“An experience as well as a dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The West End House Restaurant nestled in the neighbourhood between Killarney Cathedral and the gate of Killarney National Park has re-opened after extensive renovations under new the management of chef John O'Leary.
Killorglin, Ireland
“An experience as well as a dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have eaten here on many occasions, most often with my long term girlfriend. The service, atmosphere and most importantly the food were outstanding. On our first trip, as two brazen eighteen year old's, we went in without reservations, and within fifteen minutes we had a table, in a very busy, full restaurant. The manager personally took care of us for the night, which lasted for ever. The whole experience is worth the trip. The relaxed, yet romantic evening atmosphere complimented the food well. The food itself was heaven on a plate (or bowl). My returns have been to eat my way through the menu, as it is irresistible to try everything. I was worried on my first trip that my wallet wouldn't stretch far enough, but for the food, wine, service and over all experience, it was more than reasonable. I am delighted to say I have become somewhat of a regular, but the experience never dulls. It is not one to miss out on during any trip to Killarney.
Luke.

• Visited August 2013

Killarney, Ireland
“Great for Sunday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

After a day of cycling round the national park on a glorious autumn day we checked Tripadvisor for places to eat and liked what we read about this gem of a restaurant. Greeted with a cozy fire in the bar section, we were seated and greeted within seconds. So while looking over the Sunday special menu which consists of €23.95 two course or €28.95 three course special. Plenty of variety and lots of combinations to try, try there fabulous house chardonnay, great value for money. The lobster bisque was great and really surprised with their prawn cocktail with crabmeat. So tasty and light, but the best was the beef, cooked to perfection and just the right portion size. Desserts where not to my taste but my partner loved the Meringue. It won’t be long before Sunday’s are as busy as Friday and Saturday’s so recommend you check it out. And the service was great, fast and friendly. Well done.

Killarney, Ireland
“Great food, bad experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

A friend sent me a voucher for West End House as a birthday present. It had no expiry date. Friends were visiting from U.S. so I made a reservation for a Friday evening. The food and service was EXCELLENT! We ordered main courses but were treated to a starter and sorbet. When the bill came, I presented the voucher. It was turned down. I asked to speak to the owner. He also turned down the 50 euro voucher. He said he was a new owner and not responsible for vouchers sold by last owner. He did not even try to be nice about it in a room filled with other diners. My contention is if you buy a business you also buy the obligations. 50euros would have been a small price for him to pay for repeat business and for me to spread the word locally about the wonderful food and service instead of the story of the turned down voucher.

Killarney
“Fabulous ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My version of a super Sunday .... Fab.
I won't go on and on .... Stunning way to spend a Sunday evening and great value, charming service, and the food is to die for

New York City, New York
“Delicious food and charming ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed the entire dining experience. From the warm welcome to the deliciously prepared food. The warm bread inside the bread cover was a nice touch.