“Cosy & Luxurious” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
“Cosy & Luxurious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Courtesy of Railtours Ireland, I stayed over night in The International Hotel. This was my first time to stay at this hotel. Overall I really enjoyed the stay, my room was quite comfortable, cosy and with a nice shower and huge double bed. I was glad I brought my own body wash as there was body wash or soap in the bathroom! I had a gorgeous breakfast and the staff were very much on the ball with the service with no delay. The ladies at the reception were also friendly. All in all I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
AMCollins, Front Office Manager at International Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear StokesCity,
Thank you for taking the time to review us so favourably, it is much appreciated - we work closely with Railtours and look after a lot of their guests and of course we are always glad to hear back from happy customers!
I hope you enjoyed your time in Killarney and your Railtours trip and hope to see you back again at another time.
Anne Marie Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Greek first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Our third stay in 3 years here at the International Hotel in Killarney to celebrate my 30th birthday.
Our room was beautiful, spacious and even included a Jacuzzi bath! We were left a lovely bottle of wine welcoming us back for our third stay with a lovely note attached to it.
The view from the room wasn’t the best, but for the time we spent in the room we weren’t at all bothered, plus the Jacuzzi bath and powerful shower more than made up for it!
Breakfast at the hotel is always a highlight for us, so much choice and wonderful service. The fruit scones are to die for and the full Irish is a must!
The hotel is ideally placed in the heart of Killarney, so after our days spent exploring the Irish countryside in our hire car, we would drop into the hotels bar 'Hannigans' for a swift drink and a warm by the large roaring log fire.
In the evenings, there are plenty or traditional Irish pubs again with lovely log fires and wonderful hospitality. On Friday and Saturday nights most bars have traditional live music.
We spent our Saturday night dining at the hotel’s restaurant, which always guarantees the best food and service, my husband and brother in law are particularly partial to the T-bone steak!
The hotel organised a large birthday cake after dinner which tasted divine and we danced away the rest of the night in Hannigans bar to the wonderful Irish singers!
We cannot recommend this hotel high enough, its perfect location, wonderful accommodating staff and brilliant atmosphere always makes our trips so brilliant!
My husband and brother will be returning in a couple of months for their annual golfing weekend with the Pegs and for them there would be no other hotel they would stay in.
Thankyou for making our weekend getaway trip so wonderful yet again!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much Hazel! What wonderful high praise! We love having you stay and of course, the guys' golfing trip in the Summer is a standing tradition now at the International - will this be year 16 or 17 ? - I am not sure!
Anyway, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Even though it was January, Killarney is always lively at weekends with plenty to see and do.
Hope to see you back again next year and once again thank you for taking the time to review us so brilliantly.
Hi to Andy and the guys!
Medford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I spent 2 nights here - the staff wasn't quite as friendly - BUT - this was a very BUSY hotel and my arrival coincided w/the arrival of a LARGE tour group all waiting to be checked in - On the plus side, my room was fine - an accommodating staffer showed me how to work the tea maker :) and the waitress at breakfast the next morning was WONDERFUL. She learned my grandmother was from Carragaline which she was very familiar with and took time out to talk with me - (and breakfast was awesome!!) I was able to walk to the various shops quite easily and very much enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I hope to return some day !

Room Tip: My room was excellent - small but it had everything needed for comfort
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
AMCollins, Front Office Manager at International Hotel Killarney, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Sara-Elisebeth,
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to us, we 're very glad you enjoyed it and your chats with our team.
We apologise for your delay in getting checked-in, we generally can check-in a group in a very short time, as little as 5-6 minutes as our team are very experienced, I can only surmise that the group must have been particularly large or needed some additional assistance on arrival?
However, we've very pleased to hear that you will return and look forward to seeing you back at another time.
tipperary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed on Sat 25th.From the moment we entered the hotel we couldn't fault a thing.Great location,excellent food and very friendly staff.Room was beautifully decorated.This is one hotel we will return to.

Dear Carol,
Thank you so much, we' re very glad you enjoyed your stay.
Our genuine wish is that all our guests leave us after having a wonderful experience and enjoyable memories and of course, that they will return!
Looking forward to seeing you back again,
Bandon, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Wonderful hotel with very attentive and courteous staff. The rooms are very comfortable if a little on the petit side. We enjoyed a fantastic meal in the restaurant. Despite our stay landing in what would be considered the off season for Killarney, all the staff seemed very enthusiastic.

Room Tip: Unfortunately this hotel doesn't provide parking, however on street parking is free on Sundays o...
Dear MikeMac82,
Thank you for taking the time to review us so positively, we do appreciate it.
The majority of our team have been with us for many years and take pride in their work - and it shows in the attention to detail and level of service and commitment they offer every day.
We hope to see you back again and thank you for your great comments!
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed for two nights 22nd & 23rd Jan and as always from the moment you walk through the front door it is fantastic. John the porter was on hand to help us with our bags. Check in was stress free and the girls in reception are so professional and friendly. Our room was spacious, comfy and the Jaquzzi in the ensuite was a real treat... The bar / restaurant staff were so helpful and welcoming and the food in this hotel is top class. I could go on and on! This hotel is simply FLAWLESS.Thanks Ann Marie & all the wonderful staff. Looking forward to my next stay already.

Breda Shanahan
Limerick

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Breda! What can I say!
This review is just what we love to hear and we're always appreciated your custom over the years.
I 'll be sure to pass on your great comments to John and all the team and hope to see you back again soon,
All the best for now
Tickhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We have just spent four nights in this extremely comfortable and welcoming hotel, which is situated in the very heart of Killarney. Cannot speak highly enough of the unfailing efficiency of the friendly helpful staff. Beautiful décor and luxury furniture in the public rooms, and in the well appointed spacious bedrooms. Lovely food and beverages in the restaurants and Hannigan's Bar, where every taste is catered for. Cannot wait for our next stay in the International Hotel, which will hopefully become our 'Home from Home' hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms we were able to see were spacious and luxurious.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear David,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. 'Home from Home' is exactly what we aim to achieve - but without you having to lift a finger or cook a meal! We think we may use this in our marketing text in fact!
I am very glad the rooms was to your satisfaction - I know you had a few requests you were hoping we could accommodate - and we look forward to having you back again soon.
Anne Marie Collins

Been to International Hotel Killarney? Share your experiences!