“Great Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
waterford
“Great Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family had a great stay in the holiday villas overlooking the lake .

Top class I would highly recommend the holiday homes if you have kids .

My only couple of negatives is you really need to get with the times & offer strong wifi throughout the hotel and in the holiday homes . Also you could do with new picnic benches in villa number 3 .

Adding a BBQ to the villas would take it to the next level .

All in all loved our stay we will defo be back next year :-)

Stayed August 2014
MarkBowe, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Ukgwilson,
I am delighted that you and your family had such a great holiday at the Castlerosse. I assure you we are working on improving the Wi-Fi and we can certainly get the picnic bench looked at.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Mark Bowe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Dublin. Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just came back from a weekend in one of the Golf Lodges of Castlerosse Hotel and holiday homes. I have to say, its one of the best holiday locations I've stayed in in Ireland and I've stayed in quite a few. The Golf Lodges are fantastic. Both en-suite bedrooms have plenty of room and are really comfortable. The lounge and kitchen are great too. The lounge has a patio door which leads out to a private veranda which has a seating area. What added to the whole experience was the amazing views out over the lakes with the beautiful mountains behind. The hotel itself is also great. Food was lovely and all the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We hired bikes from the hotel too for our two boys which I thought was a great added feature. All in all - its a great location and the houses are of a very high quality. Looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: The golf lodges are great if you are looking for great views
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dolly,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your weekend and that we could be part of one of your best! I will pass on your kind words to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Castlerosse in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Booked a family room (on line) 6 weeks in advance of trip, only to be told 2 days before when we rang hotel to confirm our booking, that all family rooms were booked up and that we would be put into a triple room with a fold out bed. The Hotel Manager told us over the phone that we would be put in a large double room with two full size single beds. These rooms are sometimes sold as family rooms and charged at family room rates. He apologized for the inconvenience but offered no discount or gesture of good will, as some Hotels would do when they have made the mistake of over Booking. Needless to say out holiday was dampened from the off.
When we arrived we got a triple room with a fold out bed, we had no choice but to stay as all other hotels in the area were booked out. Other than the hotel Killarney is a beautiful town and we would definitely go back but to a different hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get the room you have booked!
Dear David,
I am disappointed to read the complications regarding your reservation. We have a variety of room types and layouts. Just to clarify, a double room has 1 Double bed! These are never sold as a family room. Our family rooms vary from a Double and Single bed with some family rooms boasting 2 and even 3 single beds.
It is with regret that the next time you visit you may choose an alternative hotel, on the plus side I am glad you enjoyed Killarney.

Regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for six nights (July 1 - July 7) and had a great stay. This hotel is great place for families, couples or just anybody. The walk to the edge of the town (St. Mary's Cathedral) is about a 20 minute walk through a paved path through the beautiful Killarney National Park and about another 5 minutes to the main shopping and eating area of the town. If you do not mind the exercise, this is the hotel to be at. As other reviewers have said this hotel offers great views and the rooms in my opinion are decent and well kept. Most of the hotel staff here are very accommodating especially and warmest of them all was Eimear - she was very pleasant at all times. I was also amazed how the staff here multi-tasked - including one of the managers at night who helped in the bar, bought towels to our room and managed the front desk.
The bar staff were also very good too.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you want a change of pace, a nice place to relax. If you prefer not to walk to town you can always ask the front desk to get you a cab (about 10 euros going to town, 8 euros to return depending on traffic).

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake view have a better bathroom - nice counter space to accommodate a cosmetic bag - a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkBowe, Guest Relations Manager at Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Energyman,
Thank you very much for such a nice review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found time to relax and unwind. There are some many lovely walking paths in the area it is great you took time to appreciate the beauty of the National Park.
I will pass on you kind words to Eimear and the rest of the team, it is much appreciated.

We would live to welcome you back to Killarney and the Castlerosse in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just home after a wks stay in The Cottages...overall we were very pleased ,my daughter has asthma so we were delighted with the airiness of the cottage abeit very dated,extremely comfortable beds and lovely fresh bed linen,the kitchen was very well equipped for self catering...we all enjoyed the pool and tennis courts/playground...we only ate once in the bar and found the food menu disappointing,very limited in choice after 6pm...Then theres the issue of Wifi ,or lack of it,we knew we wouldn't have any signal in the cottages but were happy with to use it in the bar/lobby areas,but it was useless,the kids couldn't use their ipods ,we couldn't search local emenities,so many things we take for granted.... I did speak to a manager this morning and he explained that the hotel had increased the Wifi recently to include hotel bedrooms but it had made the issue worse....but again we did have a great stay,lovely staff,beautiful location and a great nights sleep..

Dear Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Castlerosse. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that it suited your daughter. I spoke to you myself regarding the Wi-Fi and I do apologise about the speed and consistency, we are working with our service provider and hope to have the issue solved shortly.

We would love to welcome you back to the Castlerosse in the future.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I recently dined twice in this hotel and the food is amazing. The surroundings are beautiful with a nice view of Killarney's lake and mountains. I also played on the golf course and finished with a quick swim in the pool. All in all it was a very pleasant experience and very reasonably priced. Although I haven't stayed in the hotel or the self-catering houses yet, based on my experience of the food, golf and overall ambience I would recommend this hotel complex. I don't have any vested interest in the business or know anyone involved in it

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Donal,

Thank you for reviewing your time at the Castlerosse. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time here from the food, golf and swimming pool. It seems you had a nice relaxing time and were able to recharge the batteries and take in the wonderful setting.

We would look forward to welcoming you back to the Castlerosse again.

Blarney, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a 3 day stay in a family room which was a suite, with a great view of the mountains. . we dined 3 nights and the food and service every night was very good with the added views of lake it was very enjoyable setting . All the family agreed that it was a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: rooms with a view
Dear John,

Thank you for your taking time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your 3 night break.

We would love to welcome you back to the Castlerosse in the future.

Mark Bowe

Been to Castlerosse Hotel & Holiday Homes? Share your experiences!