“A lovely and welcoming hotel with great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brooklyn
“A lovely and welcoming hotel with great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Believe the good reviews here, my friend and I loved the welcoming and very patient and helpful staff, the gorgeous rooms, and the appetizing breakfast. I'll stay here again when I come back to Galway!

Visited August 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“How not to cook a steak!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Ive stayed and eaten here many times down the years while I contracted in Galway.
So this time I was really looking forward to bringing my wife there for a great meal.
Her steak arrived - perfect.
My steak arrived well done instead of rare!
How does a kitchen miss something like this?!
Steak was taken back and a new one came out 10 mins later by then my wife had finished hers.
Not much of an apology and no gesture such as waive the cost of the coffees or deserts.
I wont be rushing back.

Visited August 2013
Northern Ireland
“Nice homely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a couple of meals here although we stayed in the Radisson, nice homely feel about this hotel, very much an older clientele. The food was good, bar staff really friendly. Recommended.

Visited April 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Added service beyond the norm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We attended family birthday party here recently. Lovely meal and great service. Of note was Chris the Maitre D who stepped in to mind a new baby while mother had her meal. Excellent thought.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“A Gem for a relaxing lunch for 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Park House is "old lady" in Galway's hotel / restaurant offering. I dined here for lunch with my Mum on Saturday. Located, near the Bus Station, off Eyre Square (Forster Street), Park House is very homely and staff very welcoming.

We lunched in the main restaurant area, whose staff were experienced and helpful : e.g. flexible with menu options / changes etc.

The food for really top class : I enjoyed 2 fillets of whiting in beer batter, with mashed carrots / turnip, and fries. The fish in particular was perfectly, perfectly presented and cooked : HOT, light and sauce on the side. My Mum, just wanted a simple toasted sandwich with coffee, which was also exactly as she wanted.

There are few places in City Centre Galway to meet, have lunch and chat in comfort. This is a true gem and I can't recommend it enough to anyone who visits.

Price was very reasonable to.

We left feeling well fed, relaxed and ready to take on the day . . . .

• Visited August 2013