My first time at this hotel, staying in a standard room, and overall it was good. The Spa was very relaxing, offering an extremely professional service in an inviting atmosphere; the Yew tree restaurant is superb - good service, very good food, nice ambiance.... 'elegant' might be the word I'm looking for. The adjacent 'pub' - good spot for a sandwich, a pint, a nice coffee - good bar staff. So...why not 5 stars you're asking? - because of the sleep quality. Bed was hard/uncomfortable, but also the noise from people singing somewhere on the ground floor of the hotel at 4am or shouting in corridors (the blight of many a good hotel.... drunk wedding guests). Breakfast was also excellent with a fantastic range of food on offer. The duty manager, Joanne (I think), did speak with us at check-out - compensation isn't the issue, but affecting how your guests sleep is something the hotel absolutely can do something about. BUT... I will return to this hotel and give them a chance to collect that missing star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellence surrounded by beauty - Muckross Park Hotel & Spa is uniquely located in Killarney's majestic National Park with magnificent mountains and lakes close by. The hotel is home to the renowned Spa at Muckross. Elegant, luxurious guestrooms and suites, award winning Yew Tree Restaurant and Monk's Lounge. The hotel has superb guest services and makes for a truly memorable hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Muckross Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckross Park Hotel And Cloisters Spa
- Muckross Park Hotel & Cloisters Killarney