“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swallow Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Swallow Bed & Breakfast
You added Swallow Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
98 Fr Griffin Rd., Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #43 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Springfield, Illinois
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Patricia and Jim were great hosts, and I had a great time visiting with them. Their home was clean and very close to the downtown Galway nightlife. It was very much like staying with friends. They were very helpful on must visit locations in the Galway area. Because I am 6' 4" I was concerned about the accomodations when I made my reservation, but realized I would have no difficulties once I arrived. If you choose The Sparrows you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hosts were fantastic, very friendly, helpful and cheerful. We got in a little later in the evening, and by chance stumbled upon this gem. Stayed here with two friends on a random trip with no plans, and we all thoroughly enjoyed this B&B. I have stayed in many many B&B and found this one to be clean, tidy, quaint and in a great location. Easy to walk straight down the road finds you in the heart of the town. It's far enough away you don't get the noise of drunks/traffic all night, but close enough that you don't mind the walk in the cold rain. Felt like staying with family, and would recommend this place to everyone! Breakfast is included-cereals, toast, eggs, yogurt, granola, meats and cheeses. Plenty to choose from and more than enough to fill you up. This is not a 5-star hotel, but you are not paying 5-star prices. It is an enjoyable clean place to sleep and stay and hopefully get to know your hosts a bit. My friends and I have already sent several people to check this place out! Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Swallow several times this year and have nothing but good to say about the place. The rooms are very clean and linen fresh and clean. Breakfast is ample to get you started for the day but if you want a full breakfast or anything more 5 minutes walk your in Eyre Square. I use this B&B because it is in a very good location and Jimmy and Patricia always treat me well.
For the costs it is very good value for money, I have paid twice as much in the town and not been happy. It is the first place I call when I am travelling and I must say if they are full they go out of their way to try and find accomodation for me. Great Place, Nice People..

Room Tip: Double en suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Antalya, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

your hosts there (Patricia & Jim) are very very nice people. They act you as if you are not their customer but their guest. And about the location it is approximately 5 mins away by walking from centre and it is in a very peaceful place you can go to city centre and hang out in the irish pubs or enjoy the silence and nice chat with your friend in the Swallow B&B if i find a chance to go to Galway i absolutely know where to stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Traveling through Ireland for two weeks, we were looking forward to our stay at the swallow inn considering the high reviews. This was by far the worst b&b we stayed in, and we left 3 nights early because of it. Patricia was very nice, but she directed us to stay in the tiniest room I've seen. My boyfriend and I couldn't even walk around. The place was outdated and dirty. I dont know if she figured we were young and wouldn't complain, but we couldn't stand it there. When we expressed our concerns to Patricia, she showed us to 2 other rooms, however I was so disappointed I wanted to leave. Compared to other b&bs we stayed at, breakfast was nothing to write home about. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Patricia & Jim made us feel very welcome, such a friendly couple and certainly know how to have the craic. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay. The B&B is set in a great location and walking to distance to the bars and restaurants. Definitely be back for more next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just returned from spending agreat weekend at The Swallow. Perfect location, beside the town & Salthill. Buffet style breakfast with plenty of food on offer. Very friendly hosts, Great atmosphere, Definitely would stay there again. Excellent Value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Swallow Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!