“Delicious and GF friendly! ” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 329 Restaurants in Galway
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We at Vina Mara are dedicated to providing a friendly dining experience in Galway. All our menus are created using fresh Irish produce and an excellent selection of wines. Our aim is to create great food at great value prices and a warm friendly service for all of our customers. We are open Monday to Saturday for lunch and dinner. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening all our main courses are just €10. Great quality, great service, great value.
Galway, Ireland
“Delicious and GF friendly! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Was so impressed with the price and the quality of the food at Vina Mara. I was also impressed that the entire menu is laid out as gluten free, vegetarian and vegan. It made it so much easier as a newly GF person to have a lovely meal. I had the lamb and my partner had the duck. So tasty! Will definitely be back.

“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been there more than 3 tims.
Great food, nice staff, good prices and yummy food! Never been disappointed
I definitely recommend this restaurant

Clonmel, Ireland
“Unbelieveable value. Excellent Quality. Other Galway restaurants take note!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Myself, my wife and son had an evening meal in this fabulous restaurant on 23-July-2014 during the Galway Arts Festival. We availed of the "Value Menu" where EVERY main course on the normal A la Carte menu is only €10, even the Sirloin Steak (where other restaurants charge a surcharge for steak as part of an Early Bird Menu). The quality of our Sirloin Steak, Chicken and Lentil Burger was excellent. I was expecting portion sizes to be reduced at that price, but there was plenty on the plates to satisfy our appetites. All other restaurants in Galway should take a leaf out of this restaurants book. Monday to Wednesday are usually quietish times for a restaurant, but Vina Mara was packed that Wednesay evening. The restaurant is just 1 street over from the main shopping street in Galway and was a lovely oasis of calm during the hectic Festival week. It was the best meal we had all week, and cost only two thirds of the price we paid for other (sometimes inferior) meals. Service and ambiance were all excellent and the staff were extremely friendly and attentive. We will definitely be revisiting this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Ireland
“High quality and affordable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food in this restaurant is very high quality, delicious and on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, it costs next to nothing! The waitresses are very friendly and looked after our group very well. I got a huge steak with the best mash potatoes I've have in a very long time for only TEN euro.. I couldn't believe the value. Thanks to Vina Mara staff, I had a wonderful birthday and they even epy my cake in the fridge for me to collect the following day!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dublin,ireland
“Great value lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was here during Galway Arts Week with a group and a lunch was organised for us at this restaurant.All twenty of us were very happy with the food and price. The main courses were 7.50. euros and there was a good choice. The group ordered Gourmet sausages, curry, salmon, spiced lentil burger and more and all went down well. A glass of good, well chilled Sauvignon Blanc was an additional 5 euros. The lunch kept us going through a busy afternoon. Pleasant service.

• Visited July 2014