“My favourite experience in Ireland” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: O’Connor Autotours, Killarney was established in 1945 to cater for the transport requirements of overseas visitors to Ireland and in particular the South West of Ireland.We are committed to providing a highly personal, quality service ensuring that your use of our service will be a pleasant and memorable experience. You will find our guides knowledgeable, friendly and always willing to share a joke with you!
Cork
“My favourite experience in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I went on the Ring of Kerry day tour from Killarney. This was my favourite day of my stay in Ireland. Beautiful scenery, despite the overcast/drizzly weather, and our bus driver/guide John O'Neill, was fantastic! An absolutley gorgeous, charismatic, funny, cheeky Irish character! He absolutely made the day!

Visited June 2012
OCONNORAUTOTOURS, Manager at Wild Kerry Day Tour with O'Connor Autotours, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thanks for your review entitled "my favourite experience in Ireland" and we are absolutely delighted to be the highlight of your stay in Ireland. You mentioned the weather was not excellent on the day you travelled but the grey skies and mist can indeed add to the experience my creating a wonderful atmosphere. Your review of driver guide John O'Neill is also very complementary indeed and certainly the attributes you list are a befitting description. Again we are pleased you had such a wonderful time on our Ring of Kerry tour and it really is heartening to be the high point of your time in Ireland.
We hope to see you back this way again some day.

Northport, New York
“Best part of Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My ring of Kerry experience was incredible. I am not a fan of coach buses and my sister convinced me to sit in the front seat! Our tour guide, John o'neill, was the best! He was not only an experienced driver, he was also knowledgeable of all the sights to be seen. I think he also stole my heart! I wish I could go back!

Visited July 2012
"Best part of Ireland" - what a wonderful accolade to receive and from someone who is not even a fan of buses! How glad we are your sister convinced you to travel on our daily Ring of Kerry coach tour and reserved front seats for the occasion. The praise you afford driver guide John O'Neill is also very welcome - we will pass this kind review onto John as it is always nice for him to receive direct feedback on his efforts to inform and entertain.
Thanks again for taking the time to write this glowing review.
Los Gatos, California
14 attraction reviews
“O'Connor Auto Tours for Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My daughter and I recently did a 2 day tour out of Killarney, Ireland, seeing the Ring of Kerry on one day and the Dingle Peninsula on the next.

John O'Reilly, the tour operator for the mid-sized busy through the Ring of Kerry, was fabulous. He often described what we were seeing (extremely helpful), shared some humor and even a little about his own life, which we appreciated. The bus was roomy, clean and comfortable. I think that there were about 20 or 24 of us joining the tour that day.

The weather was terrible that day, not that we could do anything about it. My one suggestion would have been to take in lunch somewhere else. We stopped at a place at an elevation of 700' and while normally it'd have been a great view, it was socked in. The food was not wonderful there and the service was bad. The bathroom at that stop was DISGUSTING. I will spare readers details, but let's just say that the condition of the rest room should have disqualified the lunch spot from being a part of the tour. (It was also very touristy.)

As a whole, John made the Kerry tour a fun day.

The next day we saw the Dingle Peninsula. The scenery was nicer there (and it helped that the weather was better). Our tour guide (sorry, forgot his name) was very nice and agreeable, sharing good info with us. We were in a van suited for 8 people and it was both old and dirty. It does not cost anything to wash and vacuum - so I would encourage O'Connor Auto Tours to work on that.

The two day tour is a fantastic value so I give the package two thumbs' up.

Visited July 2012
Thank for your review of our two most popular day tours - the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle peninsula. Due to the popularity of these tour programs we offer them as part of a two tour special offer which I understand you and your daughter availed of and deemed as good value. The weather in Ireland is always a bit unpredictable and this appears to have been the case on the day you took the Ring of Kerry tour with John O'Neill - we are glad to note that the weather did not detracted from your enjoyment of the program as you kindly described the tour as "fabulous" Thanks also for feedback on "roomy, clean and comfortable" coach - it is the policy of Wild Kerry Daytours to keep coaches clean however you comments on the Dingle coach are noted and we will investigate further.
Thanks again for your review and for giving us the “two thumbs up”
Dundalk, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
“A real break from driving.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Apart from the obvious break from the driving, it was a real pleasure to join O'Connors Autotours on their Ring of Kerry Tour. From our initial enquiry, we were treated efficiently. The directions to the depot and the detail on their website was excellent. They also supplied secure parking at the depot and the option of front seats to enchance the view. The beauty of the ring on kerry is there for everyone to see, however having John, the driver there to give detailed commentary throughout the tour, really added to the trip. His knowledge and expertise on the roads was incredible and we felt both safe and entertained at the same time. His banter could only make you laugh and his dicky bow made us feel he had dressed up for the occasion. We would just like to say thanks again to all involved with O'Connors Autotours and were blessed that the weather stayed fine to allow us to see unrestricted, the stunning views around Kerry.

Visited July 2012
Thanks for your glowing review of our popular Ring of Kerry day tour. It is as you describe - an opportunity to sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery all the while being entertained by the commentary of driver guide John O'Neill. John strives to keep his commentary interesting & fresh including little know facts about the region as well as light hearted anecdotes which travellers seem to appreciate. The addition of the dickey bow is his own quirky touch - he enjoys dressing up and entertaining! We do offer complimentary parking at our depot for the convenience of travellers and we are glad you found this facility useful and our location page user friendly. Thank you also for your review of our back office efficiency - our customers are our priority and we always endeavour to answer any enquiry immediately and offer advice that may be helpful to people
Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.
Golden, Colorado, United States
“My experience with O'Connor Autotours.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had such a wonderful tour. Our tour guide's name was John O'Neill. He definitely made the tour fun. It was amazing to see the Ring of Kerry and all the other attractions we saw. I took my 70 year old grandmother with me, and the driver was very patient with her. This was our first time to Ireland, and also my first time overseas. They did a great job with making me and my grandma feel comfortable. If I am ever in Killarney again, I will be sure to take another memorable tour with Mr. O'Neill. I definitely recommend booking through O'Connor Autotours for anything you need. They give great customer service, and are all very kind people.

Visited June 2012
Thanks for your review of the Ring of Kerry and for including some lovely photos of your day out. We are really delighted to hear that you and your grandmother enjoyed a lovely time on our tour and that driver guide John O'Neill took good care of you both in particular your grandmother. Hopefully in years to come you will often revisit happy memories of your day out together on the Ring of Kerry. You kind comments about O'Connor Autotours customer service are also appreciated and we pride our selves on our friednly, welcoming approach. Thanks for the recommendation and your review.