“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Abacus Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Abacus Guest House
You added Abacus Guest House to your Saves list
29 Glenina Heights | Dublin Road, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #17 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Recently, we had a great 2 night stay at Abacus Guest House. This spacious home is located in a nice residental area about a 5 minute ride into the center of Galway. We had very comfortable accommodations in our ensuite room featuring a powerful shower with lots of hot water. It was a peaceful location and most importantly loved finding a warm rapport with Breege our hostess. She was full of knowledge about Galway and all of Ireland. Chatting with her was like catching up with an old friend! Her breakfasts were plentiful, filling and delicious, served in a pleasant dining room. She offered yogurts, cereals, juices, breads, scones and of course a full Irish breakfast. Only wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Abacus guest house looked after all my needs from informational 'how to' to flexible availability on rooms.While visiting the Bons hospital, I was able to come and go as I liked, avail of an early breakfast and late checkout as well as coffee/tea in room. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and wouldn't have any hesitation in staying there again on my next visit to Galway.

• Stayed July 2012
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Four of us stayed 3 days with "Breege" in her guest house, and found her welcoming, personable, ready with a laugh, and full of local lore and suggestions for our stay. Since we were unfamiliar with the area, it was just what we needed. It was also a challenge finding Abacus, but once there, we found the rooms large, comfortable, and quiet tho not "central Galway" if that is what you need. In fact, our day hiking on the nearby Burren was a highlight for us, and Abacus was very convenient for that drive. We stayed in 6 accommodations during our 2 week trip, and found that by far Breege was our favorite host.

Room Tip: Get exact, driving directions before you travel to the B/B.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
La Spezia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were her for 3 nights and we stay very well.
Nice and really large and comfortable room and bath,10 minutes with bus to town centre and Galway is a really nice town.
We recommend this B&B,thanks Louise and her Mom

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wildhaus, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had a great stay in the Abacus Guest House. First of all, Breege and her daughter Louise made me feel very welcome. They were helpful whenever I needed something and they always found some time for a chat. The room and the facilities are clean and generously, you find all you need.
The location suited me quite well, within a short walk you are in the centre or the bus station is very close.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is a beautiful B&B in a quiet spot on the doorstep of the town centre. I felt like I experienced true Irish hospitality - Breege and Louise were outstanding hosts.The room was beautiful and I loved coming down for breakfast every morning for an Irish breakfast and a friendly chat. I wish I could give more stars for my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

A friend & I spent 3 nights in April 2012. We were made quite welcome by Breege & her daughter Louise. Both the room & bathroom were quite generous in size, Thoughtfully arranged with water & beverage supplies and refrigerator. Breakfast was delicious & I very much appreciated the gluten free bread that appeared our 2nd morning. Especially since I had neglected to make the request before our visit. Our last evening we planned to do laundry at a nearby laundromat but the weather was less than conducive to even a brief walk. The offer to wash some of clothes was gratefully received. I would highly recommend the Abacus!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Abacus Guest House? Share your experiences!