“What a grand week!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Larkinley Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Larkinley Lodge
You added Larkinley Lodge to your Saves list
Lewis Road, Killarney, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 142 Killarney B&B and Inns
Providence, Rhode Island
“What a grand week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our family wanted to spend a week in Killarney exploring this great city and the surrounding county Kerry area. We chose Larkinley Lodge because it came highly recommended by family members who had stayed there. We had two rooms, a double bed for my husband and me and a room with two twin beds for our two young teenage children. In short, everything was perfect. The room was neat as a pin and super clean. The linens seemed new. There were plenty of places to put things even for a weeklong stay. The shower was big and had great water pressure (wimpy water pressure is one of my pet peeves). One of the many details I noticed were the doors to the rooms. They were quite thick and massive and had gaskets around the edges for soundproofing. Similarly the windows were obviously quite new with great soundproofing. The breakfasts were consistently outstanding. I'm a big-breakfast kind of person, so the Irish breakfast suit me fine (eggs, bacon, sausage, "black pudding" and a roasted tomato). Toni and Danny were super guides. They directed us to many local sights including Muckross House, Muckross Abbey, Ross Castle, and Torc Waterfall. They gave us great tips for places to see on a tour of the Ring of Kerry - don't miss the ancient tetrapod tracks. They helped us get set up for fishing in Lough Leane (we didn't catch a thing, but that wasn't their fault). They directed us on a day trip to picturesque nearby Kenmare. They pointed us in the right direction for hiking to the top of nearby Torc Mountain and the Gap of Dunlowe. They helped us find food, including navigating the local grocery stores and finding the most reasonable local restaurants. It was as close as you could come to staying with family without actually being related.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
tonikillarney, Owner at Larkinley Lodge, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Lots of Love

Toni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

In 2010, I wrote my first review on Trip Advisor. I had visited Larkinley Lodge and wanted to share the excitement of my stay with fellow travelers. Although I only stayed one night, I returned to the United States yearning to visit Ireland and re-experience Toni and Danny's hospitality. They embody the old Irish saying, "In Ireland, there are no strangers simply friends that you have not met yet." This time I stayed at Larkinley Lodge for 8 nights. Larkinley was as I remembered, immaculate, nicely appointed, great breakfasts, centrally located and expert advice from Toni and Danny. I spent eight relaxing days visiting the many places that the Killarney region has to offer. After amazing and often trying hikes, I looked forward to a warm shower, cozy bed and and a hearty breakfast the following day. I know that Toni and Danny's attention to detail, genuine care for their guests and expertise will be a highlight of your trip to this part of the Emerald Isle.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hi, Toni here

Thank you for your very warm review. I love when guests return to Larkinley Lodge. It feels like having friends and family staying - It just makes what I do worth while. Thank you.

Lots of love,

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Toni couldn't have been nicer. I'm not a huggy person but within two minutes of our arrival I gave her a big hug because she was so warm and helpful. She arranged our bus tour, recommended great restaurants and gave us tips about where to go. The B&B is close to the hub of activity. It's pleasant, clean and there's lots of parking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello - Toni here,

Thank you for your very kind remarks. So glad you enjoyed your time here at Larkinley Lodge.

Lots of hugs and kisses,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This review is long overdue as we visited Killarney in July 2013. The B&B was well situated on the edge of the town (away from all the noises & crowds) but still within walking distance to town. We had a room on the 2nd floor with 2 large beds in there. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfy! The bathroom was open and bright (with a skylight) with plenty of storage space. The only issue we had was the weak wifi signal in the room. Breakfast was lovely and the hosts (Toni & Danny) were very friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review. So glad you enjoyed our B&B. Hope you can make it back some time.

Sincerely

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Toni always greets me with a big hug and a time to chat while she settles me into my room. I appreciate that she reserves a ground floor room for me as my knees aren't what they used to be.
After we've chatted, we discuss my plans for day tours and my preferences for breakfast. How does she remember what I like, but she always does.
Danny cooks my meal as though I'm never going to eat again, at least that day. He spoils me outrageously.
I visit Ireland every 2 years. Since 2003 Larkinley Lodge has been my Irish home while I'm in Killarney.

Room Tip: If you want a ground floor room, ask for it. Reserve at the least 3 months in advance. I usually b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
tonikillarney, Manager at Larkinley Lodge, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Hello Toni here,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Larkinley Lodge on Trip Advisor. So glad you enjoyed everything and hope to see you again.

Best wishes,

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My parents and stayed with Toni and her husband in September, and were truly taken with the effort and care that had gone into making this B&B so lovely! Toni was a very friendly and hospitable host, and her husband made fantastic potato waffles! We had a great couple of nights there. The rooms are fantastic and very comfy. It's clear that a lot of work has gone into the place. Definitely recommend it.

Oh and Toni - my Irish other half proposed on the beach in Derrynane two days later! Suffice to say - Mum was delighted ;) as was I! Thanks for a great stay. -- Amanda

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
tonikillarney, Owner at Larkinley Lodge, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review. So happy you has a good time here in Killarney. Glad you enjoyed the potato waffles. Best wishes.

Wilmington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in September 2013 - we wish we had stayed here the whole time! This B&B was absolutely excellent. Toni welcomed us when we arrived with coffee and chocolates. Just what we needed after driving on Irish roads all day! Toni was extremely organized and took our order for breakfast right then and scheduled our time slot for it. The room was the best room we had during our whole stay in Ireland. It was a good sized room and a great sized bathroom. The bathroom and the shower were huge. Everything was new and modern and very clean. They had most of the bathroom toiletries that a hotel would have - soap, shampoo, conditioner, q-tips, cotton balls. We felt like we were in a five star hotel room with the great hospitality of a B&B. The dining room was beautiful and the breakfast was delicious. It is also right in the city of Killarney so you can walk to restaurants, shopping, etc.

Overall, this place was excellent. I would absolutely stay here again - in fact, I would go back to Ireland and plan my next trip around staying here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay at Larkinley Lodge. So glad you enjoyed your time here. Yours sincerely,

Toni.

Been to Larkinley Lodge? Share your experiences!