“You'll really enjoy Galway!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 73 Activities in Galway
Type: Bodies of Water, Food & Drink
Vancouver, Canada
“You'll really enjoy Galway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent two nights at the Jury's Inn in Galway and thoroughly enjoyed both the hotel and the town/area. People friendly and hospitable, food was great, sightseeing interesting. Would go back in a minute.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Vienna, Austria
19 attraction reviews
“Galway and Mutton island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I spent a night in Galway in Salthil area. I woke up early morning and took a walk in direction of Mutton island. The area is so beautiful and peaceful hard to imagine.
There is a pedestrian path to the island (which was half closed when I was there) over the sea. I highly suggest to take this path. In the middle of it I found myself surrounded by blue. Big Blue!
a slight rain startet but it was not annoying. It was more a humid breeze. I watched the sunrise there and was regretting the whole time why I had to leave the city in a few hours. I could just stand there for hours and watch the sea. I wish I could go through the ocean, where there is only blue and blue....

Visited September 2012
Perth, Australia
“Trad n the Prom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a great night. We booked only three days before, and though we sat in the last row, there were only 8 rows. It was a very professional production, but what impacted us was how informal and friendly it was - a bit like sitting in on a jam session of top musicians and dancers. And exceptionally good value - only E30 a ticket.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking golf course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The cab driver on the way there explained to me that the resort went out of business, even though the golf course is still operating. It really is a shame because the course is world class, and the views are dramatic and breathtaking. The upside: I played an 18 hole round on an almost empty course on a Tuesday morning for only 35 euro! If you're a golfer, play this course!

Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
“Breath takingly lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place is like stepping back in time with the rural and the modern nicely interwoven. I recommend a stroll along the jetty to really take in the beauty of the place.

Visited June 2013