“Best hotel by far we have stayed in to date..” 5 of 5 stars

Clayton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Monivea Road | Ballybrit, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Best hotel by far we have stayed in to date..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just home after a lovely few days away in Galway. As things are tight this year we decided to stay in Ireland for our little summer break. We decided on Galway as its not too far from Dublin and we had not been there before as a family. We booked online and we picked the Clayton Hotel in Ballybrit as it looked very inviting and the price we just could not turn down. On arrival we were met by very friendly reception staff. At a first glance the hotel was very clean and bright and had a nice atmosphere. The bedroom was very spacious, beds were of high standard, even the duvet was of great quality which I feel is very important for comfort.Bathroom was spotless. Bar and restaurant staff very friendly and gave great service, the food was excellent and generous portions. Swimming pool very clean too. Entertainment every night we were there saving us to leave hotel. Also very close to the city. We got very well looked after and as it was my birthday we got treated extra special with a few surprises thrown in. Oh and our little man who is 3 and a half said 'mommy can this hotel be our new home'..We would definitely go back there again and I will be recommending the Clayton Hotel to all my family and friends. Thank you Rory Fitzpatrick, General Manager, and all the staff there who looked after us soooo well. Regards Mick, Jean and Seán, from Dublin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at the Clayton for a couple of nights while traveling through Ireland, and I loved this hotel most of all the places I stayed. The staff was always friendly and accommodating, and the room itself was pristine and chic. I loved the simplicity of the room, as it was not cluttered or dirty in any respect. Additionally, the breakfast in the morning was superbly presented, well-staffed, and delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better experience with regard to these amenities. My only suggestion for improvement would be that the bar offer continue to serve food later into the evening. I checked in around 9 or 10 PM and was famished upon arrival, and to my dismay, NOTHING in Galway was open late for dinner; a dramatic shift from the 24/7 accessibility I'm used to in the US. I loved the city of Galway, as well, so if you're looking for a pleasant hotel with a great staff, I'd highly recommend the Clayton Hotel. :)

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor and found it was nicely removed from the noise of the bar, which played...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Drumcliff, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel has the friendliest most obliging staff and the food is wonderful as well. I can highly recommend a stay here and a lovely dinner in the restaurant. I will definitely be back to sample the warm friendly hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently and at a conference in April. Beautiful hotel and very high standard. Staff are very accommodating and friendly and nothing too much trouble. One aspect which needs attention is the bar staff . Lots employed but service still VERY SLOW. Hotel is right beside a bus route into town. Music in the bar and a nice atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Myself and my husband are just back from a weekend break at the Clayton Hotel. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming. The check in was swift. The bedroom was spacious, the bathroom was very well finished. The bed was very comfortable in fact best two nights sleep I had in a long time. The breakfast was varied and well stocked. We also had an evening meal booked with the package, which was lovely and well presented. The staff in the dining room were very helpful and friendly. The only one negative was the carpet in places looked a little stained both in the bedroom and in the corridor. Overall a very good hotel nicely situated for easy access to Galway city. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

stayed here for one night on a hen now i cant say i was in the hotel much as we went out for the night but i found it to be a nice modern clean hotel, lovely room with all the usual facilities.
clean bathroom. nice decor. didnt eat at the hotel as ate out on the hen. reception lady checked us in out was friendly asked how the night went etc!
it was located a few mins out of galway city we got a taxi home from town at 15euro between 4 people so not too bad! room 315 was very quiet but if opened the window you could hear the traffick on the dual carriage way (like you would in most city places!) id a great night and would def recommend this hotel. we got a good deal on price for a group so that was a bonus too! found the bed to be comfy

Room Tip: room 315 faces the dual carriageway wasnt a prob for me atal atal but some people might want a diffe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for a night on a business trip. The hotel was very busy with bus loads of tourists which is a good sign but service seemed to fall as a result of being so busy. Maybe not enough staff? At breakfast (The standard buffet type) there wasn't any muesli. I asked the waiter if they had any and he looked where I had been looking and confirmed that they had none! I asked him if they had any in the kitchen and he said ok. He disappeared and I never saw him again! I made do with a nice healthy porridge but it was not an endearing customer encounter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Clayton Hotel? Share your experiences!