“Best tour guide, ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 46 activities in Galway
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Dublin Tour Company/ Galway Tour Company offers FUN Day & Overnight Tours to the Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Connemara & Cong, The Aran Islands, the eco/cultural hill village of Cnoc Suain, Connemara Walking Tours & crazy night tours too! Tripadvisor 2011 Certificate of Excellence recipients & probably the best tour company in the world!
4 attraction reviews
“Best tour guide, ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

There seems to be three or four major tour companies that offer the Cliffs of Moher tour from Galway, but after a bit of research, my girlfriend and I decided to book with Galway Tour Company. From the very moment we were picked up from our accommodation, to the very moment we returned to Galway, we were thoroughly impressed with the staff, service and buses.
Comfy buses, funny/informative tour guides and a relaxed pace made for the perfect tour.
We have now been travelling for 12 months and our guide, PJ was the best guide we have encountered on any tour we have taken part in. He was funny, friendly, informative, funny, courteous and funny. I think he must be a stand-up comedian in his spare time.
I highly recommend Galway Tour Company if you are looking for a relaxed, informative and enjoyable tour.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Leixlip, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
“Worst Bus Tour of my Life”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was travelling around Galway with my Dutch and Belgian friends and we took a tour to Connemara with this company. I have never heard a person talk for so long in my whole life. The driver never stopped talking and moved quickly from topic to topic. It was also very recession heavy, something that I thought would be only slightly mentioned but it seemed as if this particular driver had some bad run ins with builders. I really really do not recommend this tour. The whole thing was completely unscripted and the drivers were stopping in random places every five minutes. It was not well planned, it was messy and honestly just annoying. I don't recommend this at tour at all to any person who wants to enjoy Connemara.

Visited August 2013
Paul N, Public Relations Manager at Dublin Tour Company/ Galway Tour Company, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi Everybody,

This review was written by the girlfriend of one of our competitors!!!
If you look at her other reviews you can figure out which one yourself.

Safe travels,
Auckland Region, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
“Great Day Tour from Galway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We did the tour to Cliffs of Moher and The Burren last month on our recent stay in Galway. I booked online and we were picked up and dropped back to our B&B in Salthill. Our driver was fantastic and had an excellent sense of humour. We had a great day, the weather was kind to us and all and all we enjoyed hearing about the history and culture of this fantastic country. This tour was great value for money and we have returned home with lasting memories.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore
“The Driver Makes The Difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went to Kylemore Abbey and Cong today, which is a typical day tour. But what made this extremely enjoyable was the driver, Paul. He had a wealth of knowledge both useful and obscure, and a great Irish sense of humor. He engaged everyone on the trip and we were never rushed or hassled in any way. Bravo to Galway Tours and specifically to our tour guide, Paul.

Dallas, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Best tour ever....due to the best tour guide ever...Ken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We traveled from Dublin to Galway to start our tour of hidden Ireland. It is advertised as the Connemara and Cong day tour. It was a great tour that I would highly recommend to anyone! Ken was our wonderful tour guide, and he led a tour that will forever be in our memories! I traveled with my 16 year old daughter. Ken held our interest from beginning to end...and we saw amazing sights...Kylemore Abbey was definitely a place where we will return to! The company is a top notch company with wonderful and friendly employees like Ken and Gemma. We will definitely take another tour with this company when we return to Ireland.

Visited July 2013