“True Ireland” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
connectiut
“True Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

Freddie & Michele go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable one.The rooms are great, clean & airy. Breakfast is wonderful , they arrange tours from the lodge if you request them. They are about a 10 min taxi outside of Galway which is nice because it is quiet. The view is fantastic

• Stayed May 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
West Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

i thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Sea -Breeze Lodge. Michelle and Freddy were warm and gracious hosts and the accomodations were very clean and very comfortable. It was a great start to a wonderful trip. Our two day stay there was relaxing (time change and one late night) and the food and hospitality were splendid.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

What an awesome bed and breakfast!! After arriving exhausted from a very hectic day, Freddie and Michelle treated us as though we were their only guests! Their only goal seemed to be to make us relax and have a wonderful experience - which we did!! Their hospitality and ease in which they serve their guests is unmatched - not to mention the delicious food and the very comfortable beds they provide. This is by far my very favorite bed and breakfast of all time!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stumbled upon this B & B mostly by accident after to heading to Galway from Dublin with no idea of where we would stay! Freddy immediately took us in and showed us around, my friend even sat down at the piano! The rooms were clean and tidy with lovely views to the bay, the living area downstairs was very welcoming and always had someone around. Breakfast in the morning felt like a family occasion, with Freddy the host chatting to the guests and offering advice of where to go and what to do. We went to Trad on the Prom due to his recommendation and really enjoyed the dancing and the music. I would definitely stay here again if I ever get to Galway!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Kenmare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

I did NOT stay at the Sea Breeze, but hope to one of these days. I had a reservation which I had to cancel - but did want to report on the courtesy and helpful assistance provided via email exchanges with Freddy. I look forward to the chance to stay there!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Sudbury, ON, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

My wife and I reserved a room from the 2nd to the 5th of May on the strength of the very nice website. As we came from Lladudno, Wales, and had taken the ferry from Holyhead we arrived around 8pm, somewhat late but we had communicate this to the owner. The taxi from the train station delivered us at the wrong address (there are two properties in the same block with the same name). Our problems started after I pressed the door bell. No answer. Then I tried the intercom and after quite some time someone (as it turned out the proprietor) answered ansking for my name. In the mean time we were soaked standing outside the locked door. A little later the owner himself arrived on a bicycle and informed us that we were at number 2 instead of number 9. We marched to number 9 and after being admitted quizzed about our surname again which, as it turned out caused difficulties for the mangement. Having just enjoyed a wonderful stay at Abbey Lodge in Lladudno this was not the kind of welcome I expected.

We were shown our room, which was a good size and clean but hardly palacial I told Mr. Frank, the proprietor that I felt not welcome by the reception we had got. Unfortunately that was not a good start. Instead of being asked what might be done to rectify this impression we were treated to a lengthy dissertation that all this was my fault. I had a strage surname (true), I was tired (some truth to this obsevation) and we were wet (quite true). In brief, it was all my fault. After using the proffered towels to dry our heads I saw that this was probably not the place we wanted to be and I informed Mr. Frank that we were thinking about cancelling. My wife and I went for a walk as the rain had by now become a drizzle and decided to inform Mr. Frank on our return about our decision to stay just for the night and look elsewhere. Not a good idea. Another lecture on my shortcomings already listed above. Well, we stayed for the night, skipped breakfast and found another B&B.
The whole unfortunate mess cost us another 150 Euros and a long e-mail from Mr. Frank explaining it all over again and exhorting the vitues of the Tempurpedic mattrasses. Of course, as Mr. Frank explained, all this had been my fault.
Others may have had a wonderful time at the Seabreeze Lodge but it left a sour taste in my mouth. Surely, a guest comment could be an opportunity to change things for the better. And at no time was I anything but polite. As for being on the bay that is just another slight of hand. It would be if it weren't behind a main road that runs between the Seabreeze and the the bay.

Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

Incredible stay. I want to live in Galway now. I love Salthill and Galway and I am blown away by how nice everyone is there. The kindest people I have ever met and the B&B are a perfect example of this. We all became great friends in just minutes and they recommended great restaurants and pubs and helped us catch the bus and arranged the BEST bus tour to the Cliffs of Moher ever. I need to return asap because it was the most relaxing and blissful trip of my life. Breakfast was amazing (buffet and your choice of full irish hot breakfast, french toast, oats, etc. made especially for you) and the bed was so comfortable. After breakfast the first morning they just arranged a small bus tour to come pick us up and we were off to the breathtaking site of Cliffs of Moher!! I love Galway and Sea Breeze Lodge!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Sea-Breeze Lodge? Share your experiences!