“Excellent must visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kayne's Bar & Bistro

Kayne's Bar & Bistro
Muckross Road | Killarney, Co. Kerry, Killarney, Ireland (Formerly Kayne's Bistro)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 148 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Kayne's Bar & Bistro offers an informal and very friendly dining atmosphere, with a range of good value for money tempting menu items. There are 13 wines by the glass to choose from, plus a selection of local beers. Food is served daily in the Bar from 12.30 to 9.30pm and from 6.30 pm in the Bistro. Our staff are friendly and professional, and we value your feedback on both our food and our service.
Virginia
“Excellent must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner here as we were staying next door at Randles Court. Excellent! Even had local beer that my husband loved. Excellent service, great menu. Highly recommend the pork dish.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ireland
“Much better than I expected (decor not inviting)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had a pub lunch there today. Very friendly barman who drew my attention to the specials. Got the vegetarian - tortelini in a tomato sauce. The tomato sauce was just right - not too sharp. I also had a cappuchino. Good value for a filling lunch at €13.
They also had the daily newspapers. One of my pet hates is places that open during the day and don't provide a paper. People on business often eat lunch on their own so want something to occupy them. A customer is much more likely to linger when they have a paper.
I also noted the manager point out to a staff member that there was chewing gum on the floor and to get it cleaned up. It gave an impression of a well-run place. only fault i would find with the place is the decor could be updated.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mediocre. Not sure what the fuss is about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I'm not really sure why there are so many glowing reviews of this restaurant. The service was fine, but the atmosphere and the food were both very bland. I ordered the bruscetta--my mistake, I guess--as a starter, and it was just warmed over bread with partially melted shredded cheese from a bag. The duck was tough and the sauce was pretty tasteless, aside from being sugary. I had a taste of someone else's ribs, and they were dry and stringy. Overall, really unimpressive food, served in a sterile atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Went here as town was packed and the thought of waiting didn't appeal. Besides it was just around the corner from our guest house. The food was very good and great value for money. The service was well timed and very friendly. I was very pleased and if staying longer would return

Sale, United Kingdom
“Kayne's Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Another one of my favourites in Killarney. Decor is plush, staff are very very friendly. It's clear to see why this Family have been in the hotel trade for so many years. Bernadette Randle and her team get it spot on. Food is superb and prices are great value for money, they also have an early bird menu. Down stairs they also have a great bar food menu

• Visited September 2011