“A pack of Hens” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Kilkenny, Ireland
“A pack of Hens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We arrived for a one night stay for my sisters hen. We had a package which included a cocktail making class, Dinner, B&B and VIP entrance to the night club, reduced rates for entry and a bottle of bubbly! The rooms and fab, clean and bathrooms are gorgeous although our room had everything my sisters had no fridge and one of the other rooms had no iron but as there was 8 of us sharing 4 rooms we all got ourselves sorted.
The cocktail making class was brilliant and although we seemed to make Poor Oliver nervous he powered through and showed us a load of different kinds! He was very good to be dealing with 8 hyper women on a hen. I would say though that the room let down the experience, felt like I was in a meeting.....
Dinner was amazing, all our food was served together and delicious. I cant remember our servers name but she was very attentive as were the other staff and considering there were 3 other hen parties in we felt well looked after. Breakfast didn't disappoint either (Although one of our hens didnt get a tomato or mushrooms) I would stay again, Staff make the place!

Room Tip: Organise a taxi to get home before going out in Galway at night as the taxis are hard to get out to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Clayton-GM, General Manager at Clayton Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear tazpio81,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review after what must have been a very busy but obviously enjoyable weekend for you. It's great to learn you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I'm sure Oliver will appreciate the nod of recognition. I'll take your comments about the room you were in on board and feed that back to our bar manager. As you rightly guessed we use meeting rooms to accommodate these cocktail classes but perhaps there's more we can do to enhance the atmosphere a bit. This kind of feedback is really helpful, thank you.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights midweek (Monday-Wednesday) in July. Traveled with a friend. Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly . Rooms were lovely and well cleaned and tidied everyday by the cleaning staff ! Very efficient staff in all areas of the hotel !! Would fully recommend eating in the hotel in the tribe restaurant . Would like to highly commend our waitress (can't remember her name, think it may have been Maxine?!) she was very polite and served us with such a happy smile :) the bar food served in the hotel is also up to a very high standard and is reasonably priced. Breakfast is buffet style with a range of hot foods,cereals,fruit and pastries. When we stayed we went down to breakfast around 9.30am and it was quiet enough but we stayed midweek and as the restaurant isn't very large I can imagine weekends&high season it can get quite busy!!
There is free wifi in the hotel, however it appears it doesn't always work with apple devices ?! I couldn't get my iPod touch to connect to the wifi unfortunately but was able to use the wifi with my Samsung phone ?!
The swimming pool&changing rooms are extremely small but kids would happily play in the pool.
The location is very convenient. The 403 bus pulls up right outside the hotel and this will bring you directly into eyre square (just near the train station) very handy indeed !! We stayed for 4 days and took the bus everyday and were able to do plenty and go lots of places without a car. Well served by public transport which is a major bonus. There is also a dunnes stores and a KFC located directly opposite the hotel.
Would happily recommend the hotel to anyone and would like to thank all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable !!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Megs97,

Thank you so much for posting such a comprehensive and positive review of your stay in the Clayton hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us so much and you got to get out and explore Galway and all the great attractions that help make this such a popular destination. I really do appreciate your recommendation and I hope you left something else still to do in the west so you'll find an excuse to visit again soon.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Clayton Hotel three months ago and I was so impressed with the whole experience that I returned for another visit. I consider the staff in any hotel, to be key to a guests overall experience and the staff in the Clayton Hotel certainly don't disappoint. From arrival to departure each staff member knew how to do their job to the highest degree and this was consistent throughout the whole visit. One staff member, called Stephanie, excelled! The rooms are spotless and beds are really comfortable. Food was lovely and all tastes are catered for. I will definitely be returning many times in the future.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear MDoolin,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your most recent stay in the Clayton. As a returning guest your opinion is especially valuable to me as it's being able to consistently meet and exceed the expectations of all our guests, new and repeat that's so important to what we do here. Your kind comments about the staff, food rooms etc. are really welcome and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clayton at some point in the not too distant future.

Galway, Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Large bright hotel, lovely place for a coffee and meeting place. Cannot thank Niamh on reception for being so professional and helpful, she went completely out of her way to be very welcoming and ensure that we were well cared for. Thank you once again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear EMC40,

Thank you so much for your brief review of your visit to the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted that all was as expected and I know Niamh will be very grateful for your recognition of the excellent job she does for us here in the hotel. I do hope it won't be too long before you are back again.

Donegal Town, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at the Clayton hotel in June, the rooms are just fab, so clean and the beds are very comfortable! breakfast was really good although i couldn't say the same for dinner the night before unfortunately! The hotel is a good 5-10 minute drive from the city centre which i didn't really mind but not ideal for going out in Galway at night time. great car park at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lauram1261,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the Clayton hotel. I'm glad that everything about the rooms met with your approval and I appreciate your enjoyment of breakfast but rather disappointed with your comments on dinner the previous evening. I know that my F&B Manager was trying to contact you to get more details as I'm sure your feedback would prove helpful. If you do get the chance by all means please contact me directly on rory.fitzpatrick@clayton.ie.

Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It is a very large, modern hotel in Galway. True - It is far from the lovely city center but it has its own advantages. Big rooms, nice food, good service, large parking lot. close to shopping center - very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear nadi O o,

Thank you for posting a brief review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit and I hope it won't be too long before you find a reason to stay once again.

Slough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were here for 3 nights for a wedding nearby, the clayton was one of the hotels on the list given to us and we were pleased that it was the one we chose, we had room 205 which was very spacious and spotlessly clean, the room was quiet and the aircon was a godsend as was the free wifi, we really enjoyed our stay and all the staff were quick with a smile and a hello and were a credit to the hotel. We would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: We were in a large group and spread over different floors and aspects, all the rooms were of a high...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Baljordan,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay in the Clayton Hotel. I'm delighted you choose to stay with us from what no doubt was a long list. Your kind words on the staff and the rooms are really appreciated.

Rory Fitzpatrick

Been to Clayton Hotel? Share your experiences!