“Lake View” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lake Shore, Muckross Road, Killarney, Ireland   |
Ranked #11 of 40 hotels in Killarney
“Lake View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ended up staying here by chance. Having taken a trip to Kerry for a day, thought we would stay over and checked in at the Lake View. We had a very enjoyable stay, fabulous grounds, great family room (with a fantastic view), and really helpful staff. Oh yeah and breakfast was enjoyed by all! Especially the 3 kids.....10,8 and 5. Very family friendly.....we will be back, this time we'll plan it!

Room Tip: All rooms come with a Lake view ( I believe)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kerryman_7, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely warm review about our hotel. I often find that the unplanned little trips are sometimes some of the best and thank you for choosing to stay at the lake on this occasion. I’m glad your children enjoyed their stay I hope they got the opportunity to see the red deer who are putting up great displays for us at the moment as it is the rutting season. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our friendly staff of whom the hotel is very proud I will pass these on to them. Thank you also for your comments regarding the breakfast being enjoyed by all. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back soon and should you require any assistance in planning your trip please contact us on info@lakehotel.com and our reservations team would be only too happy to assist. Once again thank you for this lovely review and I hope we see you back in the Kingdom soon again.

933 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here In July and our room was very very jaded, needed a refurb. THe bathroom was as clean as it should have been. We only had lunch there and the food was very good, it was the best part of the stay along with the very friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and the high quality of our food. I will also pass your kind comments regarding our friendly staff on to our team here at the hotel who work very hard to ensure that all of our guests are well looked after during their stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you did not like your room perhaps you got a room in the older side of the building which is done in older style décor. If you choose to stay at the hotel again in the future you might consider taking one of our rooms on the new wing which are decorated in a more modern style which you may prefer. Thank you for your business once again and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Lake Hotel in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Simply put, our 2 night stay at the Lake Hotel was the best hotel experience my wife and I have ever had. Large, beautiful room with an amazing view, excellent service, elegant and relaxing atmosphere, beautiful and romantic setting, nice bar and restaurant -- the Lake Hotel has it all. Just wish we could have stayed longer. Killarney was probably our favorite town on our vacation and it was great to be able head into town (8-9 euros by taxi) for the pubs and music and then come back and unwind at the Lake. If we ever go back to Ireland we will make a point of returning to the Lake Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kerryman_7, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
Just a quick note to thank you for posting such a lovely warm review about our hotel. Nothing gives us greater pleasure here at the hotel then to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us and leave us feeling happy and relaxed. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel and its interiors, service and atmosphere. At the Lake Hotel our team are dedicated to ensuring that each guest gets the most out of their holiday to Killarney and the Lake Hotel and we can assist you in planning a range of activities to do in Killarney or for some they just prefer to enjoy the hotel’s facilities and kick back and relax while looking out at the beautiful lake, mountains and perhaps the odd red deer passing by the window. Either way we promise to do our best to ensure our guests make some memories of Killarney to treasure. I hope that you will visit us in the Lake again if you choose to come back to Ireland.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at the Lake Hotel in mid September. Staff are very friendly, views are amazing. Lake view room was very spacious/comfortable bed. Found the restaurant disappointing however- e.g ordered scallops starter and very poor show really! Eventhough it is a very nice hotel, natural beautiful surrounds I found it overpriced to say the least.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Lake Hotel. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team here at the hotel and the views from the hotel. Our lake view rooms are a real treat alright you can ask for no nicer view to wake to in the morning its almost sure to get the day off to a good start. I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal in the Castlelough Restaurant Paul and his team in the kitchen work very hard to ensure that all our guests needs are catered for in the restaurant and always take all guest feedback be it good or bad very seriously so that they can continue to improve on the products and services we offer to our guests. I will discuss your comments regarding the scallops with them to see if this particular dish needs review. Thank you for your feedback and thank you once again for all of your nice comments in your review. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Timbuktu, Mali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

During my recent trip to Ireland this was by far the most relaxing/romantic hotel we stayed at. On arrival we were greeted with the kindest ladies at the front desk. When we got to our room, the staff had rose petals from the door, to the bed with a heart shape made out of the rose petals on the bed. There was also a personal note from the owner attached to a poster of a scene of the lake. We booked a couples massage the following morning~WOW! That was the most amazing/relaxing massage I have ever had.....
The view from our room was absolutly amazing. We enjoyed watching the deer, the ducks in the lake, and just the beauty of God's land!

Room Tip: Book the Deluxe lake view~
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kerryman_7, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Just a quick note to thank you for posting such a lovely review about The Lake Hotel. I’m glad that you found the hotel a good place for a romantic getaway. I will pass your compliments on to the team at front desk and to Kirsten in our beauty treatment rooms thank you for those. Anne and her team in accommodation always try to ensure that the little extra touches to the room like the rose petals are done for our guests special occasions I’m glad that you were happy with this. We are lucky alright with the views and the nature around us at the hotel. Every day you get a slightly different view depending on the weather and the light and every time it is just as beautiful as the day before. Thank you also for posting those lovely photographs the lake is an ideal place to take a few shots to capture some of your memories of your holiday. Once again thank you for this lovely review and I hope that we can welcome you back to the Kingdom again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We love the Lake Hotel, we've stayed there on quite a few occasions and have never been disappointed. The rooms are so spacious and the jacuzzi baths are heaven! My favourite experience was waking up in the middle of the night, I looked out the window and the moon was shining on the lake and there was a deer on the lawn. Amazing! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone especially the Superior Lake View Rooms.

Room Tip: It's worth forking out that little bit extra for a Superior Lake View Room...ask for one with a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kerryman_7, General Manager at Lake Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Just a quick note to thank you for posting such a lovely review about our hotel. We are always very happy to welcome repeat guests back to the hotel and take it as a huge compliment that they choose to return to us time and time again for their holidays. I’m glad to see that you were happy with your room and in particular the Jacuzzi they are a big hit with our guests alright. I’m happy to see that you got the opportunity to see the deer during your stay. They are treating us to great displays at the moment as it is the rutting season and they are in top form during this time of year. Only this morning King Tuan as we like to call him here was roaming the grounds looking as majestic as ever. We have lots of photos on our facebook page should you like to take a look. Once again thank you so much for such a warm review and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the lake again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The only reason this hotel got 3 from 5 stars and not all 5 was the food. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we loved it. The lobby is so homely with a real roaring fire and the reception staff were great. The room was gorgeous, a lovely big double bed, Jacuzzi bath tub and balcony with stunning view of the Lake. We made arrangements to eat at the hotel as there was live music on in the bar that evening. Unfortunately the meal just did not come close to the experience of the rest of the hotel. The restaurant staff were not very competent. Many had really poor English. My girlfriend ordered plaice off the bone and I ordered lamb, which had an extra €5 supplement to the €40 set menu. The plaice was delivered to the table on the bone and carved in front of us on a trolley. The fish was really poorly presented and rather tasteless. My lamb was really small. It was basically two large cutlets and accompanied by liver and a stew with a poor side order of mash+veg. The real disappointing aspect was the price we had to pay. Wine €22 Set menu+supplement €45 Fish €20 Total €87. This was quite expensive for the quality we got. The staff also made two errors on our bill, charging us €97 first and for the wrong main course. We were extremely disappointed afterward. I think it's the first time I refused to tip staff. I don't like being so critical of staff in hotels but I counted at least three other parties who had issues with their meal.
The saving grace for our evening was the bar afterward. There was a stunning two piece band that played acoustic music for 2 hours. The bar staff were of a different class completely to those in the restaurant. We really enjoyed that part of the evening. I must also commend the breakfast buffet. There was a wide variety of cereals and breads. It was quite nice.
If you're looking for a romantic get away with stunning views this is the hotel for you... just eat in one of the many restaurants in Killarney rather than the hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel on Trip advisor. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel and I’m glad that you felt the hotel was cosy and that the staff made you feel welcome. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding your room the Jacuzzi baths and balconies are indeed a big hit with our guests. We feel that there is no nicer feeling to waking up and pulling back the curtains to the view that awaits you outside. I’m sorry to hear that you were not happy with your meal in the Castlelough restaurant. I will be discussing this review with Paul our head chef and Emanuele our restaurant manager and taking any follow up action necessary. We appreciate all guest feedback be it good or bad as it’s the best way for us to continue to improve on the products and services that we offer to our guests so I appreciate you letting us know your opinion on your meal. I’m glad that you enjoyed the bar I will pass your comments on this area on to Steve and his team. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Niall Huggard – General Manager

Been to Lake Hotel? Share your experiences!