“Best italian in Kerry!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“Best italian in Kerry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped in here by chance and it was totally empty. Within the space of an hour it was half full. The server was a french guy, he was so friendly and very passionate about food....infact we asked him where he would recommend to go on a foodie holiday and he said Sicily......which we did 3 months later!!! The food was amazing and so reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend book and it filled so quickly.

Visited April 2012

Franklin, Tennessee
“Over-priced for average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We decided to take a break from Irish bar food one night and wish we hadn't. I couldn't rate our meals as 'poor', as they had 'some' flavor and nothing made us sick but nonetheless.... Our salads lacked vinaigrette and was quite plain. The bread was decent and plentiful. I had a pasta dish with Italian sausage in it and I understand the meats can taste different from the US but the sauce used didn't enhance anything. I hate to say it but it tasted somewhat like ChefBoyardee sauce. My husband had a simple dish of spaghetti and he said it was nothing to write home about. And to boot, quite over-priced. However, the restaurant itself was nice, the wait staff was kind and attentive considering a large group being tended to beside us. But, it can't make up for the flavor in the food. Would I return if in Killarney? Not unless I knew recipes have been improved upon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach, California
“A little bit of Poland in Ireland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Sounds like a bad review.....nope; we loved the place. The pizza was excellen. I noticed the accent of the waitress was not that typical Irish...she was actually easier to understand than the typical Irish. She was from Poland, though not your typical east European type...she was friendly and smiled. We were discussing how good the food was...and the couple at the table adjacent to ours said the chef was Polish as well. Any way, I would go back and definitely recommend it

Visited August 2012
cork ireland
“superb 3 course early bird meal at great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

There is nothing bad to say about this restaurant as far aqs my partner and i are concerned, we had the 3 course early bird there aproximately a week ago, for 18 euro or thereabouts.

The decor in the restaurant is very tastefully done and were it not for the weak sunshine coming through the sky light i could have sworn we were in Italy.
i had Bruchetta to start which was to die for, my partner had pea soup which she loved it was rich and creamy
i cant remeber the name of my second course but it was lovely
and my pizza was fabulous.
My partner had spaghetti with meat with a sprinkling of Parmesan which she loved
im not surprised Paulo Tullio recommended this place , and the waitress was alovely girl also
will definately return

Visited August 2012
co kerry
“poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

overall a poor experience,i ate there last weekend with a group.we all ate different dishes and all had the same result very poor and way overpriced.i had a pizza and it was no better than one you would get at a take away.I tasted my girlfriends lasagne and it was disgusting.The waiter was a bit pushy trying to sell sides of fries and salad.I eat in killarney quiet regular and this must be the overpriced and worst resturant there.my advice stay away from here.

• Visited July 2012