“Home from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marless House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Marless House Bed & Breakfast
You added Marless House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Threadneedle Road, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Killala, Ireland
“Home from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Top class B&B , so clean warm & cosy. Had a lovely stay there thank you so much Mary and for the fab breakfast and getting to watch the rugby. Lovely friendly B&B looked after us all so well. Mary is a darling giving us a lift to down to the wedding hotel. Would say this is number one B&B.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My last stop of a two week bicycle tour of Ireland was at the Marless House. Of the many B&B's I stayed at, I will most remember Marless. I cannot think of any more that Mary could do for me. On my very early departure, I had two alarm clocks set. People at breakfast were engaging and worldly in a lovely house.

Room Tip: Each of the two rooms were tastefully decorated.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had never stayed in a B&B before I went to Ireland. When we got into this place, it was exactly what I thought a B&B should be like. Mary served us cookies and drinks, her husband helped us with parking, and the whole house was decorated to make it feel so cozy and comfortable. It's about a 45 minute walk into Galway but there's a bus just around the corner making it so easy to get into town. Salthill is so close with great restaurants also. Mary recommended some great restaurants in town and we were all set! We all really loved our Galway visit the best on our trip!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My family and I (5 of us total) stayed at the Marless House B&B in 2 rooms for 3 nights earlier this month (September 2011). The house could not have been nicer and the hosts, Mary and Tom, were extremely friendly and welcoming.

Service: Mary provided us with cookies and tea upon our arrival in the afternoon and gave us plenty of ideas of things to do in area including the Cliffs of Moher, Connemara, Aran Islands, Galway, etc. complete with maps and brochures which was very helpful. The highlight of the service had to be the breakfast which offered a wide variety of options including poached eggs and french toast, which was probably the best french toast ever made. I've never had a better breakfast experience than the one I had here.

Sleep Quality/Cleanliness/Rooms: The 2 rooms were plenty big enough and provided a nice breeze off Galway Bay at night. The en suite bathrooms and the rooms themselves were very clean and always stocked with towels, soap, and shampoo which is not something you see at every B&B. The beds were comfortable and both rooms came with heated blankets.

Location: The Marless House is about 50 yards from Galway Bay which makes for a very beautiful location. It is, however, a little bit of distance from Galway....either a 45 min walk or 5-10 bus or cab ride. This is probably something to keep in mind when going into Galway for shopping or food. The B&B is actually in Salthill, which offers few dining/entertainment options other than the beach location.

Overall, this was an outstanding place to stay. There are numerous advantages to staying at a nice B&B like this over a hotel. My family looks forward to seeing Mary and Tom again when we return to the Galway area next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights last weekend and we loved it. The owners, Mary and her husband Tom were delightful. I had stayed here 10 years ago with my mom and sister, and this was a favorite for all of us. I booked Marless House right away when I planned this recent trip. The house and rooms were spotless. Breakfast was delicious. The house is located about 3 or 4 houses up from the water. From our bedroom window we could see the waves cresting out over the bay, and Aran Island in the distance. The room was cozy, even on a rainy windy night. We parked in the private lot in front of the house. We could easily walk to the main beach and attractions on the Strand. Mary mapped out a road trip for us each day, and we saw spectacular scenery going to Kylemore Abbey and it's gardens, and down to the Cliffs of Moher through the Burren. Fantastic stay. We also had a great dinner at McSwiggens Pub in Galway. Coincidentally, we ran into another couple at a different B&B in Killkenny who had stayed at the Marless House when we were there, and they also raved about Mary and Tom. We would highly recommend this place, and we did tell some other couples we met at a B&B in Bantry to stay at Marless later in their trip.

Room Tip: Our room in the front of the house had a nice view of the breakers out on the bay.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hudson, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife and I received a warm welcome, were shown to our room and offered excellent guidance about things to see in the Galway area. Mary was a perfect hostess with ideas on theater including booking our tickets, help with some of my ancestor search through a local data bank, and excellent directions to any of the sites in the area. The room was very brite and quite clean with excellent bath and all the amenities. The breakfast however was second to none on our 2 week trip to Ireland. Beginning with the multi-item menu, food was made to order and the variety would meet nearly anyone's tastes. She was even very happy to modify items .... ask about "Roberta's french toast". "Thanks Mary for a such a pleasant experience while in Galway."

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Mary greeted us with a lovely pot of tea in the guest lounge on our arrival which was really appreciated after our long drive. We had a good sized room with a double and a single bed, ensuite and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also off street parking at the front of the property.

Each morning we enjoyed a delicious Irish breakfast including pancakes. Mary was also very helpful with advice on day trips in the Connemara and supplied maps and directions. Mary also recommended places to see and eat in Galway, the city centre being about a 30 minute walk along the coast. Thanks Mary for helping us to make the most of our time in Galway.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Marless House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!