“Genuinely warm” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tullamore, Ireland
“Genuinely warm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Recently booked the Pillo off the net..largely based on value for money. Had to stay for 2 nights for work purposes. Staff on reception were genuinely warm and helpful and I was very pleased with my room - not at all stuffy and overheated as so many are. The bed was enormous and very comfortable.
For breakfast both mornings my off the menu (buffet ) request was delivered speedily and cheerfully even though staff were extremely busy catering to a bus load of tourists. Food quality was very good.
The underground car park is extremely convenient. The hotel is only a short distance from the city center, one could walk, but that night a six euro taxi fare got me there.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others and would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
PilloHotel, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Galway, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review on your stay with us. I have passed on your lovely feedback to all the team, in particular the reception and restaurant staff. It was good to hear that you found the hotel to be well located and that you availed of our free underground carparking. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Siobhan Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
County Louth, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Looked fwd to this weekend for so long. Arrived Friday afternoon, was given our room. All looked great. Unpacked and went down town. Came back at 9.30 to a freezing cold room. Turned up the dial. Still no heat 20 mins later. -2 degrees outside. Called dwn to Reception and was told there was a problem with heating in hotel. After some time we were offered small oil filled radiator. We did get two hot chcolate drinks which were badly needed. Tried to get some sleep but there was an engine or motor of some sort running all night below us. Very disturbed night. We did get moved to another room the next day - still no heat and had to ask again for a radiator. Avoid room 128 and ask if there is heat in hotel before booking. We wont be back.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to apologise for the disappointing stay that you had with us recently. With regard to the problem which we experienced with the heating, I can assure you that our Maintenance team did everything that they could to try to resolve the issue when it occurred. It was very unfortunate that this issue arose when it did and I am very sorry that it impacted on the enjoyment of your stay. I note that you mention that you won't be back, however, I can assure you that if you did decide to come back, that we would ensure that your next experience was a lot more positive. Please feel free to contact me directly it you do wish to return to Galway.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

There were posters suggesting we hang up towels to indicate interest in using them a second time...but insufficient towel racks to do so. (Sorry, I'm not going to use a towel that has been on the floor a second time!). There was space on the wall above the commode to place a rack.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PilloHotel, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Galway, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your suggestion regarding extra racks on which to hang the towels. From the rating that you scored, it was nice to see that overall you were happy with the service and facilities which you received during your stay.
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had previously stayed at the Pillo hotel on a couple of occasions so had no hesitation in booking it for a night away with the family for my mam's 70th birthday ... and we weren't disappointed. We booked the Penthouse Suite for my mam and dad and this was amazing! It consisted of a sitting room with a large tv and a dining area and kitchen facilities, a large bedroom and ensuite and a balcony overlooking Galway City. There was ample room for 10 of us to enjoy cake and champagne in the suite ... but unfortunately we had to return to our own rooms which were very adequate ... just not the penthouse!! We had a meal in the restaurant and the food was amazing! All in all a great hotel within walking distance of the city which offers comfort, value and great food. The attention of the staff was terrific and particularly from the reservations manager Lisa who assisted me in the booking and made sure everything was spot on for the occasion. Thanks Lisa ... we'll be back :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PilloHotel, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Galway, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
It was lovely to read how much your family enjoyed your recent stay with us to celebrate your mother's birthday. I am glad that you found the hotel to be well located and good value and that you were so well looked after by the team, in particular Lisa. We look forward to welcoming your family back to stay with us again in the near future.
Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have just returned home after three nights in Pillo Hotel Galway having had a lovely time. We ate in the restaurant on Friday night and, although we had a bit of a wait, the steaks and moroccan chicken were gorgeous. On Sunday night we had bar food and I can tell you that the goats cheese pizza is absolutely divine!! This is our third trip to Pillo Galway and we have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Foolishly I left booking a spa treatment too late so could not have a little pamper session for myself on my wedding anniversary - maybe next time.... Parking is easy in Pillo and the city centre is near enough, on a good day, to walk into town and enjoy strolling around the streets and take in all that Galway has to offer.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, it was lovely to read that you are a regular guest here. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, including the food and the service that you received from the staff. Your feedback has been shared with all of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again. The next time we will be happy to pre book any treatments which you would like in the Spa to ensure that you get time to enjoy it.
Raphoe, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel a number of times, and have just returned home from a 3 night stay in the Pillo. The bedrooms and the public areas are spotless, the staff are very helpful, the food is great, I just love the choice for breakfast. ( Gives another meaning to an 'all day breakfast' ) The rooms are very spacious and the beds very comfortable. The view doesn't bother me so I usually request a room overlooking the courtyard, we had room 212 this time, and there was hardly a sound, day or night. Location is great for walking into the city, when arriving by car from most directions, the hotel can be reached without crossing the city. this is important in a city which is known to many as 'traffic jam city '. The secure underground parking is another selling point for me, and its free. The reader may think I'm getting paid for this ( now , there's a thought, maybe they'll give me a free night !! ) but these comments are not exaggerated, I'm just an enthusiastic fan of the hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you're not concerned about a view, request a room overlooking the courtyard, they're very...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was lovely to read how much you and your wife have enjoyed your visits and that you were so happy with the facilities, food and service that you received each time. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.
Mallow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just returned from a family weekend in Galway to celebrate my parents 70th birthdays. There were 10 of us in the group, 8 adults and 2 small children, and we had a wonderful stay at the Pillo. Very attentive and friendly staff, extremely comfortable rooms, great choice of menu for the breakfast in the mornings. Some of the group had dinner in the restaurant one evening, and the menu was equally extensive, and reasonably priced.The hotel is only a short distance from the city centre, which offers you the choice of taking your own car, or getting a taxi. The hotel also provides complimentary car parking, and is within walking distance of 2 smaller shopping centres. We didn't have time to use the spa facilities this trip, but it gives us an excuse to come back!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
PilloHotel, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Galway, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay so much with us, especially as you were here to celebrate a special occasion. I have passed on your kind feedback about the service, food and standard of your accommodation to all of the team. It is a pity that you did not have a chance to visit our relaxing Spa, it will something for you to look forward to on your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Siobhan Burke

Been to Pillo Hotel Galway? Share your experiences!