“Worth every star!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wicklow, Ireland
“Worth every star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Sea Breeze lodge markets itself as a 5 star establishment and it deserves every star. We stayed in room 4 and had bay windows looking out onto Galway bay. The room is absolutely pristine and sets a very high bar when compared to other 5 star hotels in the area. The lodge is spotless - extremely clean and personal touches such as fresh white roses in the room, fresh fruit, tea/coffee and real milk in the rooms and an enormous bed that has the best mattress I have ever slept on. You can see the investment that has been made and no expense has been spared to turn this into a premium experience.

In addition to the above I must also call out the friendliness of the owners. We were made to feel very welcome and you can see that they are very proud of what they have achieved - and rightly so. It was such a change to be made to feel so welcome and I relaxed completely within 10 minutes of arriving.

Breakfast was a delight. The choice on offer was very impressive and the menu offers all sorts of options. I am normally very fussy in terms of the quality of the coffee, organic eggs etc. I was so pleased that all my expectations to exceeded.

If you are staying in Galway then i urge you to forget the typical hotel experience. The Sea Breeze lodge will turn your visit into an experience you will tell others about.

To the Owners - you really made our weekend. We loved your company and enjoyed your beautiful home. Thank you for making this a great experience.

Regards
Barry Hurley

Room Tip: Room 4 is their best. Ask for room 4 :)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Freddy121, Owner at Sea-Breeze Lodge, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Barry and Eaima,

Thank you so very much for this lovely review. Michelle and I also enjoyed meeting you both and we only hope that you'll come back again soon.

Friendly
Freddy and Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

This resort made our trip in Ireland.

Your hosts hospitality is unparalleled. The fine touches of the rooms show such thoughtfulness and it even gave us ideas for improving our own room back home in California.

It is hard to even describe what amazing adventures we had that began with our stay here. We biked the Aran Islands, walked up the street for a lovely dinner at Capone's, relaxed to music, enjoyed a bubble bath and a shower that felt like rain pouring on your head... I will not say anymore--you must experience for yourself. The views are breathtaking.

Thank you, Freddy and Theresa. Hugs from Bob & Christine and thank you again for everything.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Freddy121, Owner at Sea-Breeze Lodge, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Bob and Christine,

Thank you so much for your time and effort to write this lovely review. I appreciate it very much. You were an amazing couple and it was simply an honor to meet you and have you stay in my home. I really hope you'll do it again some day!

Friendly regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at the Seabreeze Lodge last weekend and I coudn't have been more impressed. I paid €145 a night for the Penthouse Suite with Bay View. The room was massive and everything in it was brand new. There were complimentary welcome gifts such as chilled water, fresh fruit, cheese and crackers aswell as robes. The owner, Freddy, was extremely friendly and made us feel most welcome. There is a gorgeous breakfast menu with everything made to order. It is about €8 to Salthill in a taxi and €12 to Eyre Square so you arent far away from anything. A must place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Freddy121, Owner at Sea-Breeze Lodge, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Colm and Gwen,

Thank you for this review. It never ceases to amazes me when I read reviews like this one. To see people so impressed with their accommodation just makes my day!
I know we put our heart and souls into making every room as comfortable and unique as we possibly could, and it's so rewarding to see how many people appreciate that.

Thank you once again and I hope you'll come for another visit soon.

Kind regards,
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at the sea breeze lodge for only one night but within minutes of being shown around the place and the exquisite room we wished we could stay longer. The owner Fred is the nicest man you will ever meet and he has taken great pains to make each room world class and I mean world class. Every detail and amenity is perfectly executed from the tempurpedic bed to the rainshower to the ample space of the room to the built in music system. The sitting area and breakfast area are also beautiful. It's a five minute cab ride or twenty minute walk into the city. Tucked away in salt hill and overlooking galway bay this is a true gem I will be coming back to again.

Stayed March 2014
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at the Sea Breeze Lodge because we liked the idea of being slightly outside of the main town during St Patrick's weekend. Staying at the Seq Breeze Lodge delivered on every aspect. We were welcomed by Freddy and we were made to feel at home right away. The cleanliness was 2nd to none, the decor very tasteful and comfortable like a real home.

Free phone taxi phone from the reception was a nice touch. Just 12 Euro and your in town or a very lovely 45 minute stroll along the sea front. We did both.

Nothing was missed and breakfast of a extremely high standard.

We will definitely recommend the Sea Breeze to our friends and family. Galway is definitely a place to visit any time.

Room Tip: Our room was at the rear and was excellent. A room over seeing the bay would only be better we imag...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Freddy121, Owner at Sea-Breeze Lodge, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Julie and Keith,

The pleasure was mine! Meeting you both and chatting with you over breakfast was fun.
I will be thinking of you fondly.

Best regards,
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

What an awesome experience! Sadly we were only able to stay for one night, we would have loved to stay longer! The weather in October wasn't bad at all.We had traveled to Ireland for a wedding and spent a week there traveling the whole country. I cannot remember how I found this amazing B&B, but I am so happy I did. I was looking for somewhere special to stay with my fiancee and his parents, its was our anniversary and an early christmas present to his parents. Freddy and his team we so welcoming and so professional. The rooms were gorgeous, my fiance and I stayed in the the Master Suite with the bay view, and his parents in a garden view room. (the mater suite was so welcoming and relaxing!) All the pictures that are posted are just they way it looks when you arrive! Top quality everything. The food was delicious. Also, I had requested welcoming baskets, with local goodies and Freddy went above and beyond! Being someone who works in the resturant industry I was so pleased! Again we wish we stayed longer!! Thank you Freddy and your team! We hope to be back!! We also had dinner at an amazing resturant not to far from the B&B... Donnelly's of Barna, the food was delicous, dessert was amazing! We had a cozy table next to the fire place on an chilly October night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband Ben and I traveled to Galway in October 2013, for our 1 year wedding anniversary. One of the best decision we made during this trip was staying at the Sea-Breeze Lodge. Freddy made our stay absolutely amazing. Not only does his kindness make the B&B beautiful, but the B&B is actually breathtaking. We stayed in the Master Suite. The room was spacious, beautiful, had a wonderful bed and beautiful, relaxing bathroom. The B&B is perfectly situated close to town. It was a wonderful stay and I highly recommend the Sea-Breeze Lodge to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Freddy121, Owner at Sea-Breeze Lodge, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Michelle and Ben,

Thank you so much for the review. It was a pleasure to have you stay in my home and I sincerely hope to see you again some day.

Kindest regards,
Freddy

Been to Sea-Breeze Lodge? Share your experiences!