“Hollywood glamour!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wellpark, Galway, Ireland   |
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Galway
“Hollywood glamour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel, beautiful lounges, decor and rooms are stunning! It's a must stay. Food and service excellent. Location on the bay, relaxing and centrally located.
Love the staff, friendly and very helpful!

• Stayed July 2013
The g Hotel G, Manager at The g Hotel Galway, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time with us in the g. It was lovely to read your comments about our beautiful lounges, décor and stunning bedrooms. I have also shared your comments about our excellent food and service with the entire team in the g.
Please let us know when you are planning your next trip so we can ensure it is as special and memorable as the last.

The g Hotel Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel in general is cool and stylish, great design. Me and my fiancé had a superior room for 2 nights. I expect from a 5* hotel at least that cleanliness goes without saying. The curtains were dirty in our room, under the washbasins in the bath, there were lumps of dust!!! The whole 2 days!!! Then, the sink in the bath tub didn't work! After a shower, the water was 15cm high in the tub. I asked to fix it, but nothing changed! I would not return to that hotel! Otherwise, the staff was friendly and the breakfast good!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Naturally we were all upset to read the title of your review. Our Accommodation team receive regular and constant praise for the standard of housekeeping they provide throughout our guest bedrooms and lobby areas of the hotel. This feedback is unusual and I would be grateful if you could contact our Front of House Manager, Niall Kelly, on nkelly@theg.ie so he can investigate further.
It was however rewarding to read that you found our team to be friendly and our breakfast to be of a high standard.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff started our visit off on the right track. Check in was lovely, the concierge gave us great advice for possible restaurants and then offered to drive us into town. We had a nice stroll back along the river (about 15 minute walk.) Saved our welcome cupcake that was in our room for dessert that night. What a treat! The decor is very cool. The lobby and lounge areas and even the dark hallways made the hotel even more memorable. Great shower, really comfortable bed, yummy breakfast included in our rate. I wish we could have stayed more than one night.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for writing such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the g. To be considered your favorite hotel ever is very high praise and we are all so grateful. Our ladies and gentlemen working here in the g were all so impressed to have been mentioned in your fantastic review.
It was lovely to read that you enjoyed our g cupcakes; these are one of the many little touches that make staying at the g so unique. Your review really is amazing. Please contact us here in the hotel so we can ensure that your next stay at the g is as special and memorable.

Thank you once again for your fantastic review. We really do appreciate your kind words.

Magherafelt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a fantastic time at the G! The staff were super friendly and helpful. The staff member on reception remembered my name when I went to checkout the next day. We made the most of the 2 for 1 cocktail offer and we really have to give a special mention to Bruno, he was brilliant suggesting and making cocktails we had never tried before.

We didn't eat in the hotel but really wished we had! When we returned to the hotel later in the evening I ordered the baked Alaska - amazing!!!

Few small niggles which made this a 4/5 and not 5/5. We ordered a bottle of wine, when it arrived the staff member had brought us the wrong bottle. We didn't drink any of it and when we mentioned to her it was the wrong bottle she wasn't overly apologetic and we ended up feeling embarrassed and awkward. She did bring the correct bottle swiftly though!

Other little niggle was breakfast. I thought the continental selection could have been a bit more extensive. No prunes, dates or dried fruit. I ordered scrambled eggs and they weren't great. But the pancakes were really good!

All in all a fantastic hotel, we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The g Hotel G, Manager at The g Hotel Galway, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit to the g on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you found our team to be both friendly and helpful. Our 2 for 1 cocktail offer in our Signature Lounges has proven very popular this Summer and I am so glad that you enjoyed it. I have already passed your kind words onto Bruno.
I would like to apologise that the wrong bottle of wine was brought to your table and I have shared your constructive feedback about our continental selection at breakfast with our Head Chef, Pauline Reilly.
You review is greatly appreciated by us all here in the hotel. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the g again and I do hope that you become a regular guest of the hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights this week. From the minute we arrived I knew it was going to be a good experience. The weather was very hotel yet the minute we stepped into the hotel it felt cool and airy. The staff in this hotel are absolutely fantastic. It's amazing what a difference a smile makes. The girl on reception was so friendly and professional. We got a complimentary upgrade which was brilliant. The suite was really beautiful. I loved everything about the decor of the room, it was so relaxing and warm (warm in a nice fuzzy way, not heat warm!!). The air conditioning worked a treat (quietly!!) which was great because it was so hot in Galway while we were there. The room was really spacious, the bed was possibly THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The bathroom was big, with a lovely free standing bath and a great shower. The quality of the towels and the bathroom products was exceptionally high.
But back to the staff, from the front of hotel staff, to the bar staff to the housekeeping, every single person I met was very friendly and helpful. I left a note asking for an extra shampoo to be left for me (long hair!!) and they left several extra. The rooms were extremely well cleaned every day and the turn down service is a lovely touch. I met several staff members in the corridors and lifts etc during my stay and every one of them was a polite and friendly as the last.
There were complimentary cupcakes in the room when we arrived and I thought this was a really nice little luxury, plus they were absolutely gorgeous!!
We had breakfast delivered each morning and once again, the standard of everything was fantastic. Food arrived on time and it was piping hot. The food was delicious.
I spent an afternoon in the thermal suite which was so relaxing. Unfortunately the spa itself was fully booked (the girl on reception had advised me on 2 occasions that if I wanted treatments then I would need to book!!!) by the time I decided when I wanted to go to it but actually the thermal suite was soooo good that I felt like I had had treatments and I slept like a baby that night!!
WHEN I go back to Galway again this hotel will definitely be my first choice and I would highly recommend it to everyone. It's an experience in itself and it really is quite special.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the g for three nights. It was fantastic to read the review you posted on Trip Advisor. To read about our team being fantastic really was so rewarding for us all here in the g.
Our Suites are both comfortable and unique and I was so pleased that you enjoyed your time in one of them. Our beds receive constant praise and thank you for mentioning this along with our high quality linens and complimentary toiletries.
Our g buns are one of the many little touches that contribute to the g being such an iconic hotel and it was lovely to read that you enjoyed them. ESPA at the g is home to our award winning Thermal Suite and I am so pleased you found time to experience this.
Your kind words and amazing review motivate us all here in the hotel. I would also like to thank you for sharing your first hand experience at the g to inform others who may be contemplating staying with us.
Thank you so very much for taking the time and effort to write such a lovely review. Please let us know when you are returning to the g so we can ensure you next stay is an equally memorable and special experience.

Kind regards and best wishes from us all here in the g.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Really enjoyed my recent stay at the G. Got a special offer for a 2-night mid-week stay and it was well worth it.
Breakfast was fab. I'm coeliac and was delighted to get GF toast!
The bed was ENORMOUS and super comfy. Got a great sleep. The weather was very hot but the whole hotel was cool and breezy. The AC in the room was nice and quiet too.
I didn't get time for the spa so looking forward to that on my next visit.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the g earlier in the summer. It was lovely to read how much you enjoyed your time with us. We offer a full coeliac menu here in the hotel and I am so pleased that our food and beverage team were able to look after you.
ESPA at the g is one of the many highlights that our hotel boasts so I hope that we get the pleasure to welcome you back soon to experience it. We really do appreciate your kind words.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I simply loved the g Hotel and, as you will see if you read my other hotel reviews, I am not at all easy to please.

I was staying for 4 nights to attend a conference at the university. On arrival, I was given a complimentary upgrade to a suite and shown to beautiful accommodation, which included a plush sofa, a big flat-screen TV, a work desk, a large and comfortable bed, ample storage and wardrobe space, and a luxurious bathroom with a free-standing tub and dual power showers and sinks. Wifi was complimentary and was *very* fast (this is massively important to me in a hotel). In fact the only thing missing, which I would have liked to see, was an iPod dock. (Management might consider including these in the rooms, as they are becoming standard in the hotels I stay in.)

The welcome g cupcakes that were waiting for me on arrival were so delicious that on my final evening in the hotel I asked if I could buy another one to have with a glass of champagne. I was immediately sent two more complimentary cupcakes. This typified the standard of service and care I received throughout my stay. Staff were charming and helpful and many nice touches - such as the bed turn-down service - made me feel welcome and valued.

The eclectic and extravagantly decorated signature lounges were fun and comfortable. I dined in the restaurant once, had lunch and dinner in the (white/ silver) lounge once, and enjoyed cocktails with colleagues in the white/silver and pink lounges on two separate evenings. All of these experiences were good, with excellent service and lovely meals and cocktails on offer. It must be said that food and drink in the hotel is quite expensive, but on the whole I found the quality to be very high, such that it reflected reasonable value for money. (The exception was bottled water, which is exorbitantly over-priced here. As I drink approx. 3 litres of sparkling water per day, I bought this at the deli/ cafe adjacent to the hotel and took it back to my suite with me. It was a third of the price charged in the hotel.)

I have read several other reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor and some comment that the hotel is not very centrally located. This is true, but for those without cars, taxis are easy to come by and quite inexpensive, and the town centre/ university are just a short ride away. Others comment that the immediate surrounding area is not very picturesque, with some rooms backing onto the trading estate and car park behind the hotel. My suite faced in this direction, and I have to say, this did not really bother me at all (though, obviously, the importance one attributes to the view is a matter of personal priorities). The sound insulation in the suite was excellent. I could not hear neighbours in other rooms, corridor noise, or any noise from outside. This is incredibly important to me. For those who do like a view, the signature lounges face onto Galway Bay and I enjoyed sitting in the white/ silver lounge and watching the sun set over the water with an evening cocktail.

It is unlikely I will ever need to visit Galway again, but if I do I will definitely stay at the g and I will recommend it to others. I'd like to thank the management and staff for a great visit and for making me feel so much at home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
The g Hotel G, Owner at The g Hotel Galway, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for posting a five star review of your recent stay at the g on Trip Advisor. Thank you for providing such a detailed description of the features of our bedrooms for other guests who are contemplating booking a stay at the g. I have already shared your comments about purchasing iPod docks with our Accommodation Manager, Christine Schneider.
To read about our team being helpful, charming and organising additional g cupcakes for you was fantastic to read. It was also lovely to read about the excellent service and high quality menu offerings you received in our Signature Lounges and Restaurant Gigi’s.
I was also pleased that you found the hotels location to be beneficial during your trip to Ireland. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others and for taking the time to compose this review. I really do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the g. Your kind words mean a great deal to us so please let us know if we can be of any assistance in booking a stay should you return to Galway.

Thank you once again for such a heart felt and kind review,

The g Hotel Management Team

Been to The g Hotel Galway? Share your experiences!