“This Hotel is by far the Best in Galway” 5 of 5 stars

The House Hotel
Spanish Parade, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Galway
Clare
“This Hotel is by far the Best in Galway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a night last week and only wished my trip was longer... As I walked in the door I was immediatly greeted by a lovely girl... They must have read my mind because they asked me to take a seat and offered me a coffee whilst I was being checked in... now that's a first... normally you have to stand there and answer 20 questions. The lobby is just absolutely beautiful, I felt like curling up on one of their fab pink sofas but had to work. My bedroom was spacous, spotless and felt like a proper bedroom rather than a hotel room. It gets even better.... I then popped into the restaurant for a bite to eat! As I was dining alone they sat me in this gorgeous snug area and handed me the paper (what a relief.. I was dreading the thought of being placed in the middle of the restaurant and sticking out like a sore thumb) The staff were so friendly and chatty and really made me feel at home. I had the duck which was delicious and there wine selection was excellent and not overpriced. I will be travelling to Galway on business more regularly and will always come back to stay here.. This hotel is a must visit, I promise you...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I only stayed in this hotel for one night as I was part of a hen party of 14 girls and we were moving onto the Aran Islands for our second night.

The hotel is stunning. The décor throughout is beautiful and tasteful.

The bedrooms are spacious, clean and bright. They have flat screen tv’s, tea/coffee making facilities and proper hair dryers not the usual hotel jobs that take forever to dry hair.

The hotel has irons and ironing boards available for use.

We had a three course meal included in our package. The food was excellent with plenty of choice for all tastes. Everyone of our party was happy with their meal.

The hotel has a great cocktail menu and the cocktails are excellent and are priced at €7.50. My favourite of the ones we tried was the Expresso Martini.

The staff we met throughout all areas of the hotel were helpful, polite and friendly.

The breakfast was probably the best of any hotel I have stayed in. The choice was amazing. Apart from the usual cereals, juices and fruit, you could have eggs benedict, pancakes, bacon and maple syrup and much more.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is within walking distances of shops, bars and restaurants.

I cannot wait to return and most of the girls that were with me said they would love to return again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We loved our stay at The house hotel ! Funky Hotel with interesting decor - room was lovely and very spacious. The bathroom was very large with lovely fresh and clean fluffy towels.
The service was impeccable and extremely helpful. Room service was fast and exceeded our expectations, the breakfast was included in our rate and the hot dishes were cooked to order which is much nicer than food sitting stewing in a bain marie.
We arrived as walk ins without a prior booking and we were very very pleased with this choice of conveniently located hotel which is now one of my world wide favourites!
I will come back to Ireland just to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was the first stop on our tour of Western Ireland. We arrived early from our overnight flight from the US and fortunately they had a room that was a no show from the night before. We were able to take a shower and re-group before exploring Galway. The location is perfect and made it easy to get around. Driving was not necessary. Staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Breakfast was always very very good, and the dining room staff were all very pleasant. Guest rooms were a bit small but were well appointed. I would definitely recommend the House Hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I stayed here for one night on a business trip in May 2011. This is a good hotel in an excellent location in the heart of Galway. The staff are friendly and the breakfast is excellent.

The only negative is that the decor in the stairwell and corridors is a bit shabby. It could do with a bit of a makeover.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
galwayguests, Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I can confirm that we did give our corridors a makeover since your stay so we hope you will be back to visit us again soon.

Best Regards,

Margaret
tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is not cheap, but it's a lot of fun. Rooms are designed and decorated in interesting ways, with very contemporary touches. Adapters for US and continental plugs are actually in the wall itself, which is handy. Towels are fluffy and lush, the bedding new and comfortable, and the hotel is very clean. The breakfast is fantastic, with lots of choices. At night, the hotel jumps downstairs with live music some nights and always lots of people enjoying drinks and conversations. The crowd is fairly young, but people of all ages would feel very comfortable. Reception is helpful and efficient. We loved staying here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed at the House Hotel for just one night and it was very nice - could definitely have stayed longer. The best thing is the location - right at the bottom of the main street in Galway so after a night out you've not far to go.

Room and bathroom were very nice and clean, with plenty of space - although we didn't find the tea and coffee, and robes and slippers until we'd been there a while - they're in the wardrobe! The rainhead shower is excellent as well. Breakfast also very nice the next morning, and the bar/restaurant generally appeared nice although we didn't have a drink there.

Points to note: hotel does not provide parking, but will give you a discount stamp for one of the public car parks nearby. Check in is not until 3pm, and they can't guarantee your room will be available earlier. The hotel is a "funky" style downstairs (the room was pretty conventional though), and be aware that it appears to be a choice for hen parties on the weekend - we stayed on a Sunday so they were checking out when we arrived, but if you're looking for peace and quiet at the weekend it might not be the best. Finally, although very nice, it was expensive, at 119 euros for a Sunday night, including breakfast, although I think that is typical for central Galway anyway.

Overall a very nice stay - would recommend, but be aware that it may be a lively place on Fri or Sat nights!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The House Hotel? Share your experiences!