“Wow, this a top Five Star Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Muckross, Killarney, Ireland   |
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
“Wow, this a top Five Star Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed one night in June, it was fantastic from start to end. The top service by well trained stuff, the scented towel to freshen after the journey while checking in, the rooms omg amazing, total five star class. The food and the excellence of the knowledge of the staff from starter, wine, main course to dessert was wonderful. The was amazing and the outdoor cedar wood hot amazing amongst the Yew trees. Just an amazing hotel and staff, without a doubt we will be back. Spotless and clean.

If you are an internet buff you will be given a code and there is lack of mobile reception, but hey you are in paradise -chill.

Room Tip: Everything amazing, and the best breakfast I have seen by far.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Cannot fault this hotel. Staff excellent, meal in restaurant to die for. Restaurant staff very knowledgeable. We had complimentary bikes so we took a leisurely ride through Muckross House. The bar staff where we had a pre dinner drink were really friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and found the staff friendly and competent. The deluxe room was very spacious and well cleaned every day, and had free wifi. We only ate breakfast in the hotel and it was absolutely amazing, both choice and quality! One night we had dinner in Molly Darcys and it was delicious in a more relaxed setting.
We found everyone very helpful and had a lovely treatment in the spa. The spa was first clas even without a treatment. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We booked a deluxe room which was spacious with a spacious bathroom.
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Had a quick one night stay in Muckross park hotel and everything was out of this world. We sampled most of what the hotel had to offer, the bar, spa and yew tree restaurant and all were superb. Would highly recommend a stay for couples.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Look, - I'm biased - it was my daughter's wedding and it would have been great if we had gone to the local "fish n chips". I was cynical about going to a so-called "5-star" hotel. My wife and I have stayed in many of them and are usually a bit underwhelmed by the arrogance and poor service.
This hotel is very different!
From the beginning they were fantastic! The wedding day organiser was Niall, who was attentive, courteous and absolutely geared to making the day very special. There was a food-tasting session involving our new in-laws and the bride and groom. The food choices were explained to us by focused staff and the quality exceeded our expectations.
For main course we opted for a choice of fillet steak (done to your taste) and monk-fish.
On the day, everyone got exactly what they requested - blue, rare, medium or well done! I have only experienced this quality of service in the very best restaurants and NEVER at a wedding dinner! Then things went even more exceptional when extra portions of fillet steak and monk-fish were offered to all, - irrespective of what they had initially ordered on the day. Think about that!.
My daughter and her partner availed of all kinds of extras including massage and hydrotherapy pool, which were described as "fantastic".
Most of the immediate families went for a walk the next day into Muckross Park and this is literally just across the road (50 meters from Reception!). I am fairly biased here also! Muckross Park is just about top of the ultimate bucket-list if you are from Ireland or, seriously, if you are from abroad, you are nuts if you do not treat yourself to some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet!
Magic, Magic Hotel experience.

Room Tip: Don't worry about it! All the rooms are great and I've seen about 5 of them including one...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't rate Muckross Park Hotel higher. I had an amazing stay here. Room was beautiful, dinner in the restaurant outstanding & the staff a credit to the hotel. Breakfast was fantastic. I didn't get to try the spa but I will return for that extra pleasure.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Co Clare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My first time at this hotel, staying in a standard room, and overall it was good. The Spa was very relaxing, offering an extremely professional service in an inviting atmosphere; the Yew tree restaurant is superb - good service, very good food, nice ambiance.... 'elegant' might be the word I'm looking for. The adjacent 'pub' - good spot for a sandwich, a pint, a nice coffee - good bar staff. So...why not 5 stars you're asking? - because of the sleep quality. Bed was hard/uncomfortable, but also the noise from people singing somewhere on the ground floor of the hotel at 4am or shouting in corridors (the blight of many a good hotel.... drunk wedding guests). Breakfast was also excellent with a fantastic range of food on offer. The duty manager, Joanne (I think), did speak with us at check-out - compensation isn't the issue, but affecting how your guests sleep is something the hotel absolutely can do something about. BUT... I will return to this hotel and give them a chance to collect that missing star.

Room Tip: Rooms facing onto the main road suffer from traffic noise - not bad, but it's there.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SeanODriscoll, Guest Relations Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us in your feedback and for contacting me with regards your feedback also.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and of your wonderful feedback regarding our staff and the service that they provided.

With that I am disappointed to hear that what had been a positive experience be interrupted by the noise you experienced on the night in question. I can assure you every care is taken when we do have a function to separate our leisure guests from our guests attending the specific functions so that no disturbance is caused. The night porters had reported extra disturbance on the night mentioned and did attempt to control the noise and the areas in which it was caused.

Thank you very much once again for bringing this matter to our attention and for deciding to stay with us again in the future, I will look forward to welcoming you back and I am sure you will have a relaxing and comfortable stay with us.

Many Kind Regards

Danny McClure
Guest Relations Manager
Muckross Park Hotel

Been to Muckross Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!