“Birthday dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Birthday dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Here we are in rainy Killarney..

A lovely place to spend your birthday.. Even if it is raining huh? Thus is the Emerald Isle after all, so the rain is pretty important I guess.. Although just a little bit less whilst having a wander would be good . Ahh well..

On route we stopped off at this amazing candy store, and Charly the candyman was a wonderful chap.. Bought some homemade candy to take home (if it lasts that long!) ..

Also he suggested a place for the special birthday supper .. A Mexican joint.. And it looked cool as..

So back to the hotel to dry off then into the spa to re-vitalise..

Revitalised and a cab to the restaurant.. Greeted warmly by the staff and the chef (John ) .. Who was having a cup of something hot, this seems to be a husband and wife affair with a really helpful Spanish? Server she was cool .

After staring st the menu a good while we went for nachos to start.. And they didn’t disappoint. Good nachos, ok Chef John explained that they couldn’t make them in- house as they just can’t get good enough flour round these parts.. Yet I tell ya these were good chips. Shame they were not warmed yet they were good and the guacamole was superb!! One if the best I think I have ever eaten.. Honest!

For mains went for a meat sharing platter for me & Mrs Fitz. Comprising if chicken strips in panko crumb,, tender and crunchy.. A chilli that ok didn’t have the white kidney beans I like yet was of very good taste indeedo Some meatballs in a good sauce, also took in a couple if ‘extras’ ..

Chorizo that was punchy ( reckon Mr Fitz’s home made ones are richer though x) and some cheese croquettes for Mrs Fitz.. Dunno if it was the tough day travelling, wandering and spa-ing, yet this got demolished !

Washed down with a couple of salty sweet well made margaritas ..

FULL now .. FULL!!

It’s my birthday though and I’ll burst if I want to.. Burst if I want to.

Hit desert . Mango icecream cake.. V good, and an express cup of chocolate mixed with chilli.. If this had come with churros I would have wept with pleasure. It still was good though.

What a taste (very) full (for sure!) way to spend a birthday meal. Happy birthday to me x thanks Mrs Fitz.

Love you .

Sleep required now .. Nite nite

cookingwithmrfitz.com

• Visited March 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“Favorite restaurant meal to date!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stumbled across this restaurant and was very happy we did as I had one of the best meals Ive ever eaten! The restaurant was decorated beautifully and the service was exceptional. There is so much to chose from on the menu. We had some tapas to start and then a burrito and the chicken fajitas. The food was cooked and presented perfectly and tasted amazing. It is exactly what you want in Mexican food, would love to go back if ever in Killarney again. Cannot recommend it enough!

• Visited May 2014
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were recommended this place by my boyfriends father. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent! I will be visiting again when we return to Killarney.

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Food and all round service from all staff superb. Will definitely be coming back when I return to Killarney. I recommend the nachos with chilli chicken strips to share as a starter.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“I'm still here! Having a great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Americans.. Just cos you have lots of Mexican restaurants & it might not be what you expect in Killarny Ireland.. I strongly advise you give it a go.. Try the Europeans mexican! The rest of you.. Tuck in! The outside might make you hesitate.. It's a basic hut building that looks a little temporary.. But do not let it put you off! Once inside you immediately get a warm, professional and easy going welcome from the lovely staff and are presented with a clean and simple restaurant with a well thought out menu. I'm sitting here (alone on business sadly!) loving my main course.. Tasty, good ingredients.. Possibly the best Mexican I've had... I probably should caveat that I'm a lightweight and the excellent Margarita and craft beer I've drunk may have brought this review in earlier than expected but I eat out a lot (perk of the job) and this place deserves a 5* s and a review.. Thanks for a great meal team Casita Mexicana! Keep it going! I'll definitely be back!