“An excellent week-end in Galway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marless House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Marless House Bed & Breakfast
You added Marless House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Threadneedle Road, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Lucenay, France
“An excellent week-end in Galway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We crossed my wife and me at three nights at Mary and Tom because we came see our son who etudie to Galway. I recommend this B*B without hesitation: very warm welcome, very comfortable chamber, irreproachable cleanliness and for the best, breakfasts deserving of the big restoration

Room Tip: Warm welcome et quality of services
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
holliston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at Marless House for the last two days of our trip. The warm welcome from Mary , complete with tea and cookies in the parlor , made us feel immediately at home ! We had a beautiful , clean room with a view if the ocean . I loved being able to step out the front door and be on the Promenade in less than a minute ! Mary served the best breakfast of all ...the perfect porridge being my favorite. She gave me the recipe but I've yet to make it as good! Mary did a great job of taking care of us....she has all sorts of maps that she marks with different color markers to be sure you don't get lost ! She gave us a great suggestion for dinner that we could walk to and even told us what store to go to get Belleek for my Mom. I really felt as though Mary wanted to make sure we had a good time . She even gave us a great big hug when we left ! I hope we can return someday and stay for a longer visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were very warming welcomed, shown to our beautiful spacious room and given suggestions and directions for places to go for dinner. The location is perfectly situated very close to the water and in walking distance to a great selection of restaurants and pubs.At breakfast we discovered that Mary and Tom have their owns bees that make the most delicious honey which we were able to enjoy with our delicious breakfast. Mary gave us great directions to downtown Galway and was able to tell us the perfect place to find the famous claddagh rings. We very much enjoyed our stay at Marless House,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicagoland, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with a couple friends of ours earlier this year when we were traveling throughout Ireland. Marless House proved to be an excellent treat in many ways -- convenient location to city center, comfortable accommodations, great food, and even greater hosts. I happened to catch a 24-hour bug that knocked me out part of our stay and of all the places I could have been holed up, I can't think of a better one on our entire trip that would have been as comfortable for an uncomfortable time.

We experienced one of the great joys of B&B travel - conversation with your host, which was a wonderful blessing as well. Top it all off to find out that the owners also built the place. No wonder it's such a great and well-kept property!

I'm not sure when we'll make it back to Ireland, but when we do Galway is on the list and we'll be here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is absolutely a great place to stay. Mary and Tom are wonderful. The rooms, we booked two are spotless and the house is very clean and comfortable. It is within walking distance to the beach and breakfast is professional done with great choices. I would recommend this place without any hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sanford, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Although my wife and I only stayed one night at Marless House we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were exhausted from the Chicago-to-Dublin flight and then a two hour drive to Galway but from the minute we stepped in Mary and Tom made us feel right at home with a nice cup of tea and some lovely chat. The rooms were very comfortable, the showers hot and inviting, the breakfast next morning hearty and delicious. We highly recommend Marless House. Sorry to see Galway fall to Kilkenny in hurling, Tom.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Mary and Tom were the perfect hosts. The rooms were lovely, the beds comfortable. Breakfast was amazing! Mary took the time to give us detailed directions to our next stop, Dingle, and what to see on the way. Should we ever return, we will make a point of booking the Marless House B&B.

Room Tip: We had a perfect view of the harbor from our front bedroom. It was just delightful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marless House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!