I would be delighted to assist should you decide to give us a second chance. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will endeavor to ensure you have a more enjoyable stay next time.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just back from a weeks trip to Killarney yesterday but would return tomorrow, myself and my aunt had a great time, went to see Celtic Steps in the INEC which is part of the hotel 'mesmerising, first class' All staff (especially in dining room) couldnt be more helpful wish makes you feel special! We had our own area, (room) as there was so many to cater for. Went on Ulster Bus Tour, we were on (Sir Davy) Coach 2 of 7 which shows how popular Ulster Bus tours and Hotel are!!!! Entertainment, food, amenities, location, company we meet, all amazing, there is nothing I can fault, doesnt matter if your alone or with friends/family, this is my second visit, went alone the first time and wouldnt hesitate again. 5 stars all the way!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel have baloncies and views of mountains and deer, wasnt in one myself but wish...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your review on your recent stay with us.

The Celtic Steps show is very popular and everyone has been complimenting the show and is definitely not worth missing. Last week was indeed a big success with 7 Ulsterbus Coaches down from Belfast & Derry for the Irish Country Music Festival, especially about the gala dinner night on Thursday.

We received so much positive comments about the week and we are very grateful to you for sharing your feedback on this forum and delighted that you had had such an enjoyable week.

We hope you decide to return to us one day and should I be of any assistance in the future please contact me directly here at the Hotel.

Many Thanks

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Booked this hotel for my Boyfriend and I as we were attending a show at the INEC. After reading some of the reviews on trip adviser I was unsure about booking. However I decided to give it a go because of its location. I was so glad I did, I genuinely cannot think of anything bad so say about this Hotel. The room was fab, large, very clean and an excellent shower. We had dinner in hotel that night and it was lovely as was breakfast the next morning. We did have to wait a few mins to get seated but it is to be expected for the time we went for breakfast. I could not believe all the amenities they had at this hotel. We had intended to go into town after the show, but we ended up staying in the hotel because of the great atmosphere. I don’t understand how this hotel has such a poor rating on tripadvisor, I have stayed in many hotels in Killarney and too date this for me was the best. I will most definitely be returning here again!

Room Tip: I phone ahead and arranged an upgrade, payed an extra 10 euro and was well worth it
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for your honest and genuine review.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and these few lines really sums up our hotel…. So nice when people take the time to post their positive comments.
Thank you so much from all the team here at the Gleneagle we all appreciate it and hope you visit us again in the future.

Regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just back from 3night stay was not impressed with the family rooms in this hotel at all extremely small and very dated room compared to what you see online and for the price you pay.. Lovely pool and breakfast was lovely though

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guests

We are sorry we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion, perhaps our Self catering apartments would be more suited to your family. They are very spacious with 2 bedrooms and the option of cooking if required while still enjoying the facilities and entertainment in the Hotel. They are located just 2 minutes walk from the Hotel and are very popular with families.

If we can be of any assistance in the future to help make your stay more comfortable please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist.

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Last October I was heading on a birthday, surprise trip with my wife, and her two sisters for an Ulster Bus trip to the Ring of Kerry. Included in the tour package was 6 nights staying at the Gleneagles, Hotel Killarney, Half Board, and a full 6 nights of top Country n Western Singers, and dance bands, entertainment.
The food was very good, the staff very polite and helpful. The rooms were clean and, tidy.
The tour trips around the Dingle, and Kerry area were brilliant, and we got the best weather for viewing the landscape, and islands, off Dingle, and Kerry, all in all it was a lovely birthday surprise, in the company of Helena, my wife, and her two sisters, Cathy, and Colette, thanks for everyone that made it so special. Albert.

Room Tip: The rooms we had, overlooked the main road, which also had a good view of the landscape, and watchin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,

It’s so nice to read your review and hear that you really had a great time and you all enjoyed your week with us. The Ulsterbus breaks are fantastic and we love seeing them arrive here. This week we have the Irish Country Music Festival on again and we actually have 7 coaches from Ulsterbus here with us this week and it’s a fantastic atmosphere.

We hope you make it back to us again maybe in October again???
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and we sure hope you get back to see us soon.

Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I had 5 nights at the Gleneagle Hotel with a party from work. We were pleasantly surprised. The Hotel was comfortable and clean. The meals were amazing with a large choice. Their was entertainment every evening! Even though the entertainment laid on was not always to my or my husbands liking. On saying that we did go to see the show Celtic Steps which we both enjoyed immensely.

The views from the front of the hotel were also amazing with dear in the field just across the road. And mountains in the background.

We had many tours out and about. But right on the door step is Muckrosshouse and lakes and Ross Castle. Both deserving of a visit.

The only down side I have regarding the hotel is the heating.
Our room was extremely warm with no air. We kept the window wide open most of the time.
The corridors leading to different rooms were either hot or freezing. Due to this I believe a few of our party came down with coughs and colds.
Also I am not particularly tall but the bed sheet seemed short. When pulled up to my shoulders my feet came out the bottom. So the sheet had to remain low, only to be kept warm by the top cover.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GlenGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Gleneagle Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for all the positive comments you mentioned.

I am sorry you found some problems with the heating and the bed sheets, perhaps had to highlighted them to us during your stay we could have happily looked into these issues for you.
The Rooms at the front of the Hotel with the Balconies do indeed have an amazing view of the national park and mountains however I need to highlight these balcony rooms have a supplement of €10 per room per night, which most people who really want one are happy to pay.

Should you stay with us in the future please feel free to contact us with any issue no matter what as that’s what we are here for and will always be happy to help.

Hoddesdon, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently visited the Gleneagles Hotel with a large group of colleagues and friends for a weeks stay whilst exploring the area. The Hotel was better than expected in all areas. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the food was excellent and the rooms clean and spacious. A particlular thanks to the restuarant who produced some memorable food (Irish stew, mmmm!). Top waiter was Eke, for sorting out a 'sweet' course for a colleague who did not like the options available. Bravo sir.
Our request for tickets to see the Celtic Steps show at the neighbouring INEC was efficiently handled.
Best rooms are to the front of the Hotel overlooking the mountains, but I had a particularly nice room at the back of the hotel, which was very quiet. Great pool, squash courts, gym. We tried them all. Will deffinitely use the hotel again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guests.

On behalf of the team here at the Gleneagle we wish to thank you for your very generous review complimenting many areas and departments. It is our pleasure to always offer the best service we can and it very much appreciated when we receive positive feedback.
Hope we can be of assistance in the future and that you get to return soon again.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Gleneagle Hotel? Share your experiences!